GUILTY CA - Caren Ramirez & 3 others for imprisonment, torture of 16yo boy, Tracy, 2008

Yep, more waiting.

I think it is interesting that Lau gets two new attorneys while her husband is sticking with a public defender. Wonder what's up with that???

That is really strange. Maybe her family's got money or something? I would bet they are figuring as a mother she needs the better counsel so she can get out and get back to mothering her kids. NOT gonna happen in my opinion - she lost that right when she threw whatever good judgment she had away and helped to torture Kyle.

Tens of thousands of dollars donated to help a Northern California boy who police say was held captive and ritualistically tortured will be placed into a special trust, a judge has decided.More than $34,000 has poured into a nonprofit law firm from across the country and beyond on behalf of the youth, known in court records only as John K. Doe.
A Sacramento County judge has ruled that the money should be held for safekeeping and distributed to the youth as he needs it, with oversight from a trustee and the court, said Bob Wilson of Sacramento Child Advocates, which legally represents abused and neglected children.ens of thousands of dollars donated to help a Northern California boy who police say was held captive and ritualistically tortured will be placed into a special trust, a judge has decided.More than $34,000 has poured into a nonprofit law firm from across the country and beyond on behalf of the youth, known in court records only as John K. Doe.
A Sacramento County judge has ruled that the money should be held for safekeeping and distributed to the youth as he needs it, with oversight from a trustee and the court, said Bob Wilson of Sacramento Child Advocates, which legally represents abused and neglected children.
s
Link to full story:
http://www.sacbee.com/288/story/1543526.html?mi_rss=Bee%20State%20News

itsreenw, thank you for the update. This is such heartwarming news. Hopefully he has the funds to get back on track and live a decent life now.

I wish we could get an update and how this child is doing.

Hopefully the donations will continue in order to insure he has every resource possible to him so that he really can grow to be a succesful well adjusted man. I can't help but feel like he is owed this much, at the very least.

Hopefully the donations will continue in order to insure he has every resource possible to him so that he really can grow to be a succesful well adjusted man. I can't help but feel like he is owed this much, at the very least.

He deserves everything in life, he's such a brave person.. I hope he can be able to eventually put this in the past and find a loving family that he never had. He took a big chance escaping like he did, saving his life. He really is inspiration for many abused children. It's not an easy thing to do, there's always that fear there "what if". He made it! I hope he is able to live life to the fullest now, and enjoy every moment!

Has there been any update on this poor boy lately? :confused:

Also, I am so confused about the time line of events in this horrible case. Can someone help me get it straight ...

Kyle and Austin were taken from their father and put into Caren's custody, where was their mother at the time?

Then, the boys are taken from Caren's custody and put into foster care. How does Kyle end up in the group home and where did Austin go?

Lastly, Austin states recently that he had just gotten to know his mother before she died and Kyle didn't want to know her. When was this?

OMG. this is such a sad story. How can those people do that? :mad:

I hope he is doing okay and that they will be in jail for years and years to come.

Found these pictures of the abusers at booking or in court. One of the photos is of the home where Kyle was held. In one of the court pictures Kelly Layne Lau is smiling.
Unbelievable, unbelievable, unbelievable, unbelievable.

California also has a victims crime fund to provide victims of crimes, everything from medical and mental health care, to even private mailing address. I have no doubt he will qualify.

Update:

Indictment: Group shackled, tortured teen

SAN FRANCISCO, California (CNN) -- Four Californians are accused of kidnapping a 16-year-old boy and torturing him for nearly a year before he escaped captivity wearing only boxer shorts and a shackle on his ankle, according to an indictment released Wednesday.

Anthony Vincent Waiters, 34; Caren Ramirez, 43; Kelly Layne Lau, 30; and her husband, Michael Luther Schumacher, 34, were charged with a slew of offenses, including torture, aggravated mayhem, child abuse and false imprisonment by violence that allegedly occurred from January 2008 to December 2008.

and

The four also face a new charge -- assault with caustic chemicals. The indictment accused the defendants of attacking the teen with "vitriol, corrosive acid, flammable substance and caustic chemical with the intent to injure the flesh and disfigure the body of the said victim."

The 17-count indictment was handed down by a San Joaquin County grand jury on March 23. Lau and Schumacher being held on a $2.26 million bail, while Ramirez and Waiters are being held without bail, a jail official said Wednesday.

The judge has issued a gag order in the case prohibiting attorneys on either side from speaking publicly.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/01/shackled.teen/index.html?eref=ib_us

Oh my.................I didn't think it could have gotten much worse but it just did. I don't feel so good. Please tell me they aren't really human.

It made me sick...caustic chemicals, corrosive acid...it's too bad the same things can't be done to them.

I have not read your story..... but I just want to say that God never gives us more then we can handle..... and Everything happens for a reason.... even such evil like this..... take the hands of your gardian angels and walk in the love and light of God..... YOU are GOOD and YOU are SPECIAL!

My prayers are with you!

We have said prayers for Kyle since we heard of his story. What an awful thing for him to have to endure! I hope he finds comfort and peace in his life now!

Does anybody know how that poor/lucky Kyle is doing Now?
(yes he is both poor and lucky too)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back