CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living in Escondido about a mile or two away from Amber's high school. :furious:
In California, just how close to a school can a RSO live? And again, it seems he hasn't had any supervision since being released. MOO

I was just wondering the same thing. Do we have any info on this yet?

The Mom was on her 3rd (if I recall correctly from the scanner chatter) police station trying to get someone to file the report. She had been trying since 2/25 when they had a fight and the girl left home.

The Mom was on her 3rd (if I recall correctly from the scanner chatter) police station trying to get someone to file the report. She had been trying since 2/25 when they had a fight and the girl left home.

Oh man. I hope someone took her serious.

Lastly I went to Matinal where "douche-bag" was staying with his parents and there's a police car and TV crew planted outside their door. As was mentioned they have a note on their door, saying they're not making any statements or welcoming anyone.

THEY'RE not welcoming anyone? No one but their murdering, sex offender son. That's rich. They better come up with a statement soon and it better be extremely apologetic.

Maybe they're busy looking for a new home in another city. They are NOT welcome in this community anymore.

Remember that darling little girl that was taken from an apartment building, Samantha Runnion (sp?)? The murderers mother made a statement as soon as they had her son apologizing profusely and saying that she was praying for the family of Samantha. THAT is the least this mother can do. She knew. She KNEW her son was 'off'. She knew he shouldn't be staying with them THAT close to an elementary school. She knew he had nothing to do with his days but lurk around.

I hope that people who know him will start speaking up now that her body has been found. I have no doubt that he's done this before. LE needs to look back a long way and I bet they find him a suspect in a lot more attacks. LE also need to look for signs of a shallow grave near where Amber was last seen. But I think he probably would have moved Chelsie's body elsewhere if he would have had the time.

I think it's very possible that JAG has killed before. And, as you say, if he had more time he may have moved Chelsea's body somewhere else where it may have never been found. This might have happened with Amber Dubois, and there may be other unsolved disappearances in the area that he's tied to.

The Procession down Pomerado Road is going on right now. Everyone carrying a candle for Chelsea.

In California, just how close to a school can a RSO live? And again, it seems he hasn't had any supervision since being released. MOO

His probation was up in 2008 so he was no longer being monitored. This means he had every right to be as close as he wants to a school.

So my whole self righteous diatribe about his mom knowing he wasn't supposed to be that close to a school goes right out the window. :angel:

Yes i heard that on the scanner too but no further info...no name on that one...

I believe i read that this guy was no longer on parole so he would not have been monitered other than having to register and they all seem to find ways around really being located at a certain address

one thing that LE has a tendency to do, with direction from chamber of commerce, majors, etc is NOT say there could be a serial killer until it is evident to everyone in the community. Not good for tourism or property values, etc...so there are many crimes that take place and only after the fact do the residents learn that other similar crimes have occurred...i think this happens far more often than we would like to think. Nicer communites do not want posters in their parks warning people off...and as a rule, people don't want to think their nice neighborhoods might not be so safe, so it is a double-edged sword...but it backfires, like this...

In the scanner thread, there was talk about another missing 17-year-old, who disappeared the same day as Chelsea from the park. Does anyone know what came of that info?

All I heard on scanner was a franic mother wanted to report her 17 year old daughter missing from 2/25/10

Big mistake admitting to a fight. They're all just going to keep telling her the girl is a runaway and not do anything about it.

Thanks ~ and just one more question ~ are these two places even in the same county? I'm just wondering how his PO would keep up with him if he was supposed to be at one address but actually at another, about 50 mi. away. They should have GPS or something to keep them where they belong! MOO

Lake Elsinore is in Riverside County. This happened in the northern part of San Diego County, about 25 miles from the county line between Riverside and San Diego counties, so JAG lived in one county but spent a lot of time with his parents in another county.

His probation was up in 2008 so he was no longer being monitored. This means he had every right to be as close as he wants to a school.

So my whole self righteous diatribe about his mom knowing he wasn't supposed to be that close to a school goes right out the window. :angel:

It's kind of a joke anyways, I believe it's 1/4 for serious SO's and 1/2 mile for high risk. Not exactly far enough!

Very interesting article, not sure if it's been posted:

A local psychiatrist told 10News sex offender John Gardner should have never been let out of state custody based on the evaluation that was performed on him following a sexual assault on a 13-year-old girl back in 2000.

Dr. Mark Kalish said he felt there was no effort to have Gardner, linked to the disappearance of Poway teen Chelsea King, civilly committed under the mentally disordered sex offender statutes.

Kalish told 10News the statutes would have kept Gardner in a state mental hospital until psychiatrists and the court determined it was safe for him to return to the public.

Kalish considers violent sex offenders like Gardner to be sociopaths, people who have no conscience and no regard for other human beings. He said they think about people as merely objects to fulfill their needs and desires.

The psychiatrist who evaluated him 10 years ago recommended a 30 year sentence but Gardner got 6 under a plea deal. The DA offered the deal to keep the 13 year old victim from having to testify.

http://www.10news.com/news/22722387/detail.html

Hmm, sociopath, go figure....

I hope no one uses the mentally disordered sex offender card, to try to get him put in a state mental hospital. That would be a travesty.

It's kind of a joke anyways, I believe it's 1/4 for serious SO's and 1/2 mile for high risk. Not exactly far enough!

I didn't realize that sarx. That really does make it a joke.

Here in sunny SoFla RSO's don't even have to list an address - they can just put "transient". I did a search just the other day and within 5 miles of my house there are 597 of them!!!!!!!!! Some of them - homeless - list the main street and the cross streets that they hang out on. There was one predator just two blocks from me and he's right across the street from a park - A HUGE PARK - and this is a baseball / football park where kids are everyday! Don't ask me how that can be - I just don't get it.

And cluciano - you're right about LE (and the Chamber of Commerce) not wanting any bad publicity. Here our major industry is tourism so its even more so. But in the past few years I have seen these mobile digital signs warning of high crime area and to lock your car and protect your valuables.

Jessica's law written in 2006 states that sex offenders "shall not reside within 2,000 feet of any public or private school or park." So there is a limitation, after a fashion.

I didn't realize that sarx. That really does make it a joke.

That's how it was in 2007 anyways when we had a SO move in on the border of those numbers, I'm thinking it probably hasn't gotten any better in the last couple of years.

It's pathetic.

Many perps go back to the scene of the crime. On Sunday searchers/volunteers were being turned away. If he did get in, he would have to sign in (sure, he could have used a false name) -- but I guarantee you unless he was a Ninja, could he have passed LE and the search command post without being seen. Especially if he was in the water (most in the water had those waterproof suits on anyway -- at least that's what I saw on the tele).

Is it possible that he got in - maybe -- but unlikely. He'd have to be absolutely batty to think he could get to her body after 6PM on Thursday, when LE and searchers came out in droves. More stupid to be seen where the crime was committed.

IMHO Chelsea had an angel looking over her and made sure this was caught. The parents quick action certainly helped as well. He had little time, and I think the shallow grave was more like debris piled atop of her (IMHO).

There is no happy ending here. Only that Westerfield and Peterson will soon have a new roommate at San Quentin State Prison where California puts the worst of the worst.

Thinking of the family tonight --

Mel
Actually, I've heard Pelican Bay and maybe Folsom or Corcoran for the worst of the worst!:behindbar:behindbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meliMar