CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

From your link:

“He was the nicest guy you ever met. There was not a mean bone in his body,” Carr said. “Hearing about all these school shootings and stuff, I thought it was some mass shooting. But once I found out it was just Keith and his fiancee, it was just shocking. I could never imagine him ever getting into a fight or anything. I always described him as calm, cool and collected on the court.”

and

“In terms of assistants, there was none better, and she was an even greater person,” Dow said. “She was just an incredibly special individual. The kids loved her to death, and she had a great passion for basketball. That passion came through in everything she did. She was a true joy to be around.”

From everything I've read no one has anything negative to say about the couple, in articles and his FB....all in shock that this happened....no problems mentioned with others or in their relationship....there must be some record of entries near the time of their deaths since a key card is required to enter the garage ...and the cameras will hopefully give some leads....maybe someone borrowed or stole a key card?

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=8979518

Snip:
None of the residents who spoke to Eyewitness News said they knew the victims, but some did say they have been worried about the building's security. Access to the apartment's parking structure is supposed to be controlled though keycards and codes, but residents say it isn't difficult for anyone to get inside.
"We've been having some smash-and-grab break-ins for about two years," said resident Nick Chapman. "My car got broken into, my wife's car got broken into."
Chapman says he has asked the building to put up surveillance cameras in the past to deter petty crime, but now he feels the security need even more.
"We're definitely going to watch over our shoulder a little bit more," he said. "You certainly don't want to have to be concerned for safety where you live."

They were engaged. I still think it's going to be an ex girlfriend or boyfriend who is responsible since nothing was stolen. Some kind of jealousy revenge. IMHO, of course.

Slain Irvine, California, Couple's Death a Mystery to Police

ABC News
JOSH HASKELL
Feb. 5, 2013

Story and video

The shooting death of a couple has mystified police in Irvine, Calif., with indications that they were shot by someone outside their car and were not robbed, police said today.

Lawrence was found slumped behind the wheel of his white Kia in the parking lot of their upscale apartment complex and Quan was found in the passenger seat. Both were shot by someone who was standing outside the vehicle, police said.

"Physical evidence at the scene leads us to believe it was not murder/suicide. Their personal effects did not appear to be disturbed. Therefore, no obvious signs of robbery," Irvine Police Lt. Julia Engen told ABC News in an e-mail."

More...

Here is the car being towed away.

147-1tmXkn.Em.55.jpeg

Photo credit: Sam Gangwer / AP

Since the windshield appears to be intact, it seems that someone would have had to shoot through one of the side windows. Or, were there two shooters? One on each side?

From: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/02/04/5165047/calif-college-basketball-coach.html

Bigger version here: http://www.thelighthousenews.com/photos/galleries/2013/feb/04/keith-lawrence-and-monica-quan/59055/

Definitely has to be someone who was jealous or out for revenge.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=8979518

Snip:
None of the residents who spoke to Eyewitness News said they knew the victims, but some did say they have been worried about the building's security. Access to the apartment's parking structure is supposed to be controlled though keycards and codes, but residents say it isn't difficult for anyone to get inside.
"We've been having some smash-and-grab break-ins for about two years," said resident Nick Chapman. "My car got broken into, my wife's car got broken into."
Chapman says he has asked the building to put up surveillance cameras in the past to deter petty crime, but now he feels the security need even more.
"We're definitely going to watch over our shoulder a little bit more," he said. "You certainly don't want to have to be concerned for safety where you live."

I think this must've made it easier for whoever wanted them to get inside there. But I don't believe it's a case of theft - especially since nothing was taken. Recently engaged, recently moved there ---- the two were doing very well, and I think a jealous ex didn't like that. :(

Family Pleads for Public's Help in Irvine Double Slaying
The assistant coach for the CSU Fullerton women's basketball team and
her fiancé were killed over the weekend.

By Heather Navarro | Tuesday, Feb 5, 2013 | Updated 6:19 PM PST

"Family and friends of a couple shot to death in their car in an Irvine parking complex over the weekend pleaded for the public’s help Tuesday to catch whoever is responsible for the slayings.

"The Lawrence family is shocked and saddened by the senseless loss of Keith and his fiancée Monica," said family friend Melinda Dorsey. "If you saw anything, no matter how big or small, please contact the Irvine police department."

Detectives said hours before the shooting, the pair was at a Super Bowl party in Winnetka. When the game ended, they left to make the 65-mile trip back to their home in Irvine."

+

"Police have not yet determined a motive for the slayings. The couple’s apartment building is "fairly new," and equipped with security, said Lt. Julia Engen, spokeswoman for the Irvine Police Department.

"The building where they were discovered has controlled access [and] locked gates," she said.

More...

Looks like they are distinguishing between their actual apartment being secure as opposed to the parking lot (which obviously) is not secure.

What time did the Super Bowl end? I watched it but I did not like the ending so I switched channel immediately and paid no more attention to it.

I think someone saw the car with the one body slumped over at about 9 pm.

And, where the heck is Winnetka? I don't even know where Walnut is, for that matter. I do know Irvine. That is, I knew it before it was Irvine. Where their new home is used to be agricultural fields for as far as you could see.

I'm not good at maps but here is a link to one for the 66.6 miles from Winnetka to Irvine, Ca., about a one hour drive...

http://maps.randmcnally.com/#s=scre...3=&loc4=&loc5=&loc6=&loc7=&loc8=&loc9=&loc10=

Not sure when the game ended either but if they were found around 9pm, they would have had to have left Winnetka at least around 8pm to have time to get home.

LE will likely contact the people where the party was held to see who was there, if anything unusual happened and when the couple left.

Family Pleads for Public's Help in Irvine Double Slaying
The assistant coach for the CSU Fullerton women's basketball team and
her fiancé were killed over the weekend.

By Heather Navarro | Tuesday, Feb 5, 2013 | Updated 6:19 PM PST

"Family and friends of a couple shot to death in their car in an Irvine parking complex over the weekend pleaded for the public’s help Tuesday to catch whoever is responsible for the slayings.

"The Lawrence family is shocked and saddened by the senseless loss of Keith and his fiancée Monica," said family friend Melinda Dorsey. "If you saw anything, no matter how big or small, please contact the Irvine police department."

Detectives said hours before the shooting, the pair was at a Super Bowl party in Winnetka. When the game ended, they left to make the 65-mile trip back to their home in Irvine."

+

"Police have not yet determined a motive for the slayings. The couple’s apartment building is "fairly new," and equipped with security, said Lt. Julia Engen, spokeswoman for the Irvine Police Department.

"The building where they were discovered has controlled access [and] locked gates," she said.

More...

Looks like they are distinguishing between their actual apartment being secure as opposed to the parking lot (which obviously) is not secure.

What time did the Super Bowl end? I watched it but I did not like the ending so I switched channel immediately and paid no more attention to it.

I think someone saw the car with the one body slumped over at about 9 pm.

And, where the heck is Winnetka? I don't even know where Walnut is, for that matter. I do know Irvine. That is, I knew it before it was Irvine. Where their new home is used to be agricultural fields for as far as you could see.

The one comment on this article so far says there are 2 cameras on that top garage floor....hope LE has gotten some good info from them...

The Super Bowl Game ended almost right at 7:45 p.m. California (PST) Time...

I have the time down because I was posting on WS in the Basement Party during the game..... And I just looked at my post at the very end of the game...

HTH

The Super Bowl Game ended almost right at 7:45 p.m. California (PST) Time...

I have the time down because I was posting on WS in the Basement Party during the game..... And I just looked at my post at the very end of the game...

HTH

Thanks! They didn't waste anytime leaving the party then....that seems a little strange to me....wouldn't you stay a little longer than 15 min. after the game was over just to talk about it and socialize a little?

Thanks! They didn't waste anytime leaving the party then....that seems a little strange to me....wouldn't you stay a little longer than 15 min. after the game was over just to talk about it and socialize a little?

Many people like socializing after the game...

but the drive from Winnetka back to Irvine is a potentially busy drive with messy freeways and potential drunks...

and one or both may have had to work the next day...

Keith would have had to drive back in to the LA area... One of the worst drives in CA... No kidding...

So they could have even left before the game ended...

But this is all my opinion...

HTH

http://ktla.com/2013/02/05/2-bodies-found-at-irvine-parking-garage/#axzz2K6Ya14YI

..........A candlelight vigil was held on Monday night on the steps of Walnut High School for 28-year-old Monica Quan, a Walnut graduate and basketball star........

Officers were summoned to the complex in the 2100 block of Scholarship around 9 p.m. Sunday after a passerby saw a man and a woman slumped over inside the car.

Investigators don’t have a motive for the killings. Police said it does not appear that the couple was robbed.

No witnesses have come forward, and no one reported hearing gunshots.........

Family and friends say that they are shocked that someone would want to harm the couple.

“I still can’t wrap my head around what kind of individual would do this to such great people,” one friend said at Monday’s vigil.............

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Irvine police at (949) 724-7000, OC Crime Stoppers at 1-855-TIP-OCCS, or go to Access Irvine to leave an anonymous tip online.

looks like the autopsies have been completed and they were both shot multiple times. This is just so sad. My son tells me the kids here (i say kids, they are all mid twenty's) are devastated, and cannot believe that anyone would harm these two.

Turns out I did know the family, especially the dad. Moorpark is a pretty small town, about 26,000 people, one high school, and everybody kind of know's everybody if you have or have had kids in the schools and they did any kind of sport at school or the rec. dept. then you got to know the majority of the town. The whole town comes together on the 3rd of July for fireworks and a full day of fun stuff, it's very small townish. Anyway the Dad coached one of my son's basketball teams through the rec. dept when he was younger and Keith would help.

One of my sons friends was here today and he lived 2 doors down from them when they were all growing up, he is devastated, with memories flooding him now of all the times playing in the street, playing video games, eating snacks at each others homes. he said he was probably the best person he had ever known.

The people I have spoken with don'e know much more than we do, except to say that they do not believe it is a jealous ex or anything like that, because they had been together for quite some time. a few have said that maybe someone was jealous of their success and happiness, i'm not really buying that one either, it just seems that neither of them had an enemy in the world.

I hope we here something soon.

looks like the autopsies have been completed and they were both shot multiple times. This is just so sad. My son tells me the kids here (i say kids, they are all mid twenty's) are devastated, and cannot believe that anyone would harm these two.

Turns out I did know the family, especially the dad. Moorpark is a pretty small town, about 26,000 people, one high school, and everybody kind of know's everybody if you have or have had kids in the schools and they did any kind of sport at school or the rec. dept. then you got to know the majority of the town. The whole town comes together on the 3rd of July for fireworks and a full day of fun stuff, it's very small townish. Anyway the Dad coached one of my son's basketball teams through the rec. dept when he was younger and Keith would help.

One of my sons friends was here today and he lived 2 doors down from them when they were all growing up, he is devastated, with memories flooding him now of all the times playing in the street, playing video games, eating snacks at each others homes. he said he was probably the best person he had ever known.

The people I have spoken with don'e know much more than we do, except to say that they do not believe it is a jealous ex or anything like that, because they had been together for quite some time. a few have said that maybe someone was jealous of their success and happiness, i'm not really buying that one either, it just seems that neither of them had an enemy in the world.

I hope we here something soon.

I am so sorry you, your family, and your community are experiencing the loss of these two fine, upstanding people.

Your message reveals to me... Yet again... How these heinous crimes affect so, so many people..

The motive seems to be such a mystery... And I really have no ideas yet...

I appreciate you checking in with us..

I will be waiting and watching and hoping for leads and breaks so those that care for this couple may find some kind of closure...

:praying:

JMO

There's something odd about this one. Not sure what it is. I don't buy the "jealous ex-" scenario as it seems more likely to have been done by those looking to rob or burgle - yet nothing apparently was taken. While we can't know till the autopsy's released the path the bullets took - where each was struck - it seems unusual that they were both found in the vehicle; would not one have tried to escape? And does that mean two shooters? And if there were, does that lead back to the "jealous ex-" angle I discarded moments ago, via a hired hit? Odd.

Except that it was Sunday night and as others have said, both most likely had work to go to in the morning. Also, the game ended about a half hour later than expected, so maybe they did their 'socializing' during the black out?

It's almost as though someone was waiting for them to arrive home, and knew when they would get there. Someone knows. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500