CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mind is going in a very tight circle trying to think of ANYONE who would want to harm these two..

The fact that both of them were targeted at their home (parking structure) just confounds me!

If there was a work related (real or imagined) conflict... It would seem that either one or the other would have been attacked... And possibly closer to his or her work place...

:dunno:

The suspect is Chris Dorner, a former LAPD officer. He is considered armed and dangerous.

He drives a blue Nissan Titan pickup truck.

He has written some kind of threatening 'manifesto'. I'm watching local news now and trying to get more details.

Ex-LAPD officer a 'person of interest' in O.C. killings (LA Times)
Authorities on Wednesday evening were searching for a former Los Angeles police officer whom they described as a "person of interest" in the slaying of a college basketball coach and her fiance in Irvine, according to law enforcement sources.
---
The sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the case was ongoing, stressed that the ex-officer was not a suspect at this time but is wanted for questioning. It was unclear why the officer left the department, but the sources said he was fired several years ago.
---
more at the link

Dorner posted an angry manifesto on the internet two days ago. He is threatening more killings.

Apparently, he was fired in 2009 by the LAPD. He had a Board of Rights hearing, and his union representative was Randy Quan, father of victim Monica Quan.

They are reading excerpts now on local news from the 'manifesto', but I can't quite keep up with the reporter. Suspect is threatening to kill more people.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...icer-named-suspect-in-irvine-double-homicide/

Stacey Butler, reporting for CBS2 and KCAL9, said police believe that Dorner was targeting one victim, the daughter of Randy Quan, an LAPD officer who sat on a review board that gave Dorner a negative review that allegedly cost him his job. Dorner reportedly vowed to “make their families pay.”

Butler referred to a document Dorner reportedly wrote that contained threats against the “wives and children and loved ones” of people on the review board. Police said Dorner implicated himself in the murders in the manifesto.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...-slayings-threatened-police-in-manifesto.html

Irvine police on Wednesday night named Christopher Dorner as the suspect in the case, saying he was armed and dangerous. He was driving a blue 2005 Nissan Titan pickup with a license plate 7X03191. He lived in La Palma.

Dorner was fired by the Los Angeles Police Department several years ago for allegedly making false statements about his training officer.

Details of the manifesto were not immediately available. But sources said that in the writings he threatens LAPD officers and commanders -- including those who were on the review board that ultimately fired him.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...icer-named-suspect-in-irvine-double-homicide/

Dorner is described as 6 feet tall, 270 pounds and “armed and dangerous.”

If you know Dorner’s whereabouts, you’re asked to call (949) 724-7192.

In the comments for the ocregister article, someone includes a link to the suspect's facebook page.

Am I allowed to post that here directly?

Google-cached (scroll down a bit) Dorner "manifesto":

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...hares?q=Richard+III+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
---
I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, I'm terminating yours. Quan, Anderson, Evans, and BOR members Look your wives/husbands and surviving children directly in the face and tell them the truth as to why your children are dead.
---
You have misjudged a sleeping giant.
---
I am the walking exigent circumstance you created.
---
To my friends listed below, I wish we could have grown old together and spent more time together. When you reminisce of our friendship and experiences, think of that and that only. Do not dwell on my recent actions the last few days. This was a necessary evil that had to be executed in order for me to obtain my NAME back. The only thing that changes policy and garners attention is death.
---

Ghastly - hopefully all the others are in protective custody right now - until this monster is stopped.

An incredibly long 'manifesto'. I don't have the stomach to read it all, but there's a lot of vengeful rage there. Very sad.

This thing will not end well for Mr. Dorner.

In the comments for the ocregister article, someone includes a link to the suspect's facebook page.

Am I allowed to post that here directly?

His FB page is gone now.

This - this is sadness, two beautiful people dead. And for what? Dorner is obviously an intelligent man, one who keeps up with issues and knows what he believes. But this is madness. He seems to care so deeply. And yet he may have killed twice.

An incredibly long 'manifesto'. I don't have the stomach to read it all, but there's a lot of vengeful rage there. Very sad.

This thing will not end well for Mr. Dorner.

And he knows it... Per his "Manifesto" (see above post)..

I just hope he is caught before he commits more mayhem...

JMO

Oh my gosh this is so awful. The poor father

Read the entire manifesto. All I can say is, wow, just wow. I actually believe a lot of what he says. Of course, it does NOT give him the right to kill anyone. What a tragic story, all the way around.

I am much more concerned about the other people who could be potential targets than Mr. Dorner. Hopefully these people are in protective custody by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500