CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #4

Dozens of pro-Dorner protesters rally at LAPD HQ

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57569788/dozens-of-pro-dorner-protesters-rally-at-lapd-hq/

Protesters told the Los Angeles Times they didn't support Dorner's deadly methods, but objected to police corruption and brutality, and believed Dorner's claims of racism and unfair treatment by the department. Many said they were angered by the conduct of the manhunt that led to Dorner's death and injuries to innocent bystanders who were mistaken for him.

BBM

"Dozens" :floorlaugh: Sorry, in one of the nations largest counties a few dozen is just pitiful.

BBM

"Dozens" :floorlaugh: Sorry, in one of the nations largest counties a few dozen is just pitiful.

I believe those were only the ones in CA. From what I have been reading, many people are upset by racism, corruption, and how this case was handled.

:floorlaugh: I just love that little guy.

I believe those were only the ones in CA. From what I have been reading, many people are upset by racism, corruption, and how this case was handled.

:floorlaugh: I just love that little guy.

He is cute.

Most everyone is upset by racism and corruption. Most, however, are not upset by the way this case was handled....as it wasn't handled in a racist or corrupt manner.

The amount of people protesting was minuscule.

People who think Dorner shouldn't be dead right now should take that up with Dorner. I have said it a million times and I will say it a million times more if I must....Dorner killed Dorner. If people don't like the fact that Dorner is dead they should be upset with the person who killed him....DORNER!

IIRC, the Twitter issue was asking media not to Tweet what was happening and use #Dorner hashtag just in case he was following. Now do I think that was reasonable? I seriously doubt he was watching Twitter between the barrage of bullets he was shooting at LE.

Is there any information on how they linked him to Monica and Keith's murder in the first place? I know about the "manifesto" but it seems to me that someone would have to have found that FB posting in order to see it in the first place. Maybe LE has a software program to search FB for keywords "Quan" etc. Anyone know?

They do seem a bit heavy handed. Being stupid isn't exactly a crime (And she was obviously acting stupid. Maybe she doesn't understand English? How did she get a drivers license?) Stopping on the highway to use a cell phone? Pull across to the LEFT lane on a highway and trying to stop? Having to be told "Police! PULL OVER" after the sirens are blasting and they are following her? Being told to "TURN AROUND" and just standing there looking dazed?

But acting stupid and not understanding English isn't technically a crime and she didn't actually evade arrest.

Let me start by pointing out the (VERY) obvious issue I have with the way that article was written. It twists the truth, uses overly exaggerated language to paint a tainted picture, leaves out factual details, and down plays the actions of the woman in this instance. With that said,

This wasn't LAPD this was CHP. Yes, this was terrible and should never have happened (though what they did to get, what they perceived as an aggressive and non compliant person on the ground was textbook...we just don't like it because it was happening to a woman.) You can't see on the video her cutting people off, not responding to orders, refusing to put her phone down, etc. I am NOT excusing the officers actions. The officer also testified that she did not tell them she was pregnant until after she was on the ground. Like I have said numerous times before, there are bad cops who abuse their power and shouldn't be in a position of authority over others. There are also good officers who make mistakes. HOWEVER, in today's day and age, if the problem was as deep and widespread as some are claiming, there would be hourly postings of video footage of LE abusing their power. There isn't. About once every other year something comes out (this incident occurred almost two years ago.) This woman is now $250,000 richer because of that incident, which was the amount of money she asked the state to pay her.

ETA - Important to note....she was driving on a suspended license (illegal), while talking on the phone (illegal) and refused to follow the instructions of the officers (illegal).

IIRC, the Twitter issue was asking media not to Tweet what was happening and use #Dorner hashtag just in case he was following. Now do I think that was reasonable? I seriously doubt he was watching Twitter between the barrage of bullets he was shooting at LE.

Is there any information on how they linked him to Monica and Keith's murder in the first place? I know about the "manifesto" but it seems to me that someone would have to have found that FB posting in order to see it in the first place. Maybe LE has a software program to search FB for keywords "Quan" etc. Anyone know?

Here is an article that explains it:

http://www.scpr.org/news/2013/02/15/35975/pdf-affidavit-shows-how-police-linked-christopher/

Interesting!

They do seem a bit heavy handed. Being stupid isn't exactly a crime (And she was obviously acting stupid. Maybe she doesn't understand English? How did she get a drivers license?) Stopping on the highway to use a cell phone? Pull across to the LEFT lane on a highway and trying to stop? Having to be told "Police! PULL OVER" after the sirens are blasting and they are following her? Being told to "TURN AROUND" and just standing there looking dazed?

But acting stupid and not understanding English isn't technically a crime and she didn't actually evade arrest.

BBM....as a native of California I love the above bolded questions. I ask myself that all of the time. Oh, and I forgot to mention in my earlier post on the subject, she was driving on a suspended license, talking on her cell phone (which means she was BREAKING the law...both are illegal to do in this state.....and received $250,000 for it!) Gotta love California!

Ah! So it was a sharp National City LE that notified Irvine of the items found in the dumpster that led them to his name and FB. Kudos to that person!!

Could you imagine what could have happened if they didn't find those items and weren't able to make that connection when they did?

Let me start by pointing out the (VERY) obvious issue I have with the way that article was written. It twists the truth, uses overly exaggerated language to paint a tainted picture, leaves out factual details, and down plays the actions of the woman in this instance. With that said,

This wasn't LAPD this was CHP. Yes, this was terrible and should never have happened (though what they did to get, what they perceived as an aggressive and non compliant person on the ground was textbook...we just don't like it because it was happening to a woman.) You can't see on the video her cutting people off, not responding to orders, refusing to put her phone down, etc. I am NOT excusing the officers actions. The officer also testified that she did not tell them she was pregnant until after she was on the ground. Like I have said numerous times before, there are bad cops who abuse their power and shouldn't be in a position of authority over others. There are also good officers who make mistakes. HOWEVER, in today's day and age, if the problem was as deep and widespread as some are claiming, there would be hourly postings of video footage of LE abusing their power. There isn't. About once every other year something comes out (this incident occurred almost two years ago.) This woman is now $250,000 richer because of that incident, which was the amount of money she asked the state to pay her.

Not hourly, but a dozen a day is not uncommon.

http://www.policemisconduct.net/

why aren't you guys listening the ACTUAL Police scanner recording to pick apart the illogical statements said by yourselves and the MSM. @ 30:00 a voice comes on and Says "it sounded like one gunshot from inside the residence" with NO AUDIBLE GUNSHOT SOUND on the recording. PERIOD> So where are you guys getting this "single gunshot" sound from?????? probably some EDITed news from KTLA or something. NOT on the actual recording from that day. Fran said to post News and Keep away from politics.OK ,So listen to the ACTUAL RECORDING ,you got to have about an hour.SO i can understand why so many have not got the patience .here it is listen yourself: https://archive.org/details/DornerStandoff2

@country girl,the BLACKOUT on twitter was a real tyrannical move on LE's part. Made no sense ,Dorner had no access to the internet.At ALL. .Suppose he did, Are we suppose to believe Dorner turned himself into an octopus and could shoot and "Text" @ the same time.another highly unbelievable "TALE" spun by LE.

why aren't you guys listening the ACTUAL Police scanner recording to pick apart the illogical statements said by yourselves and the MSM. @ 30:00 a voice comes on and Says "it sounded like one gunshot from inside the residence" with NO AUDIBLE GUNSHOT SOUND on the recording. PERIOD> So where are you guys getting this "single gunshot" sound from?????? probably some EDITed news from KTLA or something. NOT on the actual recording from that day. Fran said to post News and Keep away from politics.OK ,So listen to the ACTUAL RECORDING ,you got to have about an hour.SO i can understand why so many have not got the patience .here it is listen yourself: https://archive.org/details/DornerStandoff2

Well, it was transcribed from the scanner on ROTW as it was happening, on 2/12/13 4:23pm.

Sound like one shot fired from inside the residence.

All primary units stand by; maintain your discipline.

The 1-2 corner fully engulfed.

http://forums.rimoftheworld.net/showthread.php?12312-Car-Jacking-Big-Bear/page8

Meant to add -- just because the scanner feed didn't have the actual sound doesn't mean it was fabricated by LE. SMH!!

Are you saying LE should not have to do their job because some are protesting the way this case was handled?

I think you misread my post. I SAID the next time these people run into problems, that they should call one another for help and not the LAPD. I didn't say one word about LAPD doing their job, I said THESE PEOPLE should call each other when they need help. Read it again.

From your link:

30:56 Control, 61 Lincoln, sounds like one shot fired from inside the residence.
31:00 Copy: One shot fired from inside the residence. Confirm you still want fire to roll in?

I am not a big fan of the LAPD just because I recall how they handled the LA riots (i.e. stay the heck out of the riot zones, let the citizens protect themselves).

Having said that Chris Rock had some VERY wise words regarding how to avoid police brutality. Warning: video has adult language but is mainstream youtube. Always makes me laugh:

Chris Rock - How not to get your *advertiser censored* kicked by the police! - YouTube

:floorlaugh: It's all common sense.

@ Country girl , right just WORDS from LE ,without actual "Gunshot sound " big difference

Seriously? Are you not aware that in order to hear the "shot" someone would have to have an open mike at the time in order to hear it? The scanner audio only has converstation when someone keys their mike to talk.

Why do you think there is silence on the recording throughout?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back