CA - Conrad, 13, & Ricky Morales, 11, beaten to death, Sacramento, Aug & Dec 2005

concernedperson said:
It makes me so angry that I could spit. To think that any other child is so disregarded. I need a restraining order on me right now.I don't know what I will do but it isn't sitting silenced. I am really pizzed off. This has set off something in me that I never knew was there.

LOL, CP- I'll buy a bag of oranges and we'll sneak you into the jail. They say if you use the bag as a weapon, it doesn't leave much bruising, and so they will find it hard to prove they were beaten (old prison tale I have heard).

Seriously, you can do like the rest of us. You can take a defense class, you can encourage all females you know to take the class, you can monitor your area's SO websites and encourage all parents you know to do the same. You can write gov officials demanding stronger laws a DNA database and longer sentences. You can organize a neighborhood watch and safe house program for the neighborhood kids. And then if you have any spare time, you could volunteer at your local rape crisis center, domestic violence shelter, community center or even for mental health depts.
But killing the offenders is only half the job (and will get you in trouble too). We also need to educate, and teach prevention tatics.
Sadly there will always be abusers and offenders. In order to be successful, we have to make it hard for them to succeed.

mysteriew said:
LOL, CP- I'll buy a bag of oranges and we'll sneak you into the jail. They say if you use the bag as a weapon, it doesn't leave much bruising, and so they will find it hard to prove they were beaten (old prison tale I have heard).

Seriously, you can do like the rest of us. You can take a defense class, you can encourage all females you know to take the class, you can monitor your area's SO websites and encourage all parents you know to do the same. You can write gov officials demanding stronger laws a DNA database and longer sentences. You can organize a neighborhood watch and safe house program for the neighborhood kids. And then if you have any spare time, you could volunteer at your local rape crisis center, domestic violence shelter, community center or even for mental health depts.
But killing the offenders is only half the job (and will get you in trouble too). We also need to educate, and teach prevention tatics.
Sadly there will always be abusers and offenders. In order to be successful, we have to make it hard for them to succeed.

Trust me I make it tough.

Okay, I have to ask. I'm disturbed by the bag of oranges thing.

About 10 years ago I watched a really hideous movie. It wasn't Pulp Fiction. But maybe it was. I'm trying to think.

It had to do with torture with oranges. Some man tortured this woman with oranges, and he said she'd never "*advertiser censored* right" again. It was like a gangland mafia thing. Really, really awful. Disturbed. I don't know. He tortured her and then she emerged from the torture room and took a shower and complimented him on how tall he looked in his suit. My stomach hurts retelling it, it was yucky.

So what's the orange thing. I don't think I want to know, actually.

mysteriew said:

I don't want to come off as a complete idiot, but what is a SO website? Sorry, I just can't figure it out. I think it's because it's too late and my brain won't work anymore.
Great ideas, by the way!

GreenEyedGirl said:
I don't want to come off as a complete idiot, but what is a SO website? Sorry, I just can't figure it out. I think it's because it's too late and my brain won't work anymore.
Great ideas, by the way!
SO....Sex Offender

KatherineQ said:
Okay, I have to ask. I'm disturbed by the bag of oranges thing.
LOL, I am not that bad. I was actually referring to the fact that I heard that you could beat a person with a bag of oranges- and it would leave very little bruising on the exterior. I don't know if that is true, or not. Saw it in some movie or something.
I had never heard of that one. Though maybe for Duncan.......nah, he would probably enjoy it. So would Rader. Dang I will think of someone though!

:D Sorry GEG. A lot of times we kind of set up our own shorthand, don't ever be afraid to ask if you can't figure it out.
TG, thanks for explaining for me.

concernedperson said:
This is just horrible. Bless his sweet little heart. I know that is a southern thing to say...but it is sincere. I hate these crimes against children. I want to protect each and every one of them. I know I could do a better job than these relatives.So many lost to such F..kups.

I cant help but have some anger at the neighbors. They said they saw bruises on this little boy's arms but never mentioned it. Why oh why do some people just shut their eyes to what they see? If it was common to see this they had to think something was wrong and especially they said he was a very sad child. Yes, bless his little heart, I am sure he WAS sad that no one loved him but just used him as a damned punching bag. :furious:

God I am so sick of hearing about these cases. So many of our children are living with monsters :mad: the very ones that are supposed to protect them from harm are the predators these children fear.

IMO

Ocean

I can't help but think about Shasta. In this case, the neighbors and reporters talked about the strong odor at the house (body decomposing). LE seemed to have found the second child's body right away. I am just so afraind this little guy knew about his brother, knew where he was, and knew what the odor was.

I have a question. Do they think there are others? The hazmat unit was called out, and it was reported that they were digging up the concrete driveway. Soon after LE (law enforcement) returned to the house for a search they knew about the second body, so it must not have been hidden well. I thought with the strong odor that probably it would be maybe in a container or something.
So with the digging and Hazmat unit was seen to carry out some green tubs.
Was that the brother or are there more?

mysteriew said:
I can't help but think about Shasta. In this case, the neighbors and reporters talked about the strong odor at the house (body decomposing). LE seemed to have found the second child's body right away. I am just so afraind this little guy knew about his brother, knew where he was, and knew what the odor was.

I have a question. Do they think there are others? The hazmat unit was called out, and it was reported that they were digging up the concrete driveway. Soon after LE (law enforcement) returned to the house for a search they knew about the second body, so it must not have been hidden well. I thought with the strong odor that probably it would be maybe in a container or something.
I really only know they said they found remains in the carport, so maybe he wasn't intact and they found areas that looked fresh where other remains were.........just guessing here!

mysteriew said:
I can't help but think about Shasta. In this case, the neighbors and reporters talked about the strong odor at the house (body decomposing). LE seemed to have found the second child's body right away. I am just so afraid this little guy knew about his brother, knew where he was, and knew what the odor was.

I wonder if they were keeping other kids? Good grief I hope not. No telling who will be found there. I do believe though by finding the second body LE would take no chances that there may be others there as well. I think they will completely dismantle that place making sure there are only two bodies there. Makes me wonder if they were being paid by the state to care for these two kids.

Bless these two little boys, they never had a chance.

IMO

Ocean

oceanblueeyes said:
Makes me wonder if they were being paid by the state to care for these two kids.

Probably, the mother was in prison- I don't know if they ever found the father. So, yes they were probably recieving assistance.
What I don't get is that prosecutor's are saying he deliberately was trying to murder the child. He had already killed one before that. Then when he kills the second child, he calls LE and says come and get me.
Weird. Whey didn't he call before he killed the first child? Why not after he killed the first child? Why did he wait until he succeeded in killing the second child, then give up?
I don't understand people! :banghead:

Detectives suspect that a second body found in the carport of their duplex was the boy's missing 13-year-old brother, officials said. Relatives Wednesday identified the brother as Conrad Morales.

On Oct. 8, Cathy Sarinana had reported a 13-year-old runaway child to the Lewis County, Wash., Sheriff's Department, officials said. She was living in a Winlock, Wash., trailer park at the time.

Police have requested dental records for the older boy, whom officials did not identify, and two Corona police investigators flew to Washington on Wednesday afternoon to continue their investigation.

Raul Sarinana had been taking care of the two boys for his older sister, Rosa Morales, after she was sent to prison, according to a relative from El Monte and police officials.

"They were good little boys who just wanted attention," said the relative, who asked not to be identified because she said she feared retaliation from other family members. "We're in shock. We're trying to put it all together."

The relative, who took care of the boys for almost a year, said they had been bouncing from relative to relative for at least five years. Morales also has two older daughters, who are being cared for by other relatives, she said.

The sisters were among about a dozen weeping relatives and friends of the boys who gathered at the La Puente home of another of the boys' aunts late Wednesday, but were too emotional to speak. The family had set up a memorial to the boys consisting of candles and photographs depicting Conrad and Ricky as babies, and as young children in Halloween costumes.

The boys had grown up in La Puente and West Covina, relatives said.

Rosa's sister Bertha Cevallos, 43, said Conrad had gone to live with the Sarinanas about a year and a half ago, and Ricky joined him about six months later. Their mother, Cevallos said, was concerned about them living in Southern California through their rebellious teenage years and thought they would be less likely to get into trouble in Washington state.

Raul Sarinana and his wife sent back reports saying the boys were doing well in school and were involved in numerous activities, the family said.

Some family members worried that Conrad and Ricky seemed unhappy, and that their phone calls had a rote, practiced tone as if they were reading from a script. But they chalked this up to shyness, and did not suspect they were in danger, said Martin Cevallos, 22, of Downey, cousin to Conrad and Ricky.

He said he knew Raul Sarinana from childhood, and called him a favorite uncle. "The thought never crossed my mind that he would hurt them."

Once, a sister had requested that police make a welfare check on the boys in Washington, but never heard back, he said. The last time any of the relatives talked to Ricky was on Christmas, they said, when he told them that he missed his mother and wanted to come home.

On Wednesday, the couple's arraignment was postponed to Jan. 5 at a hearing in Riverside County Superior Court that lasted less than a minute. The pair are being held without bail at Robert Presley Detention Center in Riverside.

Charges have not been filed in connection with the second body; officials said the death may have occurred in Washington. The child protection agency in Lewis County confirmed that it had been asked to assist the investigation.

The cause of Ricky Morales' death might be determined by an autopsy to be performed today; the second boy's autopsy is scheduled Friday.

A relative tipped off police later that day that there had been another boy living with the Sarinanas, said Corona police Sgt. Jerry Rodriguez. Police contacted the Lewis County Sheriff's Department on Tuesday and returned to the residential neighborhood to search again.

Using X-ray equipment, they discovered the second boy's remains in the carport. Neighbors said they saw teams break concrete with jackhammers and roll out several green metal barrels.
http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla-bodies,0,3874080.story?coll=ktla-news-1

oceanblueeyes said:
I wonder if they were keeping other kids? Good grief I hope not. No telling who will be found there. I do believe though by finding the second body LE would take no chances that there may be others there as well. I think they will completely dismantle that place making sure there are only two bodies there. Makes me wonder if they were being paid by the state to care for these two kids.

Bless these two little boys, they never had a chance.

IMO

Ocean
Okay educated in this...a lot of times when children are detained by CPS or a parent "goes away" a relative can petition for a Kinship Guardianship. Here in California, they can recieve welfare benefits and food stamp benefits, even medi-cal for themsleves and the children. I wouldn't put it past these people to have killed the kids to keep collecting the financial aid. Sick bastards:banghead:

Raul Sarinana, 38, also known as Ruben Osvaldo Parra, also stands accused of torturing Ricky before killing him. Cathy Sarinana, 28, was also charged with child endangerment. No charges have been filed in the case of the second child's death.

The family moved into the Belle Avenue home in mid-October, according to neighbors. The police do not have records that show the children attended school locally.

Autopsies have been scheduled for today and Friday.

On Wednesday, police spoke with the mother, who lives in La Puente and is Raul Sarinana's sister.

Officers are still trying to locate the children's father.

One or both of the brothers went to live with the aunt and uncle in the later half of 2004 while their mother was incarcerated, according to Rodriguez.

Raul Sarinana is on probation for a 2000 arrest for possessing narcotics and using or being under the influence of a controlled substance in Los Angeles County, according to court records.
http://www.krem.com/news/northwest/stories/NW_122905riversidemurdDS.25d4c6c9.html
Pictures of both Sarinaana's at link

A Corona couple charged with murdering their nephew this week left a rural town in Washington state in October within days of reporting the boy's older brother missing, police said Thursday.

On Oct. 8, Cathy Sarinana reported Conrad missing to the local Sheriff's Department. But a few days later, sheriff's deputies noticed the family had moved, said Lewis County Sheriff's Chief Joe Doench.

"We responded to an unrelated call near their home and they were gone," Doench said.

The family moved to California between Oct. 9 and 12, he said.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/i...,1,7843801.story?coll=la-editions-inland-news

Like most boys his age, 11-year-old Ricky Morales loved video games and cracking up while watching his favorite cartoons.
And his brother, Conrad, 13, was like most teenagers -- he was quiet, but yearned to fit in with his friends.

The two boys grew up in the San Gabriel Valley, but now leave behind sobbing relatives wondering how two loving kids could die in such a horrific way.

"They were good kids," their aunt Bertha Cevallos said Thursday from the driveway of her La Puente home where a memorial full of pictures, flowers, balloons and stuffed animals is erected.

Police believe Ricky was beaten to death by his uncle, Raul Ricardo Sarinana, on Monday at his Corona duplex, where they also found a second body. Family members believe the second body is Conrad's.

Conrad was reported missing on Oct. 8. Cevallos said Ricky was trained to tell his relatives over the phone that Conrad couldn't come to the phone because he was being punished or was out.

"We believed him because they said he ran away, that he was being with someone there and he was being rebellious," Cevallos said. "We never imagined it wasn't true."
http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_3355547

The deaths of two boys whose bodies were found at a house in a quiet Corona neighborhood last week highlight the dilemma neighbors and others face in knowing when to report suspicions of child abuse.

Never hesitate to call when it comes to a child's life, said Detective Roberto Lomeli of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department's Crimes Against Children Detail. "Make the phone call, and if you're wrong, at least you're erring on the side of the child," he said.

But according to Riverside County spokesman Ray Smith, no one ever reported suspected abuse to the county's Child Protective Services Department.

Police officers, teachers, firefighters and doctors are legally required to report any suspected crimes against children, but the public also needs to get involved, experts said.

The bottom line is that the report should be made even at the risk of intruding on a family's privacy, said Peter Pollard, public education director of Stop It Now!, a nonprofit group focusing on child-sexual-abuse prevention, based in Northampton, Mass.

Most states will accept anonymous reports, but authorities generally consider reports with names more credible, he said.

It's also better to report suspicions to authorities or child-services agencies rather than confront the adult directly, Pollard said.

California law requires that a reporting party is not disclosed, said Tom Klinedinst, regional manager for Riverside County Child Protective Services.

"Even though the person does tell us their name and number, they're not required to do so. That information is never disclosed," he said.

Those who fear getting involved must know they have an obligation, he said.
http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_S_abuse01.2e2067a.html

Parents tried to do best for their boys
Murdered sons lived with relatives for lack of permanent home
By Christina L. Esparza, Staff Writer
LA PUENTE - Although Conrad and Ricky Morales' short lives were filled with uncertainty and constant change, their parents said Friday they never thought they'd have to weep over their deaths.

Conrad, 13, and Ricky, 11, lived most of their lives in the San Gabriel Valley until they moved to the Washington state home of their uncle Raul Ricardo Sarinana, who was charged Wednesday in Ricky's death with the special circumstance of torture. Murder and child endangerment charges were also filed against Sarinana's wife, Cathy. Conrad was reported missing in Washington on Oct. 8, and a second body found in the Sarinana's Corona home is thought to be his. Corona police Officer Jesse Jurado, however, said the body still has not been positively identified.
http://www.dailybulletin.com/search/ci_3358507

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back