Found Safe CA - Crystal Chappell, 40, San Diego, 30 July 2017

Interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=1]Husband: Missing San Diego woman found in Tijuana[/h]
SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - A woman reported missing this week after she didn't arrive to pick up her kids from church has reportedly been found in Mexico.

Jonathan Chappell told 10News Tijuana authorities said they found his wife, 40-year-old Crystal Chappell, after a family there recognized her.

San Diego authorities have yet to confirm Crystal was found in Mexico.
http://www.10news.com/news/husband-missing-san-diego-woman-found-in-tijuana

Sounds like a lot on crystal's plate hopefully she's just taking a break.

[video=twitter;892863358340403201]https://twitter.com/nbcsandiego/status/892863358340403201[/video]

Found safe in Mexico......
As expected. Like everyone else, I'm also just glad she's ok.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's nice to have a happy ending. I hope things work out for this family.

I didn't see any tears.

But I also noticed the kids goofing off and pushing each other in the video when they're walking out of the church strategy meeting. So the family may be somewhat different in their general demeanor.

The LDS church is usually great at helping their own church members with various needs. I mean super great. Why were these people donating plasma weekly? I still find that horrible.
Along with their 19 year old son. Yes, he is an adult but...

He said he did not believe she would head into Mexico of her free will, since she doesn’t speak Spanish and needs oxygen treatments to aid her sleep apnea breathing difficulties.

“If it wasn’t for the news, she wouldn’t have been found,” he said.

Chappell expressed anger that investigators would not give him details about Crystal’s condition and would not tell him where she was being taken for a medical evaluation, because of medical privacy laws. He said he was told that once Crystal is taken to the border, it will be up to her to call him.

“My daughter is so thrilled, my son is so thrilled, they’re asking when can we go see her, and I have to tell them we can’t, we have to wait for a phone call that might not come,” Chappell said.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/sd-me-chappell-found-20170802-story.html

WoW! This story is full of sadness with and happy-she's-alive-but-we-may-never-see-her-again ending. Really heartbreaking for all. Poor lady.

Missing San Diego woman found safe in Tijuana

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/sd-me-chappell-found-20170802-story.html

She was sitting on a sidewalk, alone, when some passers-by recognized her from a missing person’s flier and called local authorities.
She did not request any help from police, officials said. Callers helped direct Mexican authorities to the woman.

Authorities will evaluate Chappel's medical condition and assist in transporting her to the U.S. border.

WoW! This story is full of sadness with and happy-she's-alive-but-we-may-never-see-her-again ending. Really heartbreaking for all. Poor lady.

Agree. She probably felt overwhelmed. Ongoing severe financial problems can sometimes feel like the floor beneath your feet will give way, like you'll never get out of it, it will never get better. I think she'll go back to her family eventually. I think these are good people who are going through a very hard time in their life. I hope they get some financial relief. Wish them all the best!

Woman went to Mexico willingly: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/sd-me-chappell-home-20170803-story.html

Crystal Chappell’s husband disputes that, saying she told him she doesn’t remember what happened to her after she started to drive away from a plasma donation center in the Midway District.

Jonathan Chappell believes his wife was carjacked and kidnapped, forced to drive south across the border, then left along the road.

“The only thing my wife could think of was to get home to our children,” Chappell said Thursday. He said they are looking forward to celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary on Friday, but he first wants to buy her a new wedding ring because she lost hers.

"Lt. Mike Holden, who oversees homicide, kidnapping and robbery investigators, said detectives interviewed Crystal Wednesday evening at a Chula Vista hospital, where she underwent a medical evaluation. He said she was not the victim of a crime.

“It was her decision to drive to Mexico,” he said, adding that he would respect her privacy by not repeating the reason she gave to investigators."

Oh wow. I do hope the investigators are sure she is in a safe environment.There sure seems to be much more to this story.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/sd-me-chappell-home-20170803-story.html

Woman went to Mexico willingly: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/sd-me-chappell-home-20170803-story.html

Crystal Chappell’s husband disputes that, saying she told him she doesn’t remember what happened to her after she started to drive away from a plasma donation center in the Midway District.

Jonathan Chappell believes his wife was carjacked and kidnapped, forced to drive south across the border, then left along the road.

“The only thing my wife could think of was to get home to our children,” Chappell said Thursday. He said they are looking forward to celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary on Friday, but he first wants to buy her a new wedding ring because she lost hers.

So they spoke (or met already) it seems. It is an odd story. She loses her wedding ring, he wants to buy a new one ... I think they might have had a fight and she took off. jmo

bbm Was the car not found with her?

He said he did not believe she would head into Mexico of her free will, since she doesn’t speak Spanish and needs oxygen treatments to aid her sleep apnea breathing difficulties.

“If it wasn’t for the news, she wouldn’t have been found,” he said.

Chappell expressed anger that investigators would not give him details about Crystal’s condition and would not tell him where she was being taken for a medical evaluation, because of medical privacy laws. He said he was told that once Crystal is taken to the border, it will be up to her to call him.

“My daughter is so thrilled, my son is so thrilled, they’re asking when can we go see her, and I have to tell them we can’t, we have to wait for a phone call that might not come,” Chappell said.

"Lt. Mike Holden, who oversees homicide, kidnapping and robbery investigators, said detectives interviewed Crystal Wednesday evening at a Chula Vista hospital, where she underwent a medical evaluation. He said she was not the victim of a crime.

“It was her decision to drive to Mexico,” he said, adding that he would respect her privacy by not repeating the reason she gave to investigators."

Oh wow. I do hope the investigators are sure she is in a safe environment.There sure seems to be much more to this story.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/sd-me-chappell-home-20170803-story.html

RBBM

If the husband was not told details about her medical condition, that would be because Crystal herself did not want those shared with him. Anytime you enter the hospital, you are given forms to sign first up, stating with whom that medical info can be shared. You must write your spouse's name down (or any other person, such as your family doctor) for your info to be shared, for each event, each admission. So I believe it can be safely assumed she did not want that info shared with him.

I find the husband's behavior strange (and strangely irritable), personally. IMO he offers more far more information or description than necessary - eg. "our happy home"..."she lost hers" [re the new wedding ring he wants to buy her though they are living on plasma donations] ..."the only thing my wife could think of was to get home to her children"...etc. Some of which appears to be contrary to what the situation would suggest (along with reported facts, such as her sitting on a sidewalk but not trying to contact police.) JMO, but to me this behavior comes across as somewhat manipulative and controlling.

(I also get a Papini vibe from this incident.)

RBBM

If the husband was not told details about her medical condition, that would be because Crystal herself did not want those shared with him. Anytime you enter the hospital, you are given forms to sign first up, stating with whom that medical info can be shared with. You must write your spouse's name down (or any other person, such as your family doctor) for your info to be shared, for each event, each admission. So I believe it can be safely assumed she did not want that info shared with him.

I find the husband's behavior strange (and strangely irritable), personally. IMO he offers more far more information or description than necessary - eg. "our happy home"..."she lost hers" [re the new wedding ring he wants to buy her though they are living on plasma donations] ..."the only thing my wife could think of was to get home to her children"...etc. Some of which appears to be contrary to what the situation would suggest (along with reported facts, such as her sitting on a sidewalk but not trying to contact police.) JMO, but to me this behavior comes across as somewhat manipulative and controlling.

(I also get a Papini vibe from this incident.)

I agree 100%! I expected a page next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way she walked from near Rosarito Beach to Tijuana...12 miles. Not with oxygen issues and at a weight that would make her mobility a problem. She would have been noticed and picked up before getting far. Sorry...either she's telling him a different story from what she told LE or he's making stuff up. JMO

She told Chappell that she recalled only seeing some flash of bright light after leaving the plasma center, and the next thing she knew she was on foot along a highway toward Rosarito Beach. He said she walked to Tijuana — the cities are about 12 miles apart — and someone notified local authorities after recognizing her from a missing person’s flier.

No way she walked from near Rosarito Beach to Tijuana...12 miles. Not with oxygen issues and at a weight that would make her mobility a problem. She would have been noticed and picked up before getting far. Sorry...either she's telling him a different story from what she told LE or he's making stuff up. JMO

She told Chappell that she recalled only seeing some flash of bright light after leaving the plasma center, and the next thing she knew she was on foot along a highway toward Rosarito Beach. He said she walked to Tijuana — the cities are about 12 miles apart — and someone notified local authorities after recognizing her from a missing person’s flier.

This is sounding more and more far-fetched.

(Wouldn't her crossing the border on foot show up on surveillance video?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back