Found Safe CA - Crystal Chappell, 40, San Diego, 30 July 2017

From Lilibet's link:

"When police notified him Wednesday afternoon that she had been found in Tijuana, he picked up her up the hospital later that night."
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/sd-me-chappell-home-20170803-story.html

So...between hearing the news Wednesday afternoon that his wife's been found and picking her up from the hospital that Wednesday night, he's talking to reporters complaining angrily about not being told her condition or what hospital she's at? Sounds like he got that phone call within hours of expressing his frustration to reporters.

And where is the car? Did she still have her phone?

Hope this isn't a repeat showing new for me. I did fall asleep after dinner and attempted to read all.

Chappell's husband, Jonathan, says his wife is safe in their Oak Park apartment. She returned home, following a medical evaluation. He says she remembers very little and remains in a fog.

"All she could tell me is leaving the plasma center and trying to get on the 8 and then a bright flash and next thing you know she's walking down to the highway and she sees a sign that says Rosarita all she could think of was getting home," he said.

"I don't know how far it is from Rosarita to Tijuana, but she walked the entire distance. When I got her out of the hospital her clothes were torn. She said, 'I'm sorry, I just saw a flash--I don't have my ring'," he said.

Crystal was located Wednesday afternoon three days after her husband said she was last seen.
He says she is shaken up and not acting like herself.

Jonathan says their 20th wedding anniversary is Friday and he's looking forward to celebrating it with his wife, now that she's home.

San Diego police confirm that Crystal was medically evaluated and taken to the border to return to the U.S.

Jonathan says they got home around 11 p.m. Wednesday night and, despite the mystery, the family is relieved.

http://www.thecwsandiego.com/story/36050856/missing-san-diego-woman-found-and-reunited-with-family

Hope this isn't a repeat showing new for me. I did fall asleep after dinner and attempted to read all.

Chappell's husband, Jonathan, says his wife is safe in their Oak Park apartment. She returned home, following a medical evaluation. He says she remembers very little and remains in a fog.

"All she could tell me is leaving the plasma center and trying to get on the 8 and then a bright flash and next thing you know she's walking down to the highway and she sees a sign that says Rosarita all she could think of was getting home," he said.

"I don't know how far it is from Rosarita to Tijuana, but she walked the entire distance. When I got her out of the hospital her clothes were torn. She said, 'I'm sorry, I just saw a flash--I don't have my ring'," he said.

Crystal was located Wednesday afternoon three days after her husband said she was last seen.
He says she is shaken up and not acting like herself.

Jonathan says their 20th wedding anniversary is Friday and he's looking forward to celebrating it with his wife, now that she's home.

San Diego police confirm that Crystal was medically evaluated and taken to the border to return to the U.S.

Jonathan says they got home around 11 p.m. Wednesday night and, despite the mystery, the family is relieved.

http://www.thecwsandiego.com/story/36050856/missing-san-diego-woman-found-and-reunited-with-family

BBM

Bingo. Quoting her as telling him that night she "didn't have" her ring...when he mentioned in earlier interview prior to talking to her that he wanted to buy her one as she "lost hers."

This is sounding more and more far-fetched.

(Wouldn't her crossing the border on foot show up on surveillance video?)

Do we know if her car has been found? Could she have driven across the border and "sold" the car?

Do we know if her car has been found? Could she have driven across the border and "sold" the car?

Not according to what husband says she told him - scroll up (post 43):

ETA: but yeah, possibly she did

RBBM

If the husband was not told details about her medical condition, that would be because Crystal herself did not want those shared with him. Anytime you enter the hospital, you are given forms to sign first up, stating with whom that medical info can be shared. You must write your spouse's name down (or any other person, such as your family doctor) for your info to be shared, for each event, each admission. So I believe it can be safely assumed she did not want that info shared with him.

I find the husband's behavior strange (and strangely irritable), personally. IMO he offers more far more information or description than necessary - eg. "our happy home"..."she lost hers" [re the new wedding ring he wants to buy her though they are living on plasma donations] ..."the only thing my wife could think of was to get home to her children"...etc. Some of which appears to be contrary to what the situation would suggest (along with reported facts, such as her sitting on a sidewalk but not trying to contact police.) JMO, but to me this behavior comes across as somewhat manipulative and controlling.

(I also get a Papini vibe from this incident.)[/

I'm getting a controlling vibe from the husband and sometimes people with control issue have things to hide and/or protect from the world. I hope the wife and children are safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered: did she have her passport with her?

Wow this is getting really weird and confusing. I don't know what to make of it anymore.

So she saw a flash of light and then she was in Mexico and the car and the ring were gone?

Was she robbed? Did she sell them?

Are police looking for the car?

She could be making things up because she intended to leave her family but then changed her mind and now she doesn't want them to feel hurt if they know the truth.

Headscratcher.

RBBM

If the husband was not told details about her medical condition, that would be because Crystal herself did not want those shared with him. Anytime you enter the hospital, you are given forms to sign first up, stating with whom that medical info can be shared. You must write your spouse's name down (or any other person, such as your family doctor) for your info to be shared, for each event, each admission. So I believe it can be safely assumed she did not want that info shared with him.

I find the husband's behavior strange (and strangely irritable), personally. IMO he offers more far more information or description than necessary - eg. "our happy home"..."she lost hers" [re the new wedding ring he wants to buy her though they are living on plasma donations] ..."the only thing my wife could think of was to get home to her children"...etc. Some of which appears to be contrary to what the situation would suggest (along with reported facts, such as her sitting on a sidewalk but not trying to contact police.) JMO, but to me this behavior comes across as somewhat manipulative and controlling.

(I also get a Papini vibe from this incident.)[/

I'm getting a controlling vibe from the husband and sometimes people with control issue have things to hide and/or protect from the world. I hope the wife and children are safe.

I also thought and agree with the amount of detailed information and suggestive info of what must have happened was just off to me. Possibly this is the husband's normal.

Adding to that saying the children at 12 and 13 asking where's mommy? At that age I would think they would say Mom. Maybe, they did say Mom and he used the word Mommy instead?
Imho and [emoji230]

im wondering if she has substance abuse in her past, and was so stressed out she went down there and sold her ring for money for temporary relief of her stress?

im wondering if she has substance abuse in her past, and was so stressed out she went down there and sold her ring for money for temporary relief of her stress?

I'm still wondering if her car has been found. She could have sold that too.

Someone a ways back askrd about a passport. I am assuming from this flyer and reference to processing through immigrations she didnt have a passport.
Also, I guess you can walk into Mexico without a passport.

Hopefully the print is readable.
9c8a6cd753ce107d1ccb5e99e673d68c.jpg
0b98002d2ee4298f72908fb6a048ef9b.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member