CA CA - Dena McHan, 18, Stockton, 6 December 1981

I dont know if the Speed freak killers can be ruled out on anyone missing from 1980 till they were arrested.

Loren Herzog was a big man, over 6' and 200 pounds. These two were so dimented that yes I could see them killing when they were 15 or 16 years old. They felt they could do anything and get away with it. Take Michaela gareght as an example. If Herzog is the one that took her, he did it in broad daylight, 10am in front of witnesses. These two were brazen killers by the time Chevy Wheeler went missing..........I dont think she was their first!
Just read about Leonard lake and Charles ng who were serial killers in California in early 80s, they have connected them to a number of victims, but say as many as 25 victims possible based on the amount of bone pieces found on the property... I wonder if she or other missing people were victims of these two?

Idk that cabin was far east from as drive coming from Sac to Stockton. I think the Same for the SFK.

If you believe him Roger Kibbe was "Dormant" from 1977-1986. I think Dena fits his victim profile and he operated mostly out of Sacramento. Could have been responsible for Peggy and Nina too.

The fact that her vehicle has vanished with her leaves open the possibility that she ran off the road into a body of water. There are no bodies of water along the obvious route between Lodi, where she was last seen, and her home, that seem large enough to conceal a vehicle. There has been a lot of development since then and perhaps at the time there was such a body of water. There is, of course, the possibility that the Lodi sighting was incorrect. There are waterways she would have encountered between Sacramento and Lodi. Then, there is the possibility that she did not go directly home or she somehow got lost and encountered some hazard.

I do not know the protocol for handling a wrecked car that is encountered during dredging or construction. Presumably law enforcement would check out recent wreckage but any wreckage that had been there a while would be treated as any other debris; unless, of course, human remains are noticed.

It is equally possible that she was abducted and murdered and the car was dumped somewhere it was not found or not found until it had decayed to the point it was not referred to law enforcement.

It could be that that Dena’s Toyota was found years later during some development related activity and disposed of in some landfill along with all other debris.

For whatever it is worth, on 9/26/80, another young woman, Gail Skelton, disappeared along with her vehicle, under similar circumstances just a few miles to the east of where Dena lived. She left a bar after an unknown male had been “ bothering” her and was never seen again. Her route home went along a large waterway so the possibility that she ran off the road into it was always suspected, but neither her car or body has been found. Gail Deann Skelton – The Charley Project

Besides the “speed freak killers” there were other known and unknown predators operating in the area at the time but none are know to dispose of the victim’s auto as part of their MO.

I'd more believe Gail drove off the road returning home from the bar she was last seen. Lots of area's to pull of the road into the wrong area or perhaps the delta itself. With the lack or reports on which gas station, who the witness was or even what time she arrived at that location, I am not convinced she even made it that far.

Dena's NamUs profile hasn't been modified since 4/1/20, she has 17 UID's ruled out.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

UP7138 12/18/1981 Riverside CA
UP8419 01/16/2001 Isle of Wight VA
UP15630 07/03/1984 Cuyahoga OH
UP7690 09/11/2005 Orange CA
UP9864 02/14/1982 Coconino AZ
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA
UP9978 10/13/2010 Pierce WA
UP9978 10/13/2010 Pierce WA
UP6796 11/18/1985 Alleghany VA
UP6303 01/26/1997 WarrenVA
UP6642 08/07/1986 Chesterfield VA
UP662902/03/1991 Frederick VA
UP6665 05/14/2007 Petersburg VA
UP10647 06/07/2006 San Mateo CA
UP9938 01/11/1987 San Mateo CA
UP6150 11/07/1998 Stafford VA
UP7448 05/25/1996 Yolo CA

From what I can gather from what I have read. They did not start their killing till they graduated High school in 1986. But right now with what they are finding who know.
They are likely involved in Ruth Leamon’s case who disappeared about a year after Dena
This case got me thinking. The speed freak killers were about 15 or 16 when she went missing. That would in most cases rule them out, but she looks a lot like Chevelle Wheeler, who most thought was their first victim. But how do two teenage boys come to murder so young? I started to wonder if they had a mentor. Someone who may have exposed them to this lifestyle? Because there are a hell of a lot missing person cases in this region of California starting around 1980. I wonder if law enforcement has ever looked into this? If you look at it from that angle, and then look at how the Sheriff has gone out of his way to make sure investigations are not done, it smells of something bigger and more evil. Whatever it is, both Herzog and Shermantine are too scared to expose it. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Dena Viola McHan, age 18, Missing since 7 June 1981
Location Last Seen: Stockton, San Joaquin County, California.

A yellow 1974 Toyota Corolla similar to the last one Dena was driving.

LINK:

The information that she stopped at a market or gas station and two men were seen bothering her is not a fact it came from a psychic reading her father had done. After that the father told of the reading in the local newspaper ...hence people took it as fact. I have both the newspaper and the transcript and tape of the reading. Not saying the psychic is wrong, just saying it is not a fact.

Hello,
I see that you are very familiar with this case.
No evidence of her stopping in Lodi as it was a psychic reading.
Did she call her sister that night and where did she call from?

If there is no verified sighting in Lodi then the last sighting would have been in Sacramento and she could have vanished anywhere between her starting point, near Sac State and her home in the Stonewood neighborhood of Stockton. It is also possible that she took I-5 rather than 99. Whatever route she took, there would have been bodies of water she would have encountered that would have been large enough for a vehicle to be lost. This greatly increases the likelihood that she ran off the road rather than was murdered by a predator. Still, the issue is not resolved.

If anyone has access to Satellite photos of the area in 1981, a particularly hazardous spot along any possible route might be identified. The terrain has been altered quite a bit since then so Google Earth would not be much use.

From what I can tell she was said to have left her friend's apartment near Sac State between 2:00 and 3:00 pm but she was reported to have called and spoke to her sister at 11:30 pm. (There were no cellphones at the time so it must have been from a pay phone but did the sister know where?). Sacramento and Stockton are only 50 miles apart and about an hour drive. What did she do after she left or is the information just wrong?

I-5 crosses over the The Mokelumne River just North of Thornton, CA.
Hwy. 99 crosses the Cosumnes River in Elk Grove, CA.
She left Sacramento at 2 to 3am. What was the call to her sister Allison about at 11:30pm?
Agreed kemo, she may have not made it any further than Sacramento.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back