CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #3

You could contact a Mod and get verified.....:floorlaugh:
!!!!!!
A little levity is good - its not like all of us are texting about our Lattes - we do meaningful issues - ! And it is a bright group!

Ty, HMS. I wondered if that was possible. ER came across to some as very charismatic, which would fit with his manipulation that read through out the manifesto, IMO.

He seemed to know what to say and what to do when he didn't want his plans thwarted. The mere fact that he seemingly charmed seven LE officers the night they were called, speaks of his determination to not be okay. There were many chances where he could have put a stop and yelled out for help.

JMO & :twocents:
Every report we have heard, and more and more are coming, described him as iaolated, peculiar, shy, withdrawn,odd - all classic autisim charactertics - there was nothing manipulative about him at all - in fact they are quite concrete,simple in a way, nothing charming about them. In order to manipulate people you have to interact!

His encounter with LE was him - flat, groomed, etc .
Every person that has come forward has described :

Deficits in using communication for social purposes, such as greeting and sharing information, in a manner that is appropriate for the social context. 2. Impairment of the ability to change communication to match context or the needs of the listener, such as speaking differently in a classroom than on the playground, talking differently to a child than to an adult, and avoiding use of overly formal language.
3. Difficulties following rules for conversation and storytelling, such as taking turns in conversation, rephrasing when misunderstood, and knowing how to use verbal and nonverbal signals to regulate interaction.
4. Difficulties understanding what is not explicitly stated (e.g., making inferences) and nonliteral or ambiguous meanings of language (e.g.,

http://www.autismspeaks.org/what-autism/diagnosis/dsm-5-diagnostic-criteria

Ty, HMS. I wondered if that was possible. ER came across to some as very charismatic, which would fit with his manipulation that read through out the manifesto, IMO.

He seemed to know what to say and what to do when he didn't want his plans thwarted. The mere fact that he seemingly charmed seven LE officers the night they were called, speaks of his determination to not be okay. There were many chances where he could have put a stop and yelled out for help.

JMO & :twocents:
RE: seemingly charmed seven LE officers

IMO, he was just his flat normal self, when they are going out on calls like that they are expecting agitated threatening dangerous folks!

They are scary when agitated this is, IMO, is what they expected , stuff like at 1:18

Psychotic Break On My Street - YouTube

or at 0:40 in (notice how many it takes to complete the takedown) That is why they sent 6 folks out! And out comes ER polite, not agitated per reports by all involved on scene.

Thats not manipulative behavior, as noted in link below that is Autistic issues. He had solid vocab, does not have the IMO the social skills to be manipulative --that is the core of manipulative behavior, keen reading of others ..................IMO, nothing manipualtive about him at all- ever.(Luka was a skilled manipulator-very)imo

In all his videos he is flat reserved, "off" affectivily, disengaged and blunted. Even when announcing he is going to kill people it is flat, disaffected -no skills to manipulate IMO

Violent Patients - YouTube

I have been involved in takedowns - they are scary

Every report we have heard, and more and more are coming, described him as iaolated, peculiar, shy, withdrawn,odd - all classic autisim charactertics - there was nothing manipulative about him at all - in fact they are quite concrete,simple in a way, nothing charming about them. In order to manipulate people you have to interact!

His encounter with LE was him - flat, groomed, etc .
Every person that has come forward has described :

Deficits in using communication for social purposes, such as greeting and sharing information, in a manner that is appropriate for the social context. 2. Impairment of the ability to change communication to match context or the needs of the listener, such as speaking differently in a classroom than on the playground, talking differently to a child than to an adult, and avoiding use of overly formal language.
3. Difficulties following rules for conversation and storytelling, such as taking turns in conversation, rephrasing when misunderstood, and knowing how to use verbal and nonverbal signals to regulate interaction.
4. Difficulties understanding what is not explicitly stated (e.g., making inferences) and nonliteral or ambiguous meanings of language (e.g.,

http://www.autismspeaks.org/what-autism/diagnosis/dsm-5-diagnostic-criteria

Oh, I hear what you're saying, truly I do. However, I'll never believe ER's only malady was ASD. I caught his manipulation many times through out the manifesto.

He manipulated LE on the well-being call. IIRC their exact words were they found him shy, timid and polite. This is someone who already seems to have suffered their break -- with a plan to murder numerous people. He manipulated LE into believing everything was a-okay. This was not because he might have ASD. This was because he didn't want LE to stop him.

RE: seemingly charmed seven LE officers

IMO, he was just his flat normal self, when they are going out on calls like that they are expecting agitated threatening dangerous folks!

That is why they sent 6 folks out!

They are scary when agitated this is, IMO, is what they expected , stuff like at 1:18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wDPcXrzBXI

or at 0:40 in (notice how many how to come to complete the takedown):

Violent Patients - YouTube

. I have been involved in takedowns - they are scary

I'm all too aware what's involved when LE comes to a well-being check. Personally speaking.

NOOOOOooo!

Oh please say it ain't so!

:please:
OH god gotta go look this must stop E N O U G H

I am going to wait a few minutes just in amood as it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its out of control guys

I'm all too aware what's involved when LE comes to a well-being check. Personally speaking.

I am also very aware of what happens when LE shows up for a well-being check. I have also been on the receiving end of a take down. :blushing:

Bernina said:
Nymeria.......not blaming at all!
Just wondering if he (with either a mental disorder or whatever) could have picked up any of his behaviors/attitudes posed in his manifesto from that series.
You know me, not going to blame anyone but the murderer, unless there's strong, legitimate evidence to prove otherwise...........doncha know?

No, no Bernina, I didn't mean YOU were placing blame at all!
I was talking about the "talking heads" or certain groups you hear blaming Video Games, TV, etc.
I think even if ER had watched Sesame Street on a loop for his entire life he still would have turned into what he was (IMO, just born that way).

But you could be right about him picking up certain things :dunno:
As I said in the other thread, I did not really notice it but reading it again I might if I was looking for it.

And I yes, I know you are not one to toss blame on other things :loveyou:

I realize the article called it a "shooting spree" but only 1 person was killed other than the police. One teenager was shot in his car and the other two who were shot were police officers attempting to deal with the shooter. One died, one survived. Not a shooting "spree" by any stretch, imo.

How many dead before it qualifies as a spree? :( 3 people are dead, one of which is a police officer, at least one injured. The 17yo that was shot and killed in his car had just graduated. SMDH

I realize the article called it a "shooting spree" but only 1 person was killed other than the police. One teenager was shot in his car and the other two who were shot were police officers attempting to deal with the shooter. One died, one survived. Not a shooting "spree" by any stretch, imo.

Yeah, Just random shooting and only two died. Yay. It's a good day in the neighborhood!

How many dead before it qualifies as a spree? :( 3 people are dead, one of which is a police officer, at least one injured. The 17yo that was shot and killed in his car had just graduated. SMDH

Way more than one and LE don't count unless it's random. jmo

Yeah, Just random shooting and only two died. Yay. It's a good day in the neighborhood!

A random shooting (if it was and we don't know that) would have been a much better and more accurate way to describe it. jmo

So what if the 17 year old was a gang banger? Would killing one person be a "spree" then. If so, there are about 100 killing "sprees" every day in LA, Chicago, NY, etc,

My point is that the hyperbole is inaccurate and unnecessary. This appears to be a random shooting. Why isn't that enough. Why does it have to be a "spree" The media is ridiculous. all jmo

jmo

I am a little confused. Since when do police officers not count as murder victims?

Spree killing or mass murder is at least 3 or 4 killed.

Seems like desentization- why are we just hearing about this now? If it does not have a high death rate the media isnt even there. Twenty years ago this would have been what ER was.

Sad state of affairs and the victim last post is sad

I am a little confused. Since when do police officers not count as murder victims?

They don't count as killing "spree" victims since there's a reason apart from the initial crime that they're killed. I thought that was obvious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back