GUILTY CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #2

it makes me sick that this takes so long. I cannot STAND knowing these people spend more time doodling around waitint for trial, thinking they'll get out of it for longer than their poor babies got to LIVE!

Amber stated:

with putting this current situation aside; Stacey Barker was a great mother

I'm sorry Amber, I know she is/was your friend but (and a great big fat but here) here is my bone of contention...

Not all Mothers that abuse their children murder them.

Not all Mothers that are neglectful of their children murder them.

Because...

Mediocre Mom's don't murder their children.

Good Mom's don't murder their children.

Great Mom's don't murder their children.

Your rationlization and continued justifications and defense of your friend is making you appear to be a fool.

It's starting to be beyond ridiculous.

JMHO.

it makes me sick that this takes so long. I cannot STAND knowing these people spend more time doodling around waiting for trial, thinking they'll get out of it for longer than their poor babies got to LIVE!

I agree 200%, Emma's BDay this year, was even harder than last year - if that is possible. She lived only 18 short months and now her mother/murderer has been living off the system for that same amount of time.

Interesting that these momsters throw away their babies, in an attempt to live the way they wish - without responsibility or concern for another - only to lose the right to live free.

Every day I lose more respect for these attorneys who look for excuses and loop holes, instead of suggesting their client own up to their deed. While I believe there must be something very "wrong" with a parent who abuses or murders their child - it does not mean they don't know the difference between right and wrong. They made a bad choice, and IMO there is always an alternative. In this case, sb has already confessed to LASD!! WTH??

The hearing the end of Sept was in camera (done completely in chambers). No info yet - the follow up hearing was Oct 8th - according to Tori nothing transpired except PD Dager got into it with DA Cromer. (Grandstanding to the family etc)

The next hearing is Dec 3rd. - if this follows last winter, nothing will happen again....

I understand Dager has a job to do and he needs to do it to the best of his ability and to the letter of the law. I just don't don't agree that when someone does something indefensible - that they should be allowed to take advantage of the system - but it is what it is.

There were witnesses called to the hearing in Sept (family and LE) and they were told to return - they must be thrilled to take a day off work, or waste a work day to stand in line to get into the court and do nothing. GB (Emma's GPa) was there as well as Det Nava.

Of some interest last week we received a note from someone who claims to be a former coworker of sb, IHHO sb was a great employe who was picked on by management and other coworkers for keeping to herself and keeping her private life private. She also claimed that sb announced at a meeting (at work) that Emma would have her surname because Emma's daddy blew her off when she got pregnant. (Contradiction there, no?) IMO co worker did know sb at work but either sb lied a lot or coworker knows a little and embellishes a lot.

Emma's daddy was showing up at hearings, with his family, T became friendly with his GF who kept us updated on how he was doing for months. I have a hard time believing he blew off Emma - we heard from several others that sb was afraid of losing custody to him (or maybe even just sharing custody IDK) so she made visitation very difficult and his family didn't get to meet Emma until she was a year old. (They had lived in the AV but were living in or around the Long Beach area when Emma was born and when she was murdered - not a short trip for a two hour visit.)

From all indications he was just a regular guy who was in a hard situation, he could have done things differently, but he had no idea his baby was living with a monster - I'm sure he will carry his pain for the rest of his life.

I got an email, someone sent me a copy of an article that appeared on the front page in the AV - it was all rehash but pointed out Dager is still begging for COV - also due to whatever witness he was whining about last month the trial is very unlikely to begin before 2011 (No surprises here.)

Next hearing date is still set for Dec 3.

picture.php

Beautiful Emma you are not forgotten...​

Bumping - hearing coming - Dec 03

From Tori:

I went to the court on the 18th for something and thought I would get the last pages of the proceedings (held in-camera) but all I was given was 1 page that said "orders granted for a face to face visit with laptop is signed and filed on this date" this date was 11/17/2010 no one was present, not SB, not Dager, or Cromer...

I was just thinking that Dager has gotten around to taking the laptop into the Jail to show SB what the state has on her, I think a part of it is the recorded phone calls with Sutton and others.

The Dec 3rd date is for pretrial conference, I am hoping at that time that they will be interviewing a jury and trial will start soon after.

At the last hearing there were more tapes and papers handed over re: sb's visitors - after the August hearing when information that included sb's continued involvement with "Vampire" came to light - her visitor status was changed from Y to N.

The October hearing was very short, as were the tempers of ADD Cromer and PD Dager - the DDA wanted some discovery to be redacted, causing Dager to start reading the files in court - Cromer asked Judge Zacky to "make him stop".

Judge Z took the group into chambers "on camera" - when they returned, he said the state had a valid request and agreed to have the files redacted.

Dager added he also wanted some early discovery redacted (per 1054), adding he also wants to interview everyone who has had contact with Barker since May ('09 or '10 - we're not sure) - Dager made a comment about a government agent and Kelly Cromer said, "He's not a government agent!" This reference was to Erin Sutton AKA "Vampire" - who we know approached Barker - claiming to be a secret government agent / plant of some sort. We know their contact involved visitation and some phone calls - In his letter to Kat this summer he claimed he was looking to help find - "Justice for a beautiful child's life cut short." His own case involved a plea bargain for assault charges - so he apparently had nothing to gain from his charade - hoping to hear the rest come trial.

T, Kat and I have been hashing over the charges, Kat did a great job looking it all up (and what it all means) - All of the charges against sb are felonies. Link to the pond for anyone who wants to read the full description of charges:

http://katfishponders.blogspot.com/2010/11/delays-push-stacey-barkers-murder-trial.html#comments

187.(a) Murder and / or Second-degree Murder - Murder in the second degree is punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for a term of 15 years to life.

I'm not 100% convinced a jury will find her guilty of murder, but we don't know everything the state has and we know nothing about what the defense has put together (only what Dager has tried to pull off) - so we'll see - come January.

273ab. Assault on a Child Causing Death - ACCD - shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for 25 years to life.

This (IMO) is what the state is banking on - like the Super Aggravated charges we saw during the trial for the rape of Emma Thompson - Felony - ACCD can bring a harsher sentence than 2nd degree murder and what I see to be a no brainer with what we know today.

273a.(a)Child Abuse - the penalty is imprisonment in the state prison for two, four, or six years.

IMO in this case the Child Abuse was deliberate, intentional and intended to cause death - the Felony ACCD makes CA a felony too -

We also discussed a new comment from sb's aunt - she was very harsh in her judgement of us, for judging sb - as much as I disagree with her, I respect her right to think what she wants and mostly that is for sb to be found not guilty and for us to just go away (Not going to happen - I'll be back in CA soon and plan on attending as much of the trial as possible).

This from sb's former "co-worker" re sb, regrets and the relatives:

Stacey had a saying about regrets - that you shouldn't regret anything because at the time it was something you wanted. I get chills thinking of this now because I stop and think - at the time she murdered Emma she wanted her dead - so does she not regret having done so?

I think that Stacey's family believes she is innocent because that is the story she is telling them. In part, I'm sure they WANT to believe that Stacey is innocent, that it was just an accident and that their daughter would have never harmed Emma or committed such a hideous crime. She has probably told them that the cops scared her into a false confession and that is why she said the things she did.

Glad to add sb's former co-worker to those who want to see Justice for Emma. :)

Here is where sb will most likely spend many years, when she is convicted:

Valley State Prison for Women - Chowchilla

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_State_Prison_for_Women

"The mission of VSPW is multi-fold. VSPW functions as a Reception Center (RC) and as a General Population institution providing education and vocational opportunities for inmates."

VSP is one of two women's prisons in Chowchilla - the other with some focus on inmates with special needs.

According to the article I read, it is not the place anyone wants to call home.

--------------------------------

I am still not convinced Dager is planning on going to trial - I suppose it depends on what his experts found when talking with sb - we know a psychological exam was done and one expert specializes in false confessions. We also know sb admitted (on tape - to LASD Det Nava) to accidentally smothering Emma and saying she did so to prevent Emma from repeating her mistake of getting pregnant too young and being stuck in her parents home. IDK where the accident lies in what she herself said - this case seems so open and shut - that I wonder if Dager has been doing the only thing possible for sb - with delay, after delay, to keep her in jail long enough to cut a good size chunk of "time earned" off of her prison sentence - come January it will be 1 yr. 9 mos., since she was arrested - a very long time, to get to the trial of a woman who told investigators what she had done and where she dumped her baby's body, hidden in knee high weeds, along the Golden State Fwy.

Sweet Emma, we will be here to see Justice for you. No matter how long it takes, it is coming.

Well yesterday's hearing was long and boring according to Tori but she did reveal one important tidbit - If it's in the AV Press (we can blog it) if it's not we will have to wait for it to become Court Record before I can comment on it.

Shut down! I'll bet Dager is so happy with himself!

This morning's headline on the AV Press is: Baby Barker's mom seeks plea deal

I've been saying it all along - Dager had no intent on taking momster to trial! The last attempt to pull this Dager wanted 15 years MAX and DDA Cromer would not budge from 25! As soon as I get the rest I'll post it here.

ETA - I'm not surprised, not shocked, but I am completely disgusted.

Still seeking JUSTICE FOR EMMA

OK So I heard from Tori -

After PD Dager and sb had their little meeting with his laptop and the video & tapes of sb speaking with her visitors (this was what the SA handed into discovery) sb and Dager approached DDA Kelly Cromer asking for a deal. We still don't know exactly what they saw - we can only imagine it was incriminating and no LEO's were putting any pressure on her those days.

Ms Cromer who is on a hot streak - declined the deal they requested... again.

Per Tori:

Cromer was worried about what the public was going to think if she accepted, so as my HERO the defender of children and animals, Kelly did not accept it! Judge Z said that the Attorneys will take the time from now until the next date to try to work out a offer that both of them would take. (I am paraphrasing here) JZ (Judge Zacky) said it in legal terms.

it has to be bad enough that Dager is afraid she may get more time at Trial, but if they cannot work out an offer, the Trial will start sometime around Jan 6 or 7 th, I am not sure of the date they said....

We've reported on some of D.A.Kelly Cromer's wins this year - her most recent are =

just got a guy that beat his girlfriends child to death 65 years, 64 years for the guy that raped a 10 year old girl at the Movie's, and 25 to life for a guy that shot his girlfriend saying it was a accident.

She has had more convictions then just these but these cases show she is a great woman that thinks justice for the Innocent is more then just a couple of years!

Our thanks to DDA Kelly Cromer and the people in the AV who are tired of baby killers...

So basically nothing new. This is the same thing he tried last year (?) sorry memory is failing at this moment - seems like it must have been last year or very early this year.

DDA Cromer should tell Dager to come back when he's ready for his client not to spend forever in jail. If a jury hears what we have heard (and the rest that we didn't hear) they are going to hand her her arse for Christmas. (Well, New Years...)

Under the circumstances and the way earned time works, it would be fair for her to get 25 to life, no parole for 25 years - when she gets out she will be too old and used up to get knocked up again... Too bad this isn't how it works. But I'm counting on Emma's Hero to Keep it Real!!

According to Tori - sb's family was in court again and found out she was requesting a deal and was ready to plea - at the same time everyone else did.

Regardless of their behavior over the last 20 months (and I agree it has not been pleasant) I'm sorry they lost their GBaby and they are in so much pain - now discovering sb really has lied to them all this time.

I have a favor to ask of everyone who has been following this case - Katfish has put together a terrific "Opinion" piece at Now Public - would you please read it and add your comments to the piece regarding what would be an appropriate sentence in this case?

I can't say much more than to say the reason I am asking is related to DDA Cromer's comment that she feels the public will not be happy if she under cuts what she feels SB will get in if this case goes to trial...

You do not need to be a member, or sign in to comment at Now Public.

Thank You All in advance for helping to see Justice for Emma is carried out in this horrific story.

snipped...
Stacey Barker Wants To Make A Deal

Zackey continued, " It's my understanding the parties are having an ongoing discussion regarding this case....we'll see if those discussions are fruitful on December 17th" adding, "Kelly will make a motion......you will make a motion, right?" Cromer agreed. If an agreement can't be reached and this goes to trial, January 7 will be a pre-trial hearing and Zackey said it will start 0 of 59.

We've also heard, but can't confirm, that Stacy Barker is willing to plead guilty to Involuntary Manslaughter and one of the 273 (we assume that is the felony child abuse charge 273a) in exchange for a twenty year sentence with 2 strikes and time served (subtract 20 months and don't forget good-time) . I only bring up the unconfirmed deal (consider it scuttlebutt) as a jumping off point to start a discussion....Do you think the state should negotiate or take this to trial? What type of deal do you think the state could make that would be justice in this case?

http://my.nowpublic.com/culture/stacey-barker-wants-make-deal#comment-565117

Thanks for the link, LCM
I am sickened by the audacity of a plea deal for Stacy Barker the baby killer. She does not deserve any shortened prison sentence. She shortened her own baby's life, and needs to serve a long long term in prison for murdering little Emma. Stacy the baby killer had other options for going on with her life without the "burden" of Emma. Others would have gladly taken Emma into their hearts and their homes. Stacy the baby killer did not love Emma and had no qualms about murdering her own child. Stacy the baby killer needs to rot in prison. Truthfully, she stole little Emma's life, so Stacy should pay with hers.

Thanks for the link, LCM
I am sickened by the audacity of a plea deal for Stacy Barker the baby killer. She does not deserve any shortened prison sentence. She shortened her own baby's life, and needs to serve a long long term in prison for murdering little Emma. Stacy the baby killer had other options for going on with her life without the "burden" of Emma. Others would have gladly taken Emma into their hearts and their homes. Stacy the baby killer did not love Emma and had no qualms about murdering her own child. Stacy the baby killer needs to rot in prison. Truthfully, she stole little Emma's life, so Stacy should pay with hers.

Thank you Caligram and everyone who has posted their opinion at Now Public!! So seldom do we get to make a difference in these cases - but this time we may be helping Emma to get justice!

I have a favor to ask of everyone who has been following this case - Katfish has put together a terrific "Opinion" piece at Now Public - would you please read it and add your comments to the piece regarding what would be an appropriate sentence in this case?

I can't say much more than to say the reason I am asking is related to DDA Cromer's comment that she feels the public will not be happy if she under cuts what she feels SB will get, if this case goes to trial...

Thank You All in advance for helping to see Justice for Emma is carried out in this horrific story.

snipped...
Stacey Barker Wants To Make A Deal​

Zackey continued, " It's my understanding the parties are having an ongoing discussion regarding this case....we'll see if those discussions are fruitful on December 17th" adding, "Kelly will make a motion......you will make a motion, right?" Cromer agreed. If an agreement can't be reached and this goes to trial, January 7 will be a pre-trial hearing and Zackey said it will start 0 of 59.

We've also heard, but can't confirm, that Stacy Barker is willing to plead guilty to Involuntary Manslaughter and one of the 273 (we assume that is the felony child abuse charge 273a) in exchange for a twenty year sentence with 2 strikes and time served (subtract 20 months and don't forget good-time) . I only bring up the unconfirmed deal (consider it scuttlebutt) as a jumping off point to start a discussion....Do you think the state should negotiate or take this to trial? What type of deal do you think the state could make that would be justice in this case?

http://my.nowpublic.com/culture/stac...comment-565117

Thank you Caligram and everyone who has posted their opinion at Now Public!! So seldom do we get to make a difference in these cases - but this time we may be helping Emma to get justice!

Great article over there! Thank you, LCM for your determined and ongoing, unwavering and everlasting reports on this case and support for little angel Emma. The "person" who murdered my little angel spent ten years of a ten year sentence. Even though he was in there every minute he was sentenced to be, the sparse length of the sentence still stings. The day of this latest Emma hearing would have been my little guy's sixteenth birthday. Baby-murderers need to be dealt with more sternly...they wipe out a being with unknown and possibly world-changing potential, and they pay with a decade or two? :banghead:
SB needs to be locked up until her ovaries and every other part of her are nothing but dust.

Great article over there! Thank you, LCM for your determined and ongoing, unwavering and everlasting reports on this case and support for little angel Emma. The "person" who murdered my little angel spent ten years of a ten year sentence. Even though he was in there every minute he was sentenced to be, the sparse length of the sentence still stings. The day of this latest Emma hearing would have been my little guy's sixteenth birthday.

Baby-murderers need to be dealt with more sternly...they wipe out a being with unknown and possibly world-changing potential, and they pay with a decade or two? :banghead:

SB needs to be locked up until her ovaries and every other part of her are nothing but dust.

(((Flourish))) Ten years is an insult! You're right, a life taken, should be paid for with a life - Not at taxpayers expense though - Hard labor, followed by menial labor at the retirement age, followed by a cardboard box full of cremains dumped in the sea. Effectively erased. Nothing that says they ever existed.

Ben (Emma) Thompson, regarding the who murdered his baby said; "I'm going to think of him as dead, until someone makes him that way. Then I'm not going to think of him at all."

I'm counting on Kelly Cromer to see this through! She knows we are watching and keeping track. She has had a very good year. Let's hope that continues through the next hearing. I'll be back in CA soon, I will be there to see sb go down and I'm not going to go away once she is locked up.

25 to life, should mean 25 to life! (If she goes to trial and gets this twice - twice as good!)

AY - the POC who donated her uterus to carry our baby Emma Thompson - who then allowed the she called "her new man" to inflict her baby with an STD, then raped and murdered her - was sentenced this past July IIRC - to 5 years minimum! She has her first possible parole date listed as 2012!! 2 years for her daughter's life!! Where is the justice in that?

I can't say much more than to say the reason I am asking is related to DDA Cromer's comment that she feels the public will not be happy if she under cuts what she feels SB will get, if this case goes to trial...

snipped...
Stacey Barker Wants To Make A Deal

http://my.nowpublic.com/culture/stacey-barker-wants-make-deal#comment-565585

Sorry I didn't realize the Link was broken in the last post this one should take you directly to the story.

Thank you all for posting an opinion at Now Public - we'll know something on the 17th.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back