GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay now...
http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...issing-evidence-search-horse-rescue/12763519/

Isabel Megli, CEO and founder of Yucca Valley's White Rock Horse Rescue, where Erin Corwin spent her days nursing a horse back to health, said Corwin kept to herself but had a "special way" with horses.
"She had already been an avid rider," Megli said. "She came here to volunteer and to find a horse - and she did."
Corwin adopted Cassy, an eight-year-old quarter horse, who immediately bonded with her, according to Megli. Corwin nursed the horse back to health and had planned to move her to Twentynine Palms.
Megli said Erin's husband came out a couple times.
"One time when they came out here they chased her for a half an hour," Megli said, laughing. "They worked together and caught her."

I looked at the Horse Rescue FB site to see if there were any pics of Erin. I saw her like a post from a year ago. So I guess she has been involved with that for at least a year. I did see one photo that struck me as interesting. It pictured two people, and I think one might have been Erin. But I'm unsure.

The numbers being used were not referring to family members.
I understand there is some frustration. But some folks did some significant sleuthing and were kindly trying to share ideas without breaking TOS. It was in no way intended to minimize the seriousness. In fact, I think it is because of the seriousness. We all hope for a good outcome here.

Please use initials if discussing the husband and reminder that we do not allow speculation of family members unless they are named a suspect. Using a number does not circumvent the rule folks if that is what is going on with the number thing. Please use allowable info when posting

Please use initials if discussing the husband and reminder that we do not allow speculation of family members unless they are named a suspect. Using a number does not circumvent the rule folks if that is what is going on with the number thing. Please use allowable info when posting
BBM I don't understand this? Why do we have to refer to the husband by initials? He hasn't been named a POI, so we can't discuss him as the perp, but why do we have to address him with initials only?

which one is Erin, you think?

I looked at the Horse Rescue FB site to see if there were any pics of Erin. I saw her like a post from a year ago. So I guess she has been involved with that for at least a year. I did see one photo that struck me as interesting. It pictured two people, and I think one might have been Erin. But I'm unsure.

I *think* there were some of her Octoberish and she had a hat on in them. Looked to me like a knit hat.

I am a horse trainer. Owning a horse (even if the initial purchase price/adoption fee is free/cheap) is very expensive. I charge $450 for boarding per month and I'm one of the less expensive trainers in my area. The horse plus the new car may have provided Erin incentive to stay in the marriage and pretend things were ok. It's hard to afford a horse and a car payment, let alone rent, with no job. Just my two pennies. This could explain why Erin's relatives are insistent that they were madly in love, while JC's are trying to get word of the affair out in any way possible.

link?

If I may indulge in a little thinking out loud...and SPECULATION.

If I am the Perp and I premeditate that I want to dispose of this young woman, and I want do dispose of her in this vast JT park, I either know JT very very well, or I am going to go scope out the terrain ahead of time. Does this mean:

a)I have recently spent a lot of time at JT? (Tapes of people coming and going should be scanned if they exist to see repeat visits
b)I own some vehicle that could get me around the terrain for scoping purposes (jeep, motorcycle, etc.) or I have *borrowed* one recently?
c)hardware stores in the vicinity have sold me tarps, shovels, duct tape, ropes, etc. recently?
d)I have purchased a stun gun recently?
e)I have unexplained absences from work/home recently?
f) Those close to me notice I have been acting odd?

So moving to the next step. If this was premeditated, and we believe the Perp has left her in one of the many mines, what are the mines that are readily accessible from a regular vehicle? Or, what would be the mines first accessible "off road" from the main entrance? I really can't imagine the Perp taking an extended offroad excursion with a deceased or restrained body in the vehicle; they would be risking detection. I hypothesize they went in from the main entrance and quickly went offroad to a predetermined "resting place". If my guess is right, she's not that far from the main entrance. The Perp wanted to get in and out as quickly as possible.

In my mind, this is either a local who knew JT very well, or someone who spent a lot of time in there recently scoping it out. I know this is a huge, huge park....but I really think the possibilities of offroad disposal will be within 10-15 minutes of the main entrance....

All speculation and guesses based on the bits and pieces I've read in this thread.
Let's bring this girl home.

BBM: They may have started at the nearest "resting place" where something happened and then he had to go deeper in to where the caves are.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...issing-evidence-search-horse-rescue/12763519/

Isabel Megli, CEO and founder of Yucca Valley's White Rock Horse Rescue, where Erin Corwin spent her days nursing a horse back to health, said Corwin kept to herself but had a "special way" with horses.

"She had already been an avid rider," Megli said. "She came here to volunteer and to find a horse - and she did."

Corwin adopted Cassy, an eight-year-old quarter horse, who immediately bonded with her, according to Megli. Corwin nursed the horse back to health and had planned to move her to Twentynine Palms.

Megli said Erin's husband came out a couple times.

"One time when they came out here they chased her for a half an hour," Megli said, laughing. "They worked together and caught her."

I can't seem to find Cassy on their website.
http://www.whiterockhorserescueca.org/p/thoroughbreds.html

I didn't want to link it since I don't know if it is her. But it was from summer 2013. There were a bunch of photos taken, and one shows a young girl in blue shorts with an athletic-looking guy with short hair. She has dark hair, but it appears to have a slight auburn tone to it. There was another bunch of photos taken more recently, but I was not able to see any that I could say was her.

What intrigues me are these statements:

" Beasley said Corwin appeared to be entering the red vehicle voluntarily.

“They were just sitting and chatting. If she wanted to get out of the car and say, ‘I don't want to be in this car,' she could have,” said Beasley. "
http://www.cbs8.com/story/26028006/...arine-wife-had-rendezvous-with-man-in-red-car

The article also mentioned it was a red compact sedan.

Did he mean because she appeared to voluntarily get into the car that she could have left at any time,
or was there something specific about that car? Like a convertible, perhaps? Or maybe a jeep?
Sedan is 4 doors. Something about that vehicle makes it sound like she could easily
have gotten out of that car, like it was an open top, or easy access to get in and out.
IMOO.

What intrigues me are these statements:

" Beasley said Corwin appeared to be entering the red vehicle voluntarily.

“They were just sitting and chatting. If she wanted to get out of the car and say, ‘I don't want to be in this car,' she could have,” said Beasley. "
http://www.cbs8.com/story/26028006/...arine-wife-had-rendezvous-with-man-in-red-car

The article also mentioned it was a red compact sedan.

Did he mean because she appeared to voluntarily get into the car that she could have left at any time,
or was there something specific about that car? Like a convertible, perhaps? Or maybe a jeep?
Sedan is 4 doors. Something about that vehicle makes it sound like she could easily
have gotten out of that car, like it was an open top, or easy access to get in and out.
IMOO.

The witness said he (the guy in the red car) had his window down so he could see him fairly well.

It seems to me that they have ruled out the red car stuff because they have plenty of information pointing to a specific person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz