Found Deceased CA - Gail Saari, 62, Oakland, 22 January 2016

it is cold (I feel guity saying that 50's is cold with what the east coast is going through) and it has been raining on and off. Friday and sat it rained.

the area near the airport isn't the greatest.

So leaving with only a blazer wouldn't be enough I guess? Did she leave another warmer coat/jacket in her office I wonder?

Clearly Gail did not intend to go far, if she even left the building.

Why is there no update at all? No mentioning of searches taking place.

ETA: She did take her winter scarf though, so probably intended to leave the building but only to an adjacent one?

I don't think it would be enough, especially since it is near the airport, it is really windy.

you know, she may have just worn the scarf inside as well, I wear an infinity scarf often.

So leaving with only a blazer wouldn't be enough I guess? Did she leave another warmer coat/jacket in her office I wonder?

Clearly Gail did not intend to go far, if she even left the building.

Why is there no update at all? No mentioning of searches taking place.

ETA: She did take her winter scarf though, so probably intended to leave the building but only to an adjacent one?

Police search for missing Berkeley woman
missing%20woman%20%20Gail%20Saari_1453754297488_760989_ver1.0.jpg

Police are asking the public's help in locating a 62-year-old Berkeley woman who went missing after leaving her office in Oakland on Friday morning.

Her colleagues identified her as Gail Saari. Police provided a different name for her: Diana Hajisaari.

She left the office at 100 Swan Way near Oakland International Airport at about 10:30 a.m. Friday and hasn't been seen or heard from since, according to police.

Investigators say there was a possible sighting of the woman on Friday afternoon, at the nearby Martin Luther King Jr. Regional Shoreline park. Police say they searched that area but were not able to locate her.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/mobile-app-ktvu/82347734-story

Any word from her family? Close frends?

The two radically different names she has per police via KTVU is kind of bizzare.

Any word from her family? Close frends?

The two radically different names she has per police via KTVU is kind of bizzare.

That was my first thought as well, however...Diana Hajisaari.. Gail, a possible middle name and the last name of Hajisaari..Haji→Saari. Saari for short??

I'm also wondering about the 2 different names. Was she married, have children?

https://apps.tn.gov/eli-app/view-public.html?id=290212

"State of Tennessee Educator Licensure Information"

"PUBLIC SEARCH RESULTS: DIANA G HAJISAARI"

"Records on this site represent official state documentation."

See link above for more info.

Also:

https://gailsaari.wordpress.com/resume/

"B.A., English Literature and Classical Studies, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN"

ALSO on her resume:

"Netcard Corporation, Official website of the 1998 Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia"

That was my first thought as well, however...Diana Hajisaari.. Gail, a possible middle name and the last name of Hajisaari..Haji→Saari. Saari for short??

Yea that's what I'm thinking. 'Haji' is sometimes added to a name when the person has completed their Haji (gone to Mecca). So the names are really not very different.

I wonder if she was acting unusual at work that morning. If she was upset about anything.

It does seem very unusual for a person to leave with out even their phone, doesn't it? If she didn't even have her wallet, I wouldn't think she went to grab a cup of coffee. If she didn't bring her keys, she wouldn't have been getting something out of her car either.

This is very strange. I wonder if her co-workers just saw her leaving her desk, or if she actually had a conversation with someone at around 10:30. Like if she had a work related conversation at 10:30 and then that's the last anyone saw of her, or if they saw her leaving from afar. I wish we had more details.

Yes apparently her birth name is Diana Gail Saari.

Gails website. She is pretty awesome!
Her "other" last name Hajisaari seems to have ties to Malaysia. She speaks Malay!

https://gailsaari.wordpress.com/

*I see this is a repeat link but, I'm so friggin proud of myself for doing it I think I will leave it*

Looking at her fb page, the last post I see is from 2014, and it's about Yoga and meditation. Speculating that she dropped the Islamic faith and is pursuing other religious/spiritual interests. That might explain the name change (leaving out the 'Haji' part.)

Looking at her fb page, the last post I see is from 2014, and it's about Yoga and meditation. Speculating that she dropped the Islamic faith and is pursuing other religious/spiritual interests. That might explain the name change (leaving out the 'Haji' part.)

Please note the person with the same full last name who has commented on her post.

The last reported sighting of Diana Hajisaari, 62, occurred at 10 a.m. Friday, as she was leaving her workplace near the 100 block of Swan Way in Oakland. There was a possible sighting of Hajisaari two hours later at the Martin Luther King Jr. Regional Shoreline Park.

Hajisaari is a caucasian female with brown hair and blue eyes. She stands at 5’4 and weighs 110 pounds. She may be wearing a tweed jacket and gray shirt.

http://www.dailycal.org/2016/01/25/berkeley-resident-reported-missing/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back