GUILTY CA - Gavin Smith, 57, Oak Park, 1 May 2012

Has anyone thought about the fact they Gavin maybe have been cheating on his wife with other women besides Chandrika? <modsnip>? John Creech has a recurring past but none of us can say that he's involved in this case besides his soon to be exwife.

This may turn out not to be about Gavin at all.

Well, we know the two Creech home search warrants, confiscated vehicle, etc are related to Gavin's disappearance per LE's statements. There's a possibility the sentencing delays are not, but why else would sentencing be delayed twice when the defendant pleaded guilty?

Attention Please!

I have had to delete some posts. If you're missing a post, it was removed for TOS violation or 'inside information' from a NON-verified poster.

If you have any questions, please take time to review our "Rules" forum. This includes TOS and "Etiquette" for posting and Best Practices for dealing with your fellow posters.

Rules:
The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There is also a thread explaining how to be verified as an 'professional' or 'insider.' This is strictly voluntary and extremely easy and any of your personal information is held in strict confidence. However, please be aware that if you have inside information, if you're not verified, you may not post this information unless it can be linked to on the www, from a reputable and allowed link, ie LE, MSM, or other sites that are allowed to be linked in the pages of Websleuths.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by pm, or any of the other moderators.

Just to clarify a bit...

Rumors are not allowed. If you state something as fact please provide a link to back up what you are saying. Acceptable links are from main stream media and law enforcement as well as the family.

You can disagree with a post, you can not attack a member for their opinion. If you feel something is against our terms of service please alert by clicking on the triangle in the top right corner.

If you have questions you can pm me or any mod we are all happy to help!

If someone asked for a link the nice thing to do is provide it.

Thank you

Ima

Hey, Salem. :seeya: The search warrants have not been released. So, restricted speculation/sleuthing of CC related solely to info in articles, ie not as broad as John, right? Lotsa newbies here, so clarifying to save you work later, and I haven't seen limited sleuthing before, so...:waitasec:?

Yes - that sums it up. Restricted sleuthing is not uncommon around here. It needs to be confined to what is released in MSM (or HuffPo in this case), whatever is in LE docs that is released to the public, and there can be speculation based on the fact that she was the last person to see him, if that is the case.

Hope that helps,

Salem

ETA: IF she was not the last person to see him - there can be no speculation about that without a link. DOING background checks, posting any arrests, etc. IS OFF LIMITS. RAIDING FACEBOOK OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA IS OFF LIMITS. Basically - you may speculate and discuss what is in the articles. So there is not a lot of room here, but there is some.

Hi 2rose and WELCOME! :welcome:

You can find the rules right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

As a reminder - sleuthing noncase players is against the rules. Cut and paste from social media sites is against the rules and posting the names and addresses of innocent people is against the rules.

Hope that helps. If you need additional assistance, please feel free to pm me or any other mod and we will give you a hand.

Thanks!

Salem

Hi Peeps!

I'm bumping one of Kimster's previous posts. If you do have inside information and would like to talk about it, please follow the instructions for becoming verified at the link.

Thanks!

Salem
Sorry peeps, no rumors allowed.

If an insider wants to get verified and explain their source confidentially, they can email wsverify@xmission.com

Per Kimster, one of our admins here

Bumping a few helpful mod posts with rules, TOS, and links for those new to the thread and WS.

Well, we know the two Creech home search warrants, confiscated vehicle, etc are related to Gavin's disappearance per LE's statements. There's a possibility the sentencing delays are not, but why else would sentencing be delayed twice when the defendant pleaded guilty?

I don't know. Defense attorneys are notorious for delaying everything. If Creech's attorney is trying to get him a better sentence, then perhaps the delay has something to do with Gavin that he thinks might help him, or the attorney is just looking at his former arrest records to see if there is anything in there that could help him, like he stated on TV.

I am just not getting a vibe like this has anything to do with Gavin…I hope I am wrong.

The attorney said he was looking at Creech's former arrest records on TV?

The attorney said he was looking at Creech's former arrest records on TV?

Requesting confidential documents held by Glendale Police (arresting agency), as per Teola's comments in NBC (L.A. Ch 4) video posted above at LINK.

~jmo~

Requesting confidential documents held by Glendale Police (arresting agency), as per Teola's comments in NBC (L.A. Ch 4) video posted above at LINK.

~jmo~

Yes, I posted that link & vid earlier, but thanks. :) Just hadn't heard the wording in that post, so I thought maybe new info was out.

Yes, I posted that link & vid earlier, but thanks. :) Just hadn't heard the wording in that post, so I thought maybe new info was out.

Not sure what post you mean but that's ok...thanks for posting the original link.

Any idea on what those confidential docs might contain?

~jmo~

Does anyone have the correct information on JC? How many siblings does he have? Are his parents alive? Where do they live? Where did he go to school? How many kids does he have? Is CC still living in the house? Was JC in the state when GS went missing?

<mod snip>

From the jail website aka inmate information center, as linked prior. As I said, last I checked. :)

Just checked again. Still the same. So, either the website or the CSR is wrong, apparently.

From link:

(The information was current as of: 07/30/2012 09:53 PST)

Booking No.: 3201351 ***** Last Name: CREECH ***** First Name: JOHN ***** Middle Name: LANZIE

Sex: M ***** Race: H ***** Date Of Birth: 07/22/1972 ***** Age: 39 ***** Hair: BLK ***** Eyes: BRO ***** Height: 601 ***** Weight: 195

Charge Level: F **(Felony)

ARREST
Arrest Date: 06/21/2012 ***** Arrest Time: 1045 ***** Arrest Agency: 9023 ***** Agency Description: SUPR CRT-CLARA SHORTRIDGE FOLTZ (CJ

Date Booked: 06/21/2012 ***** Time Booked: 1123 ***** Booking Location: S126 ***** Location Description: CRT - L A SUPERIOR DEPT 126

BAIL
Total Bail Amount: NO BAIL ***** Total Hold Bail Amount: 0.00 ***** Grand Total: NO BAIL

HOUSING LOCATION
Housing Location: CJ

Permanent Housing Assigned Date: 07/20/2012 ***** Assigned Time: 0913 ***** Visitor Status: N

Facility: MEN'S CENTRAL JAIL
Address: 441 BAUCHET STREET ***** City: LOS ANGELES

Public Visiting Guidelines ***** Facility Visiting Schedule

For County facility visiting hours, Please call (213) 473-6080 at Inmate Information Center.

COURT
Next Court Code: S126 ***** Next Court Date: 08/29/2012 ***** Next Court Time: 0830 ***** Next Court Case: BA36799501

Court Name: L A SUPERIOR COURT DEPT 126
Court Address: 210 W. TEMPLE STREET ***** Court City: LOS ANGELESUPT

LASD Inmate Information Center. BBM

Not that it's a crucial detail, IMO. Just a lil observation...

fwiw...A friend of a friend who is housed at Twin Towers (lasd) showed a Visitor Status of 0 until people visited him, and now it shows 2. At no point did it ever show N.

ETA: And as of right now, the record for friend of a friend once again shows 0! I think it's fair to say that the Records may not be entirely accurate on the matter of Visitor Status. I've not been able to locate a legend for the notation at the site -perhaps the number refreshes each week? btw, I've saved his booking details to disk all along (trying to help my friend), so I do have documented proof. It would not be proper, of course, for me to provide that nor for me to furnish the name/booking number for others to confirm.

~jmo~

Ok... It is against TOS to be rude to another member. Its fine to disagree do this in a respectful manner.

You can say I disagree with that because and state your reason why. Don't make it personal and keep it nice. Everyone here is entitled to an opinion, if you don't like it just pass it on by. If someone is discussing facts then please link to verify what you are saying.

Ima

I understand and respect what you are saying but why take down my post when I called and there to verify my statement? John creech is allowed Vistors. The report says 'N' because he has had no Vistors this week or day. If you call they will tell you the same thing. I thought this site was supposed to be about getting the facts right. Not badgering someone who has done real investigating. I am tired of having my posts deleted for doing what this website is about, investigating. Just because I don't have a link to post doesn't mean that I am stating false information. You guys want to find all these things on him and I have them but no one will take the time to realize that.

I understand and respect what you are saying but why take down my post when I called and there to verify my statement? John creech is allowed Vistors. The report says 'N' because he has had no Vistors this week or day. If you call they will tell you the same thing. I thought this site was supposed to be about getting the facts right. Not badgering someone who has done real investigating. I am tired of having my posts deleted for doing what this website is about, investigating. Just because I don't have a link to post doesn't mean that I am stating false information. You guys want to find all these things on him and I have them but no one will take the time to realize that.

Beastman,

Are you an insider on this case? If you want to post info as facts without a link you should get verified by Admin. It is very easy to do and everything is confidential. Without being verified you will need to link to main stream media and or law enforcement.

If you would like to be verified as a professional poster, such as an insider/local, doctor, lawyer, chemist, or whatever your profession, then please do the following:
Email Websleuths at : wsverify@xmission.com
In your email please include:
*The case
*Your Websleuths name
*Your real name
*Your phone number and a good time to call
In the subject line put either the case you are interested in or the profession you wish to verify.
Thank you!

If you have any other questions you can pm me or any Mod so we can stay on the topic of this thread.

Ima

Per LA Superior Court Records https://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/onlineservices/criminalindex/

Name:* CREECH , JOHN * LANZIE *
Case Number* LACBA367995-01
Filed At*Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center
Filing Date*02/18/2010
Limited Jurisdiction
Count ChargeSection Charge Statute Disposition DispositionDate
01 11351 Health & Safety Code Held to Answer 11/09/2010
02 11352(A) Health & Safety Code Held to Answer 11/09/2010
03 11359 Health & Safety Code Held to Answer 11/09/2010
04 11378 Health & Safety Code Held to Answer 11/09/2010
05 11370.9(A) Health & Safety Code Held to Answer 11/09/2010
06 11377(A) Health & Safety Code Held to Answer 11/09/2010

Name:* CREECH , JOHN * LANZIE *
Case Number* XCNBA367995-01
Filed At*Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center
Filing Date*11/09/2010
General Jurisdiction
Count Charge Section Charge Statute Disposition Disposition Date
01 11351 Health & Safety Code Online data not available. Online data not available.
02 11352(A) Health & Safety Code Guilty/Convicted 02/27/2012
03 11359 Health & Safety Code Online data not available. Online data not available.
04 11378 Health & Safety Code Online data not available. Online data not available.
05 11370.9(A) Health & Safety Code Online data not available. Online data not available.
06 11377(A) Health & Safety Code Online data not available. Online data not available.

BBM & red by me.

Per California statutes here: All are drug related charges. Possession of controlled substances, possession with intent to sell, transport/import, sale of controlled, sale of MJ, receive/concealment of proceeds.

Conviction on:
11352. (a) Except as otherwise provided in this division, every
person who transports, imports into this state, sells, furnishes,
administers, or gives away, or offers to transport, import into this
state, sell, furnish, administer, or give away, or attempts to import
into this state or transport (1) any controlled substance specified
in subdivision (b), (c), or (e), or paragraph (1) of subdivision (f)
of Section 11054, specified in paragraph (14), (15), or (20) of
subdivision (d) of Section 11054, or specified in subdivision (b) or
(c) of Section 11055, or specified in subdivision (h) of Section
11056, or (2) any controlled substance classified in Schedule III,
IV, or V which is a narcotic drug, unless upon the written
prescription of a physician, dentist, podiatrist, or veterinarian
licensed to practice in this state, shall be punished by imprisonment
pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170 of the Penal Code for
three, four, or five years.

LE used "Lanzie" on his charges and conviction, too. This is the LA Superior Court website. (see top of post)

I am just not getting a vibe like this has anything to do with Gavin&#8230;I hope I am wrong.

Wow, I just realized how that sounded. I do not want Gavin to be dead. A part of me still thinks he is alive. But if he is dead and Creech is responsible or knows something about it, I hope it comes out and Creech or whoever is responsible, pays the penalty.

BTW, Evan is sending some more interesting tweets about how he is missing his dad and tired of people disappointing him.
http://twitter.com/evansmith22

Thanks, Jody!

That's so sad. :( Praying Gavin's family has answers soon.

Wow, I just realized how that sounded. I do not want Gavin to be dead. A part of me still thinks he is alive. But if he is dead and Creech is responsible or knows something about it, I hope it comes out and Creech or whoever is responsible, pays the penalty.

BTW, Evan is sending some more interesting tweets about how he is missing his dad and tired of people disappointing him.
http://twitter.com/evansmith22

Jody, what you had posted did not sound at all negative in-context; and more so it did not, considering your previous post on the same observation.

Thanks for the twitter info!

~jmo~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500