GUILTY CA - Gavin Smith, 57, Oak Park, 1 May 2012

Beastman, FYI: Since you're new here and in case you didn't notice -- You'll have to delete some messages from your mailbox or no one can contact you privately.

Authorities probing the disappearance of a Hollywood executive and former UCLA basketball player say foul play is being "strongly" considered, with a detective telling FoxNews.com elements in the case "are just not right."

John Creech, an admitted drug dealer, is now in police custody for an "unrelated matter," and has not been named a person of interest in the Smith case "at this point," the source said. He and his wife have retained a lawyer.

One of Smith's family members told FoxNews.com that he met Chandrika Creech while the two were in a drug rehabilitation program four years ago.
link

For those new to the case, the Creech home has been searched twice IRT Gavin's disappearance.

When the search of the home was conducted, Lt. Dave Dolson of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department homicide division said the warrant was one of several that have been served in the hunt for Smith.

Daniel Teola, an attorney for the Creeches, said this was the second time in a month that deputies had searched the house, but refused to discuss the case.
link

Daniel J. Teola, an attorney who represents the family, said John Creech was not home at the time of the search, but his wife and children and an elderly woman were there. He said the house had been previously searched about three weeks ago, by a smaller group of deputies.
link

I just saw this and was about to link it too, LOL

So, I wonder which is true: Was Gavin in rehab for an injury or drugs? Honestly, drugs does make more sense.

I know the wife and kids have been lying about everything being hunky dory, so I am thinking the quip about him being in for drugs didn't come from them. :waitasec:

A drug dealer's wife goes in to rehab for drug abuse…I wonder who convinced her to do that? LOL

Also, why would they bring in the swat team on the second visit to John's house? I wonder if they planted listening devices the first time around and heard something, causing them to come back in force?

I just saw this and was about to link it too, LOL

So, I wonder which is true: Was Gavin in rehab for an injury or drugs? Honestly, drugs does make more sense.

I know the wife and kids have been lying about everything being hunky dory, so I am thinking the quip about him being in for drugs didn't come from them. :waitasec:

A drug dealer's wife goes in to rehab for drug abuse…I wonder who convinced her to do that? LOL

Also, why would they bring in the swat team on the second visit to John's house? I wonder if they planted listening devices the first time around and heard something, causing them to come back in force?

I hadn't seen anything about rehab for an injury?

I haven't seen Gavin's family lie. I think they did avoid discussing any of Gavin's struggles or shortcomings. We've seen in other cases where some just won't look or care if they think badly of the individual missing. In fact, that may be one of the reasons fewer people visit this thread (in addition to missing men getting the least attn in general.) That's sad, as we all make mistakes and have things to work through. There can be gender stereotypes re: the missing, ie if it's a woman, first thought is foul play, whereas if it's a man, first thought is he ran off, for some. And any initial knowledge of affairs may cause some to be dismissive and uncaring.

Unfortunately in Gavin's case, it seems the evidence LE has leans away from voluntary or a reunion one day.

Yeah, it's good if Chandrika was seeking drug treatment, but it seems living with your drug dealer husband would impede recovery.

It is curious that we don't know more abt the first Creech home search. Could be they heard something?? I wonder how much force was used the first time? Or did they find something in the first that caused more caution in the second? Could just be that with all the gates, iron door, cameras outside, drug dealer status, and a missing person, a hard entry is safest??

I hadn't seen anything about rehab for an injury?

I haven't seen Gavin's family lie. I think they did avoid discussing any of Gavin's struggles or shortcomings. We've seen in other cases where some just won't look or care if they think badly of the individual missing. In fact, that may be one of the reasons fewer people visit this thread (in addition to missing men getting the least attn in general.) That's sad, as we all make mistakes and have things to work through. There can be gender stereotypes re: the missing, ie if it's a woman, first thought is foul play, whereas if it's a man, first thought is he ran off, for some. And any initial knowledge of affairs may cause some to be dismissive and uncaring.

Unfortunately in Gavin's case, it seems the evidence LE has leans away from voluntary or a reunion one day.

I've only been able to find articles that state "rehab therapy" so far. I guess my mind didn't go to drugs, so I just assumed it was for an injury since that is the only kind of rehab I have ever dealt with.

Yeah, it's good if Chandrika was seeking drug treatment, but it seems living with your drug dealer husband would impede recovery.

It is curious that we don't know more abt the first Creech home search. Could be they heard something?? I wonder how much force was used the first time? Or did they find something in the first that caused more caution in the second? Could just be that with all the gates, iron door, cameras outside, drug dealer status, and a missing person, a hard entry is safest??

I know I read somewhere that Gavin was in physical therapy or rehab for an injury, I will try and find it.

I can't believe there are no pictures of Gavin at that convention. I know they concentrate on celebrities the most, but you would think that the press would be able to find a few of him, since they can manage to dig up so many other things about people. I do hope the police have tracked down people who were there and spoke to them just to get a handle on Gavin's state of mind in April. Of course the person who could give a lot of info is the woman he was staying with since she was likely one of the last people to see Gavin alive.

I know I read somewhere that Gavin was in physical therapy or rehab for an injury, I will try and find it.

I can't believe there are no pictures of Gavin at that convention. I know they concentrate on celebrities the most, but you would think that the press would be able to find a few of him, since they can manage to dig up so many other things about people. I do hope the police have tracked down people who were there and spoke to them just to get a handle on Gavin's state of mind in April. Of course the person who could give a lot of info is the woman he was staying with since she was likely one of the last people to see Gavin alive.

I don't know about pictures-- if you are in an industry that has a lot of conventions (we aren't talking fun ones like ComicCon or anything) there are only a few photo op type pictures taken. For example: the keynote speaker, some one who wins an award, etc. At most conventions it is just business as usual and they don't hire people to run around taking photos. And professionals don't walk around taking photos of their colleagues...JMO.

My guess is that LE is playing this close to the vest and they probably have a lot of good intel about what happened to Gavin.

(snipped)

Thanks, Jody!

iirc, mentions were made of "therapy" but they did not specify the nature of the therapy. I had thought, perhaps wrongly, that such therapy was more of a psychological nature rather than physical.

To me, it would be more likely that the two met during "psychological" therapy sessions rather than at a facility while waiting for an appointment for physical therapy.

Waiting for your search results, and TIA for doing that work!

~jmo~

(snipped)

Thanks, Jody!

iirc, mentions were made of "therapy" but they did not specify the nature of the therapy. I had thought, perhaps wrongly, that such therapy was more of a psychological nature rather than physical.

To me, it would be more likely that the two met during "psychological" therapy sessions rather than at a facility while waiting for an appointment for physical therapy.

Waiting for your search results, and TIA for doing that work!

~jmo~

I had updated my post with my findings, but it is gone. All I can find now are articles with "rehab therapy." I guess I took that to mean physical rehab. Sorry to hear that it could very well be drug rehab. If so, that had to be hard on their marriage. Cheating, drugs and now this.

Pretty sure the answer to this is "no," but just want to double-check: Has LE released security-cam footage of Gavin's car in Sylmar -- or anywhere else -- on the night of his disappearance, or indicated that such footage exists? A glimpse of the car passing in front of a business, at a gas station, going through an intersection, etc.?

If the Sylmar streets roll up early (a previous post indicated things are closed before midnight), it should be easy to spot the car -- unless the area is more like a freeway and less like a business route.

I realize LE is under no obligation to release anything. Just curious.

Pretty sure the answer to this is "no," but just want to double-check: Has LE released security-cam footage of Gavin's car in Sylmar -- or anywhere else -- on the night of his disappearance, or indicated that such footage exists? A glimpse of the car passing in front of a business, at a gas station, going through an intersection, etc.?

If the Sylmar streets roll up early (a previous post indicated things are closed before midnight), it should be easy to spot the car -- unless the area is more like a freeway and less like a business route.

I realize LE is under no obligation to release anything. Just curious.

The answer is no. I for one would love to see some footage of him on his way to Sylmar. There has to be footage if the traffic light cameras were working, recording and hadn't been recorded over. The trip was mostly freeway driving, but you would think there would be footage somewhere if it was ever asked for.

I for one would love to see some footage of him on his way to Sylmar.

Respectfully snipped by me.

One of the things I was wondering is, if there's no footage definitively tying the car to Sylmar -- and if the "pings" near Sylmar came from a cell phone and not a GPS -- it's possible that what was actually in/near Sylmar was (1) Gavin (in possession of his phone but not his car) or (2) Gavin's phone (in someone else's possession).

One of the things I was wondering is, if there's no footage definitively tying the car to Sylmar -- and if the "pings" near Sylmar came from a cell phone and not a GPS -- it's possible that what was actually in/near Sylmar was (1) Gavin (in possession of his phone but not his car) or (2) Gavin's phone (in someone else's possession).

yeah, I have thought the same thing, but I always get stumped on why the car hasn't been found or why Gavin hasn't been found. If it was a carjacking, the perp usually leaves the person dead or alive in the street. The car can easily be chopped up for parts or hidden.

This is why I still think there is a chance Gavin is alive and in Mexico. I go back and forth with him being alive, then dead like a ping pong ball.

Evan's tweets at times just sound like he is angry at his father. It is very possible to be angry at a dead man, but I just get the feeling Evan might not think Gavin is dead.

I had updated my post with my findings, but it is gone. All I can find now are articles with "rehab therapy." I guess I took that to mean physical rehab. Sorry to hear that it could very well be drug rehab. If so, that had to be hard on their marriage. Cheating, drugs and now this.

Oh, sorry that your updates are gone.

To me, "rehab therapy" could suggest physical or substance-related.

When I mentioned "psychological" therapy, I was thinking more in terms of the Group alternative to Individual counseling, not drugs. Examples might include self-improvement, increased self-awareness, relationship/interaction issues, and the like.

~jmo~

Oh, sorry that your updates are gone.

To me, "rehab therapy" could suggest physical or substance-related.

When I mentioned "psychological" therapy, I was thinking more in terms of the Group alternative to Individual counseling, not drugs. Examples might include self-improvement, increased self-awareness, relationship/interaction issues, and the like.

~jmo~

Yeah, I thought it had to be some sort of group rehab too. I can't see them meeting in a psychiatrists office waiting room and that leading to an affair….unless he moves really fast. LOL

All I can say is it sounds like Lisa has been the long suffering wife for quite some time now.

yeah, I have thought the same thing, but I always get stumped on why the car hasn't been found or why Gavin hasn't been found. If it was a carjacking, the perp usually leaves the person dead or alive in the street. The car can easily be chopped up for parts or hidden..

I haven't really been following this case, but today I said I had to write down license-do you know how many black MB are in this area? I always check out who's driving one if I can. I live in Chatsworth, but have rental house and family both about a mile from Smith's WH home. I'm over in that area a couple times a week.

Not far from Sylmar in Sunland, there are a bunch of auto salvage yards. They're pick our own parts and an experience if you haven't been to one. In Sylmar and surrounding areas are tons of auto shops, some not as noticeable as others.

I wish we knew which tower cell pinged off of, actually, I'd like to see a map of all pings that night. There is a lot of open, dense with brush area from where he started to where his cell last pinged.

I haven't seen any flyers at all, it struck me today. I asked my renter about it and she didn't have a clue about a missing person so close to her. Sadly, I think he's deceased, but have to hope he's alive.

I haven't really been following this case, but today I said I had to write down license-do you know how many black MB are in this area? I always check out who's driving one if I can. I live in Chatsworth, but have rental house and family both about a mile from Smith's WH home. I'm over in that area a couple times a week.

Not far from Sylmar in Sunland, there are a bunch of auto salvage yards. They're pick our own parts and an experience if you haven't been to one. In Sylmar and surrounding areas are tons of auto shops, some not as noticeable as others.

I wish we knew which tower cell pinged off of, actually, I'd like to see a map of all pings that night. There is a lot of open, dense with brush area from where he started to where his cell last pinged.

I haven't seen any flyers at all, it struck me today. I asked my renter about it and she didn't have a clue about a missing person so close to her. Sadly, I think he's deceased, but have to hope he's alive.

Welcome to Gavin's thread! :)

Yep, my husband drives a black MBZ sedan and is often on the 101 thru the Valley...LOTS of cars fitting the description are around Southern CA.

I know about Pick-a-part in San Berdo because friend visits one frequently. Such establishments are so much better than an auto parts junkyard for the buyer looking for a specific part. I wonder if Chop Shops dump their "unused" parts there too.

How distressing that no flyers are up in the area, if they ever were posted in the first place.

~jmo~

I would hope that a reputable auto salvage yard would follow the proper procedures-like checking the VIN number and license plate on the car and having the title to the vehicle-before accepting a vehicle. I also hope the cops have checked all these yards for Gavin's car.

Looks like Lisa has taken the house off the market.
http://www.movoto.com/real-estate/homes-for-sale/CA/West-Hills/6668-Daryn-Dr-203_F12053565.htm

Don't know what that means, except maybe she realized it would be impossible to sell it with Gavin not around to sign the closing docs, and no buyer is going to be willing to deal with the red tape it would take to get it sold. I do believe she was asking way too much for it, but maybe not for that area of California.

BTW, whoever took those pics did a terrible job, with the exception of showing the pool.

I had insomnia last night so I looked at Evan's twitter postings all the way back to August 2011. From the sound of the tweets, the family has been going through some pretty tough times for the last year, at least. I know one of Gavin's friends has said as much already. I think he said they have been having problems for several years. No wonder if Gavin has been cheating with that Chandrika woman on and off since 2008.

I do feel sorry for Lisa. She has to be strong; I would have collapsed by now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back