GUILTY CA - Gavin Smith, 57, Oak Park, 1 May 2012

I just wonder how Lisa is getting along. Surely the studio is not still paying Gavin's salary after all these months. I don't even know if she could get at his retirement. I feel really sorry for her being in limbo like this, it just has to be horrible.

Hopefully they have some sort of savings account somewhere. I think it would take a long time to be granted access to retirement accounts, etc.

Evan has another cryptic message on his Twitter.

When you love someone, you never abandon them…..ever.

I guess that could mean just about anything. But I swear, when he puts stuff like that up, it sure makes me believe he thinks or knows his father is alive and ran out on the family.

Or it could mean he won't stop looking for his father.

Or it could mean he won't stop looking for his father.

yeah you are right, it just seems funny that Evan seldom mentions his dad. He seems to tweet about everything else, and use a lot of codes, but for someone who has a father that is missing, there just isn't that many affectionate tweets directed toward his dad.

Most, if not all, the news reports have said that Gavin and Chandrika met in some unspecified type of therapy ... here is a Fox news report published on August 02, 2012 which actually mentioned what kind of therapy it was ...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/0...disappearance-fox-executive-gavin-smith/print

"Another source close to the case told The Los Angeles Times that Smith was having an
affair with Chandrika Creech. One of Smith's family members told FoxNews.com that
he met Chandrika Creech while the two were in a drug rehabilitation program four years ago".

So if Gavin was in drug therapy, it can logically be inferred that he had a long standing relationship with drugs ... and therefore that may have contributed to some money problems.

In today;s latest article, a new piece of info for me, is that even though
John Creech sits in jail & is easily accessible to LE, he has NEVER yet
been questioned about the missing status of Gavin Smith !

So this would seem to corroborate, that the June 2012 search of his home, car & computer
contained absolutely NO leads about Gavin for them to follow up on.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gavin-smith-missing-fox-exec-369719

`Teola notes that his client was not questioned by police and has not been contacted by the investigators since his house was searched. "I'm just letting sleeping dogs lie; they haven't asked me anything, requested anything," says Teola'.

Something tells me Lisa might be afraid that there might be pictures or notes from Chandrika in Gavin's belongings.

I am under the impression that 'Hollywood Reporter' is an ok source to post info from based on prior posts, but if not I apologize. :please:

America's Most Wanted to Air Feature on Missing Fox Exec Gavin Smith

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/americas-most-wanted-gavin-smith-missing-371740

Snipped by yours truly from above link:

“The sheriff's office has not really spoken out in detail publicly about this case, but the good news is we are dealing directly with the investigators assigned to the case — they are ready to talk a little bit more about it,” says Hartmann, adding that AMW is still conducting interviews and researching the disappearance of the studio exec.

Set to air in Oct

I hope this helps. I also hope they do interviews and not reenactments. I hate those. It would be nice to hear from the cops if they are willing to talk more about the case.

John Creech court case delayed again with new sentencing date of 25 Sep 2012

Anybody heard anything about today's court hearing for John Creech ?
I haven't been able to find anything on line yet.

Anybody heard anything about today's court hearing for John Creech ?
I haven't been able to find anything on line yet.

In my recent experience (another case), lasd does not update until evening the results of proceedings on a given day, sometimes so late as 8 pm Pacific.

~jmo~

John Creech court case delayed again with new sentencing date of 25 Sep 2012

As of 26 Sep 2012 here is what LASD is reporting about John Creech ...

Case No.: BA36799501
Court Name:
Court Address:
Court City:
Bail Amount: NO BAIL
Fine Amount: .00
Court Date: 09/25/2012
Sentence Date:
Number of days Sentenced: 0
Disposition Code:
Disposition Description:

Anybody know what happened on yesterday's court date ?

As of 26 Sep 2012 here is what LASD is reporting about John Creech ...{snipped for space}
Anybody know what happened on yesterday's court date ?

The info was late in updating. Finally, the data is on the page:

Case No.: BA36799501

Court Name: L A SUPERIOR COURT DEPT 126
Court Address: 210 W. TEMPLE STREET Court City: LOS ANGELESUPT

Bail Amount: 0 Fine Amount: .00

Court Date: 09/25/2012 Sentence Date: 09/25/2012 Number of days Sentenced: 2920

Disposition Code: SENT Disposition Description: CASE ADJUDICATED

Projected Release Date: 05/22/2016

Source: lasd.org Records

Wow, he got a long sentence. However he probably will only serve 1/3 of that unless it's a federal sentence.

Weird how things worked out. Lisa lost Gavin to whatever and wherever, then Gavin's girlfriend loses her own husband to prison.

Wow, he got a long sentence. However he probably will only serve 1/3 of that unless it's a federal sentence

Well the 2920 days translates to an 8 year sentence but it looks like they have
already cut that in half by giving him a projected release date in less than 4 years.

Didn't see ANY news reports about his sentence. Just another drug crime,
<modsnip>.
Wonder how much his wife might have been involved though.

Well the 2920 days translates to an 8 year sentence but it looks like they have
already cut that in half by giving him a projected release date in less than 4 years.

Didn't see ANY news reports about his sentence. Just another drug crime,
<modsnip>.
Wonder how much his wife might have been involved though.

I'm really out of the loop, when and how did this happen? Thanks!

Was something said officially about John not being a suspect&#8230;..or for that matter was it ever said officially that he was a suspect?

I'm really out of the loop, when and how did this happen? Thanks!

Look at my message #587 where I quoted an article which said that that for all the summer months
John Creech has been sitting in jail, the police CHOSE to NEVER interview or question him about
the missing status of Gavin Smith.

Was something said officially about John not being a suspect
&#8230;..or for that matter was it ever said officially that he was a suspect?

You are correct ... John Creech was never officially named a suspect in the missing case of Gavin Smith.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back