GUILTY CA - Genelle Conway-Allen, 13, found strangled in Fairfield park, 31 Jan 2013

Found a block from her old school:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Fairfield-police-seek-killer-of-13-year-old-girl-4246210.php

itsreenw - do you have any sort of media watchdog? I'd report that Fox woman. Outrageous behaviour.
BBM...hmmm, so she went to elementary school by the park? Sheldon is down the street. The backside of Allan Witt Park is actually across the street from the school. I wonder if she went back to her old neighborhood to visit.

I emailed the station manager and sent the series of events to other local stations. No calls so far. I can't believe how far she went to get a story. On the other hand, I am glad we learned that our son thought that a lady with a pen and pad, calling herself a reporter was not considered a stranger. The camera crew wasn't at our house but I saw her later on the news reporting on the story.

That article says they are looking at surrounding businesses for their video cams. I bet they will be able to see the car since it was at 5 am-ish. Not that many other cars out and so maybe they can get a tag #.
There are cameras in the parking lot. Wolf Dreamer's info that she went to Sheldon Elementary school before she started middle school, makes me wonder if her family still lives in that area. I wonder if she wanted to go see her family/friends and caught the bus back to her old neighborhood instead of to the foster home she lived in. Or if someone she knew picked her up from school.

This is an aerial pic of the park and surrounding area:
http://www.fairfield.ca.gov/gov/depts/pw/parks/parks/allan_witt_community_park.asp

About to talk to our son again and find out EXACTLY what happened with Marin Austin.

About to talk to our son again and find out EXACTLY what happened with Marin Austin.

Please do. lol But don't be too hard on him. It was a learning experience. And she was very persuasive because it is her job to be like that. Not an even match with an 11 yr old boy, especially one who was trying to do the 'right thing.' She probably made it seem like he was helping with the case. kwim?

We talked to our son. The reporter told them 'a girl was found in the park'. "A" had heard that a girl was missing the day before. He didn't know she was dead. I just emailed the News Director of KTXL. I'll keep you all posted.

So, it was confirmed on the news that the victim was strangled. I'm really wondering why she hasn't been named publicly yet. They said her guardian reported her missing and because she was in foster care they were having trouble notifying next of kin. Why??? Where did they go? As I said before, the grandmother started a FB page when she was just 'missing' so she should be easy to reach. Unless Grandma was the Foster care and they can't find her parents.

Something else that caught my attention was that a witness saw a man get out of a car and stand there staring at the ground where the girl was found. Assuming this was the suspect, Why would he linger? Was he feeling remorseful? IMO, if he had no connection to her he would've dumped her body on the other side of Hwy 12, which is in the industrial area and kept going. Its almost like he wanted her to be found quickly. There are many areas in that area that would've been more discreet.

And there was nothing on the body to indicate trauma but they determined she was strangled. Did she not fight back? Was she drugged?

I'm sure when the kids go back to school tomorrow we will know a lot more. News travels fast. Bad news travels faster.

I'll try to run over to Allen Witt tomorrow and take pics so you can see the where she was left and why it was so risky.

I hope the witnesses got a good look at the guy. Or at least can describe the car. They have to get this guy off the streets.

I hope that the cameras in the park captured the car.

<snipped for space>

When "A' told us he'd gotten a ride home from someone and a reporter was outside waiting for him, we about died. My bf, "V", a police officer, went outside to deal with the reporter and find out what man "A" had gotten into the car with. The man was gone. "A" said it was his friend's dad. (Not ok).

The reporter was waiting across the street. When "V" got outside he asked her name and to see her credentials. She said "Why?". He said 'lady are you effin kidding me?" She saw nothing wrong with her actions and when "V" started walking toward her, she started walking backwards and had the nerve to say "I don't feel comfortable with you". He told her she had nothing to fear and told her he was a police officer. He reminded her that she had talked to our son without permission, urged him to get in the car with a stranger and was sitting outside our home, waiting for our child to come out with another minor's phone #.

I'm furious with her actions and shocked that our son was so trusting because she was a 'tv reporter'. I will identify her if its ok with the mods.

That is horrible! Good for you both for at least making this "tv reporter" think. Sounds like your son did the right thing(s) in a very confusing situation.

This case is new to me, just popped up on my local news feed... I'm watching the "breaking news" release right now, it's what caused me to find this thread. So sad. Poor girl. It does remind me a bit of that story last year (mentioned earlier in the thread I think?) of the girl killed and abandoned in a park in Rancho Cordova, outside of Sacramento. The background circumstances seem pretty different so it may not be related, but it is pretty strange.

I hope they can find who did this to her, and get them off the street to protect other kids!

Poor sweetie - bounced around from place to place. Sounds like she never stood a chance at a living normal home life with loving parents. She deserved much more than the horrible ending she endured. RIP Lovely one.

Way to go law enforcement. Just read about it @ SF Gate.

I wonder if this guy was around at the other case we discussed above? It looks like leaving 13 yr olds dead in the park is his thing. :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back