GUILTY CA - Genelle Conway-Allen, 13, found strangled in Fairfield park, 31 Jan 2013

The suspect was arrested on the 1100 block of E. Tabor Ave. That is a few blocks from where Genelle got off the bus at the intersection of E. Tabor Ave and Grande Circle. The bus stop is in front of a convenience store that kids frequent after school.

Jones, 32, of Fairfield, was arrested around 7 a.m. Friday in the 1100 block of East Tabor Avenue in Fairfield, Fairfield police Sgt. Matthew Bloesch said. Police have not said how the Suisun City teen died, but said they believe Jones acted alone.
http://napavalleyregister.com/news/local/a5a4f482-7247-11e2-a40c-0019bb2963f4.html

Coincidentally (or not) Grange Middle School is at the corner of the 1000 block of E. Tabor and Blossom Ave. (this is not the school she attended)

The LEO's involved - my hat's off to them for a hasty arrest!

Poor Genelle, poor little girl, Rest In Peace.

itsreenw --- you could have that woman's job for what she did to your son. You should write to her boss and tell 'em what all happened, and that you are considering laying charges. That'll get his attention. She put your son at RISK while a child murderer was on the loose in the area! And has no business in that job, if she'll risk a child's safety and well being just to get a scoop.

Disgusting.

eta: SORRY, didn't see where you'd said you emailed them already. I hope she's fired.

The LEO's involved - my hat's off to them for a hasty arrest!

Poor Genelle, poor little girl, Rest In Peace.

itsreenw --- you could have that woman's job for what she did to your son. You should write to her boss and tell 'em what all happened, and that you are considering laying charges. That'll get his attention. She put your son at RISK while a child murderer was on the loose in the area! And has no business in that job, if she'll risk a child's safety and well being just to get a scoop.

Disgusting.

eta: SORRY, didn't see where you'd said you emailed them already. I hope she's fired.
I forgot to give you all an update. Jerry Del Cor, the GM of KTXL Fox 40 and the News Director, Brandon Mercer called me after they read my email in an effort to do some damage control. They were very apologetic and said they met with Marin Austin earlier that morning. They didn't say what if any adverse action she faced at work but they said the incident caused them to make some procedural changes.

Later that day, Brandon Mercer called me back with Marin on the line. She apologized and said..."I'm young and I don't have any kids so I just didn't think about it. But I talked to my mom and she said you were right"...

So I talked to her in my most condescending tone and gave her the 'this is why you don't talk to strangers' speech. Then I gave her my fiancé's cell # and told her she needed to apologize to him. "A" was with his bio mom or I would have had her apologize to him, too. When I told him the news station called us he thought that was the coolest thing ever.

Thanks WS family for caring. Hugs to you all.

BTW, There was a different reporter from Fox 40 in town today to cover the story.

I've been following this case since precious Genelle was reported missing. I'm so relieved and proud that this sicko was caught so early. More so, glad he's was just a dumbass and left plenty of evidence to be tracked so he couldn't harm another precious child. Blessings to Genelle Renee Conway-Allen, God's angel. And to Anthony Lamar Jones, a demon walking on Earth, you'll soon return to home to rot in hell.

I wonder if his child and Genelle were friends and she felt comfortable enough to get in the car with him alone:

Comment by a poster:
[
Tns

11:27 pm on Friday, February 8, 2013
I don't think he did it that's my friends dad I knew him every since elementary school I don't think he did it n the cops beat my friend up the other day bcus they thought he did it you can't trust Fairfield n suits in cops there the dumbest cops in the world/QUOTE]
http://suisuncity.patch.com/article...ke-arrest-in-suisun-city-girl-s-homicide-case

Just glad they made an arrest so quickly; from comments it seems as if they suspected him very early on, maybe the guy who saw the car was able to give them a plate/description.

RIP Genelle

Glad they got him so quickly. I wonder if she was his first victim, or if there were others.

It's been a year since Jessica Funk Haslam was found dead in a ball field dugout just yards from her middle school in Rosemont, a community outside of Sacramento, CA. LE has not identified who killed her and why.

There is an article in The Sacramento Bee, however I haven't pullied the online edition for a copy to post. There is a vigil tonight at Rosemont Community Park

No doubt LE has questioned the killer of G in regard to JH's murder. Jessica, 13yo, was strangled, beaten, and stabbed in the neck. Fairfield and Sacramento are about a 45 min drive apart, 43 mi.

http://www.thereporter.com/crimebea...hearing-into-suisun-city-teenagers-death-2013

Eric May was walking through Allan Witt park in the early morning hours of Feb. 1, 2013, when he made the startling discovery of Genelle Conway-Allen's lifeless body. Still dark outside in the pre-dawn hour, May having seen a Fairfield police cruiser drive through minutes earlier, set off running in its direction to flag the officer down.

"It's like the closer I got, the realer it looked," May testified.

May's testimony came during the first day of a probable cause hearing in Solano County Superior Court for murder defendant Anthony Lemar Jones, 33, who is accused of Genelle's death.

Fly with the angels, Genelle ! You did not deserve this. :(
May justice be harsh and swift !

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_26875216/hearing-fairfield-man-accused-teen-x2019-s-slaying

Expert medical testimony on Tuesday dominated what is shaping up to be a lengthy court hearing into the 2013 death of a teenage girl from Suisun City...

The hearing has so far focused on the cause and manner of death of Genelle, a 13-year-old girl from Suisun City, and is expected to move into the law enforcement investigation into Fairfield resident Anthony Lemar Jones, who is charged by prosecutors in connection with her death.

From June:

http://www.thereporter.com/general-...ers-2013-strangulation-death-appears-in-court

In April, Solano County prosecutors announced they would seek the death penalty against murder defendant Anthony Lemar Jones... On Tuesday, attorneys asked to return to court Aug. 24 when they would be prepared to set a trial date...

Fairfield police detectives, using city-owned surveillance camera footage near East Tabor Avenue, were led to a suspect vehicle in the days following Genelle’s death. A surveillance camera owned by a local business near Allan Witt Park also provided detectives with a glimpse of a suspect vehicle entering the south entrance to the park, eventually stopping near the crime scene...

Further, it was noted that her neck had the impression of ligature marks, and her wrists had tape residue on them as if her hands had been bound. The initial cause of death was homicide by strangulation... A DNA expert testified that Jones’ DNA was present on the swabs taken during Genelle’s autopsy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back