CA CA - Georgia Moses, 12, strangled, Petaluma, 13 Aug 1997

Petaluma's Georgia Moses memorial relocated due to freeway work

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/2...ses-memorial-relocated?ref=related&artslide=0

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

:bump:

Such a very sad and tragic story! Breaks my heart! In the last picture you can tell she had to grow up fast. Her eyes tell a sad story. What a sweet kid to take care of her mother and sister for so long! Such a tragic ending to a precious life. As I was reading and looking at all the links, I saw where they had formed a small village for foster kids who had siblings to live together and even had apartments for elderly adults to stay to serve as grandparents to the foster kids. It was closed down eventually but what a grand idea it was! I wish I could form something like that! I can't believe that the government didn't step in and help with the costs. I think there should be several of these type of "villages" in each state to help give this children a safe and more normal life. I wouldn't mind the extra taxes to fund it! I do hope they find the monster who did this crime! Rest in Peace sweet Georgia!

Such a very sad and tragic story! Breaks my heart! In the last picture you can tell she had to grow up fast. Her eyes tell a sad story. What a sweet kid to take care of her mother and sister for so long! Such a tragic ending to a precious life. As I was reading and looking at all the links, I saw where they had formed a small village for foster kids who had siblings to live together and even had apartments for elderly adults to stay to serve as grandparents to the foster kids. It was closed down eventually but what a grand idea it was! I wish I could form something like that! I can't believe that the government didn't step in and help with the costs. I think there should be several of these type of "villages" in each state to help give this children a safe and more normal life. I wouldn't mind the extra taxes to fund it! I do hope they find the monster who did this crime! Rest in Peace sweet Georgia!

Wow, what a brilliant idea! Add in some inadoptable shelter animals and this would solve so very many issues we have in this country.

Just popping in to say that John Mark Karr (yeah, I know...sigh) was questioned about this. No need for anyone to comment. I know he is longer than a long shot.

Don't know if this is relevant, but the Jack in the Box Georgia disappeared from is right across the street from the Greyhound station. A transient murderer?

I am so happy to see Georgia's story!!! We have not forgotten you Georgia.

Remembering the victim of Petaluma’s sad unsolved murder

Her name was Georgia Lee Moses.

But no one knew that yet.

When her body was found in a grove of trees in South Petaluma, on August 22, 1997, almost no one even knew she’d been missing. The troubled 12-year-old African-American Santa Rosa girl had disappeared from her Santa Rosa home on August 13, but no mention of her absence appeared in local papers until after the body had been tentatively identified. By the time we all learned her name, she was already long dead, her (presumed) kidnapping and subsequent murder a crime that remains unsolved to this day.
http://www.petaluma360.com/entertainment/7334440-181/remembering-the-victim-of-petalumas?artslide=0

The true crime podcast I listen to (My Favorite Murder) mentioned this case in one of their episodes. I'm glad to see that she has a thread on here. Did they find any physical evidence where her body was found? DNA or hair or anything? Hopefully something that can be put into a database and give some kind of direction in her case.

We will never forget Georgia and we will continue to seek the truth and demand justice. Any detectives that have worked on this case or are interested in a documentary podcast? This year we are determined to get answers for our dear friend.

Attachments

• IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 30
We will never forget Georgia and we will continue to seek the truth and demand justice. Any detectives that have worked on this case or are interested in a documentary podcast? This year we are determined to get answers for our dear friend.

"welcome" It is good to have you here! I pray Georgia sees justice soon!

Flowergirl,
I thank you for this post I have looked for something on this case since I joined last year. I personally however believe that Eddie Pope may not have been the perpetrator here, I believe that the perpetrator may be another active Sex Offender in the area at that time by the name of Gary Cassano. I personally know that Cassano will never be able to defend himself in this claim but I also know that he was sentenced to 17 years in prison for a rape murder and a sexual crime with another youth.
I also remember this case from when it happened because I am also from the area of this crime.
Thanks again,
Bagger

I knew georgia as i was the last person to see her alive she was my best friend. I also knew gary cassano and after finding out his past about prison the man i knew as "uncle" became a man i had no respect for. Not a day goes by that i dont think about georgia. She was like my sister i remember the last day i seen here i had walked her to the gas station on the corner of dutton n Sebastopol rd where she met a man she left with him to go to a party. She asked if i wanted to go and my mom said no. If my mom would have let me maybe i could of saved her. If there is any more news on her n the person who ended her life i would like to know. Much love for you always georgia...

She did not get on a bus. I was the friend whos house she was at. I was the last person to see her alive. I was the friend she called that night. She was my best friend n i miss her everyday n still think of her all these years later looking up n hoping to find someone was arrested. Any information u have would be nice. I also knew the man gary cassano we called him "uncle" . we didnt know about his past until years later. He was not a good man he was a monster.

Hi everyone. I actually found this page last year. At the time, I couldn’t bring myself to respond. I want to first thank everyone for their interest in keeping Georgia’s memory alive. I am the little sister that is referenced in the news articles. It deeply saddens me that more than 20 years later her case still remains unsolved. If anyone has ANY information, I pray they will come forward with it. I believe in God and His wonders. I have faith that her case will be solved and my family can have some closure from this. Here’s to justice for my sister and never giving up. I love you Georgia.

Praying for Georgia’s case to be solved so her family and friends can have closure. We will find justice for our dear friend. We are posting a new flyer in the Bay Area. I really hope that anyone who knew her comes forward to reinterview. I read that the man she met up with was from San Francisco, perhaps Marin City? I really
wonder if the man was 6’3” seems pretty tall. Updated flyer, please share.

Attachments

• 26637FBA-F4E4-4EC2-BB1A-669505861531.jpeg
    26637FBA-F4E4-4EC2-BB1A-669505861531.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 23
First let me preface my post with stating I am NOT advertising my podcast, I don’t ever have to mention the name of it. I am a very new and novice podcaster, however I am a Bay Area native and came across Georgia’a story in some research. My heart hurt at how little information there is on the case. As a mom Of a 12 year old now, it made it more heartbreaking... what I am asking for is information on her and her story and any information you have about the day she went missing and any of the suspects. I will not be doing a full series on her, but I do want to do an episode on her to raise awareness and to hopefully bring attention to this case and the active petition that was just posted. Any information is helpful.... you can remain anonymous, you can have your name mentioned... whatever works. I just want to make sure that Georgia gets her story told. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing more about Georgia.

Flowergirl,
I thank you for this post I have looked for something on this case since I joined last year. I personally however believe that Eddie Pope may not have been the perpetrator here, I believe that the perpetrator may be another active Sex Offender in the area at that time by the name of Gary Cassano. I personally know that Cassano will never be able to defend himself in this claim but I also know that he was sentenced to 17 years in prison for a rape murder and a sexual crime with another youth.
I also remember this case from when it happened because I am also from the area of this crime.
Thanks again,
Bagger

Hey - I know this is a few years back now, but can you give me a little more information about Gary Cassano and why you believe it could be him?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back