CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something occurred to me.
Usually in these missing child cases, the police say "we've had 1,000 sightings or leads" or whatever. (or not?)
But I haven't heard a word about any sightings of Hasanni.
Maybe this is an odd observation!! (I"m tired...LOL) At the time it popped into my head it seemed brilliant, LOL.

Thank you kindly, Columbo, for the information and the photos. For those of us so far away, it gives a much clearer idea of location and makes it much easier to follow the details. :blowkiss:

You are welcome! I'm glad my pictures helped!

Something occurred to me.
Usually in these missing child cases, the police say "we've had 1,000 sightings or leads" or whatever. (or not?)
But I haven't heard a word about any sightings of Hasanni.
Maybe this is an odd observation!! (I"m tired...LOL) At the time it popped into my head it seemed brilliant, LOL.

Good question! Have LE indicated that they have received any tips or leads?

Yup, one and the same. Did you notice on the map you posted how barren the area off the tip of Winton headed to the shoreline looks?
LE took LWR back to the salvage yard yesterday....now this morning they're searching the shoreline next door. Not good IMO.
This seems to be leading up to be exactly what I've thought ~ that he never was in the car at the store. If LE is searching these places near where LWR was that day, it means they don't believe him, so why are they counting on him giving them information about the salvage yard? :waitasec: MOO

He just seems so careless and self-serving. IF what happened really did happen --

We have a father who left his two children, a baby and a handicapped child - wearing a sweatsuit on a California summer afternoon - alone in a hot car while he tooled around the salvage yard, then preceeded to leave his young handicapped child alone in an alley - in the hot car or not - to go around two corners and leave him unsupervised for a few minutes.

IF it turns out he or JC had nothing to do with Hassani's disappearance, I sure hope those kids are taken away and given to a family that will properly care for them!
I haven't googled to find the temperature that day, but I can't imagine why Hassani would be dressed in a sweatsuit in August. I so agree with you about leaving the children in the car while he was at the salvage yard ~ and I doubt it was just for a few minutes. They both could've died from the heat alone. Also it's just plain negligent to leave two small children in a car! :mad: MOO

Maybe somebody befriended Hassani at the junk yard and followed them to the store or knew they were headed to the store (5 year olds can divulge a fair amount of information to strangers).
Although I have an issue with the childcare arrangement/beemer thing, I am not leaning towards Louis at this point unless LE comes out with some major contradictions regarding what happened vs what Louis has said.

You're welcome...you know, there is SO much visibility, with that one store on the corner being empty and having HUGE plate glass windows, and it's just steps from Shuz...he could have seen through those windows to Harwood--unless the abductor ran up Harwood in the opposite direction away from College. Plus, that business which is right next to the alley, I'm sure someone would have looked up if they heard a commotion and they could have looked out the windows, too. It just seems so unlikely that anyone could have taken Hasanni and not be seen.

WOW --good point, Angel Who Cares! maybe it was just the baby, alone in the car at the junkyard, and she would have been crying and upset because of whatever LR did to Hasanni. Oh, I hate to think about it...
This is what I can't understand about the "abduction" being in that alley in just the couple of minutes he was going to the store. Too many windows look into the alley and too much of a chance of the perp being seen. I don't think Hassani was ever there that day. Too coincidental for me too that of all days for him to be running late without any time to stop to call her like he "usually" did that Hassani is snatched. I just don't believe it. MOO

Maybe somebody befriended Hassani at the junk yard and followed them to the store or knew they were headed to the store (5 year olds can divulge a fair amount of information to strangers).
Although I have an issue with the childcare arrangement/beemer thing, I am not leaning towards Louis at this point unless LE comes out with some major contradictions regarding what happened vs what Louis has said.
If somebody who wanted to kidnap a child met Hassani while dad was rummaging through auto parts, why didn't that person just take him then instead of following them miles to the store? :waitasec: MOO

Search continues for Hasanni Campbell
About 100 volunteers searched for a missing disabled boy on Saturday. Hasanni Campbell was last seen Monday in the Rockridge district of Oakland. Efforts to find him have taken investigators all over the East Bay.
Saturday, August 15, 2009 | 5:25 PM
<snipped>
The latest point of interest has been the Coyote Hills Regional Park in Fremont. The area crews were searching was only about a half-mile from Hasanni's house, but far from the parking lot in Oakland where he is said to have disappeared on Monday. Crews searched the park from about 9 a.m. Saturday until 5 p.m. but they came up with nothing.

The volunteers spent most of the day searching through high brush at the park and marshlands in Hayward for any sign of the missing 5-year-old. Police say investigative leads led them to the search areas but they would not be any more specific.

"These weren't our most likely leads but now that we've pretty much saturated the area of disappearance, we're branching out to some of the less likely scenarios," said Oakland police Sgt. Raymond Backman.

On Saturday the family was not involved in the search.

"We are not actively soliciting their help they are dealing with enough right now so we're trying to limiting their involvement, particularly because the areas we're searching today, there's a lot of hazards," Backman explained.

The sight of search dogs surprised many who visited Coyote Hills Saturday afternoon.
"It's sad and shocking. I had no idea. I come to the park mostly once or twice a week for my walk. I just saw some activity and I was curious," said park visitor Gurjit Randhawa.

"We feel really sorry for that boy. It's really safe here," said Lizhen Wu.
With the days ticking by searchers know time is not on their side.

"The statistics show having a successful location of the victim without harm greatly diminishes. We're certainly acutely aware of that," Backman said.

Neigbors of Hasanni's step father say they have not seen anyone at the house in the last couple of days. Oakland police say it is back to the drawing board as far as where to begin searching next.

Article:
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6967132

:angel:

This seems to be leading up to be exactly what I've thought ~ that he never was in the car at the store. If LE is searching these places near where LWR was that day, it means they don't believe him, so why are they counting on him giving them information about the salvage yard? :waitasec: MOO

I think they may be leading him on, letting him get comfortable...give him enough slack and he will hang himself (so to speak). Just an idea...

Adding, another thing I noticed is for example, in the search at the salvage yard, the media says "he had his 2 children with him when he was there"--sort of going along with his story --while I'm thinking, like others, that only the baby was with him and Hasanni was already gone. What I'm trying to say is, LE is giving no indication that they are not buying into his story.

If somebody who wanted to kidnap a child met Hassani while dad was rummaging through auto parts, why didn't that person just take him then instead of following them miles to the store? :waitasec: MOO

Great point - maybe it just wasn't the "right" time to do it at the auto parts yard.... maybe there were other people close by.

Because they love ploughing through the Bay Area traffic (which is horrendous)?! :bang: Sorry-- just trying for some humor here!

LR is a puzzle to me. When I hear him talk he sounds completely honest and forthcoming and innocent. But his story falls apart! There are too many different versions!

Then seeing the actual area where he says Hasanni was abducted, and the brief time it takes to go from the alley to the store's front door, I just don't see how it could have happened...too many people around, too many windows through which people could view the abduction.

I was away from all electric media for 24 hours there... was kind of hoping this case would be happily resolved by the time I returned... too bad.

Because they love ploughing through the Bay Area traffic (which is horrendous)?! :bang: Sorry-- just trying for some humor here!

:)I haven't been to Fremont but have spent some time in Oakland and San Fransico and didn't find the traffic all that bad .... sounds like the Bay area around Fremont is ugly.

LR is a puzzle to me. When I hear him talk he sounds completely honest and forthcoming and innocent. But his story falls apart! There are too many different versions!

Then seeing the actual area where he says Hasanni was abducted, and the brief time it takes to go from the alley to the store's front door, I just don't see how it could have happened...too many people around, too many windows through which people could view the abduction.

Just playing devil's advocate for a minute... children have been abducted from malls from under the noses of several people who never saw a thing and within a minute or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member