CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)I haven't been to Fremont but have spent some time in Oakland and San Fransico and didn't find the traffic all that bad .... sounds like the Bay area around Fremont is ugly.

I guess it would depend on what kind of traffic conditions you are used to (like L.A. or NYC)....and when you spent time here. 30 years ago it was not that bad--now you have to plan your travels around potential traffic--commute traffic is especially awful. And the commute hours are getting longer and longer.

I think they may be leading him on, letting him get comfortable...give him enough slack and he will hang himself (so to speak). Just an idea...

Adding, another thing I noticed is for example, in the search at the salvage yard, the media says "he had his 2 children with him when he was there"--sort of going along with his story --while I'm thinking, like others, that only the baby was with him and Hasanni was already gone. What I'm trying to say is, LE is giving no indication that they are not buying into his story.
I understand what you're saying and it might be just what they're doing. These searches near the salvage yard and house seem to indicate they don't believe everything he's telling them, but they need him to cooperate so they'll say it's "routine". I've also noticed there don't seem to be any leads in the area where the store is. MOO

Has the public been asked to help searching in the search areas ? Sorry if I missed this.

Just playing devil's advocate for a minute... children have been abducted from malls from under the noses of several people who never saw a thing and within a minute or two.

Still trying to stay objective myself, though increasingly difficult. One of the earliest satellite(?) photos posted here showed 2 motorcycles parked at what looks like the entry to the alley parking lot and a yellow Jeep(?) parked on the street in front of the single family dwelling next to the alley. Columbo saw a motorcycle while photographing at the scene today, and the yellow Jeep can be seen in one of Columbo's photos, this time a little further down from the house in the direction of the retail area, in the street parking spot just past the entry to the alley.

Sorry, no great scoop here. Just thought it might confirm the satellite photo is fairly recent. My thinking was perhaps a local who actually has witnessed this drop off scenario before, maybe even befriended precious, sweet, just a baby really Hassani at a distance a few times with a wave and a smile, snatched him while driving away on a motorcycle and the sound of the motor didn't register with anyone in the stores or apartments adjacent to the alley because they're accustomed to the sound.

Also, would it really be so unusual for Hassani to be dressed in a sweatshirt (it could have been lightweight) if he's riding around in a/c, and Ross is anticipating the temperature will have dropped by the time foster Mom/bio-aunt and the children head home on the bus.

Or maybe the sweatshirt was what he was wearing when something terrible befell him which might have been a cooler part of the day.

If the foster parents really are the only ones left in this country who haven't seen the multitudes of crime investigation TV shows or news coverage of missing persons, murders, kidnappings, etc. and don't know that those within the closest circle to the victims are immediately part of the initial investigation, and thus thought LE's "aggressive" questioning meant LE had concluded they had committed a crime, and felt the need for a lawyer, wouldn't they consult one who could facilitate getting them through the process rapidly and put the focus back on the real perp, rather than consulting a lawyer because they thought they were being profiled or unduly questioned solely because of their race. Would this really be on someone's mind instead of battling tormenting thoughts about what may have happened or may be happening to your baby? One of the news links here noted the massive number of LE searching for Hassani early on in this, by the way.

Again, mystery far from solved by this post; just pondering a few things that snagged my attention.

Has the public been asked to help searching in the search areas ? Sorry if I missed this.

I saw a commenter post that people should go to such and such location. Other than that no. I believe LE activated professional search and rescue for their searches today.

:)I haven't been to Fremont but have spent some time in Oakland and San Fransico and didn't find the traffic all that bad .... sounds like the Bay area around Fremont is ugly.

Well this really is going to be :eek:fftopic:

Hey "e" I had something I wanted to tell ya, been meaning to for a while now. I want you to know that my a/c took a dump. Because of this we have the widows open with fans running. Because of THIS flies keep coming in and they land on my monitor.
I HAVE TRIED TO KILL YOUR SIGGY AVATAR THREE TIMES!!!!!
:waitasec: :doh: :floorlaugh:

and on another note, while I'm making an :butthead: of myself look at this lil guy I just found...

:baby:

Isn't he just the cutest thing?

I have to do this periodically to take my mind off of the issue at hand or I think I may take a road trip to Fremont. Seriously though. The last update AWC posted said that...

" The volunteers spent most of the day searching through high brush at the park and marshlands in Hayward for any sign of the missing 5-year-old. Police say investigative leads led them to the search areas but they would not be any more specific."

Think that would imply leads GENERATED by LE...as in perhaps following pings? I would think there would be a difference in "investigative leads" and "leads followed up by LE"...KWIM?

Shuuterfly I just don't see how they could rule out the area, they searched today already.

Look how close where Caylee was found after how many times others serached nearby & right by her. If only that one cop would have called in the lead DE's the 1st time RK called him to where she was found.

Looking at the google map & the water nearby...I just don't see how they could rule it all out. I didn't see any divers or boats with sonar like TES uses....it's time to call Tim from TES to come aide in the search.
I agree that LE are following his cell pings & that led them there.

Could the search dogs still find Hassani's scent if he was carried & never once put on the ground. IMO I doubt it if he was already gone (which I still pray that I'm wrong) the dogs wouldn't find his scent there at all....until they came near a body. If that at all makes sense.

If you take a ride there pics please if you can! :wink:
Sending you & Columbo out to both there & the junk yard to take pics! :wink:

:angel:

From this part of your post:
If the foster parents really are the only ones left in this country who haven't seen the multitudes of crime investigation TV shows or news coverage of missing persons, murders, kidnappings, etc. and don't know that those within the closest circle to the victims are immediately part of the initial investigation, and thus thought LE's "aggressive" questioning meant LE had concluded they had committed a crime, and felt the need for a lawyer, wouldn't they consult one who could facilitate getting them through the process rapidly and put the focus back on the real perp, rather than consulting a lawyer because they thought they were being profiled or unduly questioned solely because of their race. Would this really be on someone's mind instead of battling tormenting thoughts about what may have happened or may be happening to your baby? One of the news links here noted the massive number of LE searching for Hassani early on in this, by the way.
I would like to know in what article or interview did the couple say that they were being profiled or unduly questioned solely because of their race.
Someone else made mention of something similar, and yet I must have missed seeing or reading any reference to such a thing. Do you have a link to an article?

Well this really is going to be :eek:fftopic:

Hey "e" I had something I wanted to tell ya, been meaning to for a while now. I want you to know that my a/c took a dump. Because of this we have the widows open with fans running. Because of THIS flies keep coming in and they land on my monitor.
I HAVE TRIED TO KILL YOUR SIGGY AVATAR THREE TIMES!!!!!
:waitasec: :doh: :floorlaugh:

and on another note, while I'm making an :butthead: of myself look at this lil guy I just found...

:baby:

Isn't he just the cutest thing?

I have to do this periodically to take my mind off of the issue at hand or I think I may take a road trip to Fremont. Seriously though. The last update AWC posted said that...

" The volunteers spent most of the day searching through high brush at the park and marshlands in Hayward for any sign of the missing 5-year-old. Police say investigative leads led them to the search areas but they would not be any more specific."

Think that would imply leads GENERATED by LE...as in perhaps following pings? I would think there would be a difference in "investigative leads" and "leads followed up by LE"...KWIM?

I wonder if their "investigative leads" are that surprising....after all, if LR was in the adjacent junkyard wouldn't it be normal for his cell phone to have registered pings there? (hope I'm saying that right--I'm not too high tech). I'm probably off base on this.
I think I have to take a rest from this case for a few hours!!

From this part of your post:

I would like to know in what article or interview did the couple say that they were being profiled or unduly questioned solely because of their race.
Someone else made mention of something similar, and yet I must have missed seeing or reading any reference to such a thing. Do you have a link to an article?

I haven't seen anything in the media about them feeling they were being targeted for racial reasons.
It's funny, I also never got the impression they were "playing the race card" at all, just that LR was supposedly frustrated with the police.

i.b.nora I think a few are mistaking this race issue because the lawyer they have consulted with is a civil rights lawyer. I don't believe most anyone, at least myself have ever thought of race in this case or any others to be an issue of guilt in anyway. MOO

I myself look at the facts etc. etc. about each & every missing person case.
Never have would or will base my opinion on race ever!

THANK YOU COLUMBO!!! Great pics!!! Thanks so much for taking the time on a Sat. to help give us a feel for the area in question. More evidence why Ross would open up the trunk and hide the back window while he carried the 18mo around to the front.....the child was NOT in that car nor waiting at the back door, nor was a perp waiting around for hours to grab him. MHO

these don't click on...sorry!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4565&d=1250374496

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4566&d=1250374522

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4567&d=1250374557

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4568&d=1250374605

I wonder if their "investigative leads" are that surprising....after all, if LR was in the adjacent junkyard wouldn't it be normal for his cell phone to have registered pings there? (hope I'm saying that right--I'm not too high tech). I'm probably off base on this.
I think I have to take a rest from this case for a few hours!!

I'm not going to pretend I know SQUAT about cell phone pinging, but I checked the area and there are several towers and antenna's in the area....here they are. Maybe someone who knows more about them could do something useful with this info?

http://www.antennasearch.com/sitestart.asp

search results for 2557 W Winton.....

The red house is the salvage yard. Could LWR maybe have bounced off of one of the towers west of the salvage yard?

Pings.jpg

i.b.nora I think a few are mistaking this race issue because the lawyer they have consulted with is a civil rights lawyer. I don't believe most anyone, at least myself have ever thought of race in this case or any others to be an issue of guilt in anyway. MOO

I myself look at the facts etc. etc. about each & every missing person case.
Never have would or will base my opinion on race ever!

Thanks, Angel. You could be right about what others are mistaking. John Burris is one of the most high profile attorneys in the entire Bay Area, who also happens to be black.
His practice areas include Civil Rights Violations, Employment Discrimination, Child Dependency, Criminal Defense, Personal Injury/Wrongful Death.
My point is, there are a number of areas in which his expertise might be helpful and encouraging to them. And, he is a familiar figure, since he is often in the news or on television, both locally and nationally.

RAW VIDEO: Aerials Of Search For Missing Boy 08/15/09~4:14 PT
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54116@kpix.dayport.com

O/T: Be right back all....darn hard drive or the fan is humming so loud it's driving me :crazy:...it's not even a yr old it shouldn't be making all this noise. :banghead: Hopefully re-booting will make it stop! :crossfingers:

HEYYYYYYY....
this video is NOT of a search off of W. Winton as the caption on the site says. It's Coyote Regional Park!!! :furious: I really hate it when they do that. My head was about to explode trying to find this area on the map. No wonder I couldn't find it. I was looking in Hayward and this video was shot in Fremont!!!

But they also did conduct a search around, west of, the area of the Pick Your Part on West Winton in Hayward.

I haven't finished reading to catch up but I wondered what other businesses or buildings (apartment) had access doors in that alley.

If this was their normal routine, and it happened often enough (couple times a week on consistent days?) then it is possible that someone had been watching.

Back to reading ... 10 pages to go ...

ETA: Have now seen the picture posted by Angelwhocares. I'd been picturing the back door as actually being in the back of the building, not the side. Thank you!

driveway-300x204.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member