CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we even know if Hassani had difficulty walking? Yes, I know he wears braces on his legs, but my niece who has CP and wears one brace, can walk and run.

Hi daisy,

Here ya go:-

Police said they didn't believe the boy could have gone far if he left the car by himself. He uses leg braces to walk and has difficulty walking.
http://www.examiner.com/x-7528-SF-Top-News-Examiner~y2009m8d11-Disabled-Oakland-boy-missing

Hassani, who will be a first-grader at Leitch Elementary School in Fremont, has cerebral palsy, wears braces on his legs and has trouble walking.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/dailyreview/localnews/ci_13036933

Do we even know if Hassani had difficulty walking? Yes, I know he wears braces on his legs, but my niece who has CP and wears one brace, can walk and run.

I was wondering this too Daisy. I have brittle bone disease and wore braces for many years, but I was able to walk and run under my own power (no assistance including crutches etc). I have also known CP patients who could do the same.

I HATE to hear stories about missing kids, but to see one of a child who is more vulnerable than most tears at my heart strings. The only thing I can be thankful for is the little girl being in protective custody. I know it will be hard on her for now, but as the old saying goes "better to be safe than sorry".

I hope they find this adorable boy soon, but to be honest the hinky meter is going haywire.

ETA~ thanks sarahhod for the info

10 minutes, or 6 1/2 miles.
Wondering if they found something in the home to take them there.

heh mapquest is totally different, ugh.
either way, too far to walk.

Doing another quick peek - that is way too far to walk for a little boy with walking disabilities - my heart is breaking for this little one - let it be that he is found safely somewhere. That is my heart talking - my head is telling me something different but I don't want to hear it right now.

The park is .3 mile from their house. The shoe store is about 27 miles.
On map, A=house @ 5900 Roxie Terrace, Fremont, CA
B=park @ 5850 Commerce Dr., Fremont, CA
C=store @ 6000 block College Ave, Oakland, CA
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...22.154236&sspn=0.517203,1.234589&ie=UTF8&z=10

There are reportedly dozens of FBI agents and police at Karl Nordvik Park, 5850 Commerce Drive, in Fremont. They've been there since about 8 a.m., according to officers at the scene.

FBI agents searched the couple's home in the 5900 block of Roxie Terrace

Shuz, a shoe store in the 6000 block of College Avenue
http://www.insidebayarea.com/argus/localnews/ci_13036933
http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_13045028?nclick_check=1

Thanks guys, I found it. All I have to say is Dejia Weaver. The sweet baby that was apparently taken after a failed attack on the mom. It wasn't true - mom and boyfriend are alleged to have thrown the baby in the lake/river. This aunt acts very similar to Dejia's mom. No real tears, just a lot of heaving and gasping. Bf has nothing to say.....

They have already lawyered up. They apparently obtained counsel on Tuesday, one day after the missing report.

I can see some of what our devil's advocate (can't remember her "hat" at the moment) (here it is: eeyoreIrn: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA-Oakland - 5 year old - Hassani Campbell - Missing Since 8/10/09.) theorizes. It would be difficult to carry both the baby and the Hussani at the same time. However, the little girl is 17 months old, right? She could walk. But I can understand how Hussani could have been left to stand by the back door to wait by an idiot. Someone in a hurry, that was perhaps running late...

Only this isn't ringing true. And the search of the Fremont home is distressing.

May Hussani be found soon and may the Angels watch over him until he returns home.

Salem

I am not familiar with Dejia Weaver but I'm starting to think you may be right. Campbell may have had me fooled with the heaving and gasping.

When she said how fragile he was, it sounded real. But why all her details about wanting to hug and kiss Hassani and play with him? Sounds kind of stupid. Or rehearsed. Or else, "I know he's dead now and how can I do any of these things?" Realizes the horror of what happened? I'm only guessing, of course.

I thought the tears were real but I have to take another look--they may be real liquid but she could be "crying" because she has a good idea what happened or what may have happened, if her fiance is violent or loses his temper with the boy.

Am I wrong or does Ross sound like he might have a Jamaican accent?

Also, the fact that they have already lawyered up is very suspicious.

If they are looking at a park now, they must have some evidence from the car or house that would take them to that site.

So, with other family members in the car, I wonder what their story to police was.
The whole story is just 'off.'

exactly, that's what i am thinking DW.
I think the boyfriend did it...what I'm not sure of is if the aunt knows it yet.

Doing another quick peek - that is way too far to walk for a little boy with walking disabilities - my heart is breaking for this little one - let it be that he is found safely somewhere. That is my heart talking - my head is telling me something different but I don't want to hear it right now.

It's too far for any 5 year old to walk alone, disability or not, and not be noticed.

Oh, jeez - I really hope this isn't gonna be another case with a child buried at a playground:(

I am not familiar with Dejia Weaver but I'm starting to think you may be right. Campbell may have had me fooled with the heaving and gasping.

I thought the tears were real but I have to take another look--they may be real liquid but she could be "crying" because she has a good idea what happened or what may have happened, if her fiance is violent or loses his temper with the boy.

Also, the fact that they have already lawyered up is very suspicious.

Why all her details about wanting to hug and kiss Hassani and play with him? Sounds kind of stupid. Or rehearsed.

I'll have to watch the video again, but she didn't appear genuine to me in the interview.

If they are looking at a park now, they must have some evidence from the car or house that would take them to that site.

So, with other family members in the car, I wonder what their story to police was.
The whole story is just 'off.'

One video said LE left the home with two Suburbans full of evidence (?). Suburbans are big-azz vehicles.

Besides the park that they're searching down the street from the house, there's also a rather large nature preserve right across the street from the house. (Ardenwood Regional Preserve)

ETA Or possibly behind the house, depending on what side of the street they're on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox