CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's too far for any 5 year old to walk alone, disability or not, and not be noticed.

Especially with leg braces on, which I assume are quite visible...People would be stopping him to ask where his mother was, etc.

The investigation has completely turned away from the shoe store. One thing to note when watching people crying in these circumstances. You can't tell why they are crying. Most of the time they are crying for their own sorry behind and the situation they got themselves into.

ot: Daisja Weaver: Her mom had the breathlessness and the fake story all ready to go for the cameras.

It is good that we can all 'see' or get that the person on camera is 'faking' it.
It's like Susan Smith. Her whole demeanor was off as well.

Especially with leg braces on, which I assume are quite visible...People would be stopping him to ask where his mother was, etc.

Depending on the type of braces. My Son (who also has CP) had AFO's (ankle-foot orthotics). All it is really is two pieces of plastic (fitted), hinged, with velcro straps. These days kids can choose what design they would like on them. My Son's is camouflaged. They wouldn't be noticeable under shoes and pants.
http://www.opinmotion.com/images/AFO.JPG

That poor little kid didn't stand a chance being raised by any of these people, sorry to say. He looks so bright and innocent.
Just my opinion.

ITA with you. All these kids are just so adorable. There are many good people out there that would have loved to give them a home.

He was wearing a grey sweat suit - perhaps they put the pant legs down over the braces? Still, if he has mobility problems, the way he was walking would be noticeable.

Hell, any five year old walking completely alone would be pretty noticeable.

BBM

That's not necessarily true. Most of the people that I know (myself included) who wore braces would put them under their clothes. It might make him look a little heavier, but if you didn't know him it might be hard to notice.

That being said, I agree that MOST people who saw a 5 yr old walking around would go to help him.

IMO since LE is searching the park close to home, they have reason to believe he was never in the car to begin with.

It is entirely possible the aunt truly believes he's been abducted.

But am I wrong in thinking there is absolutely no proof he ever was in the car that day? I still look to the foster dad, sorry to say - no blood ties to the kid, and expecting a baby "of his own"...

If the aunt is innocent and her husband is not... Oh man, I feel so bad for that woman.

I haven't read this (or, if I did, I forgot), but some CP folks also have speech impediments - how is Hassani with verbal communication?

(Also, I had to correct that from "was"... I need to tell my worst instincts to behave and hope for the best here. Such a beautiful little child - hope he's safe.)

But am I wrong in thinking there is absolutely no proof he ever was in the car that day? I still look to the foster dad, sorry to say - no blood ties to the kid, and expecting a baby "of his own"...

If the aunt is innocent and her husband is not... Oh man, I feel so bad for that woman.

The aunt is pregnant? I missed seeing that...

The park they're searching isn't just a playground or a small neighborhood park. Looks like it has nature and ball parks and such.

nordvikpark.jpg

BBM

Possibly, but I have a hard time believing there were absolutely no warning signs. More likely she just chose to ignore them.

I don't believe Hassani was in the car at the shoe store. Someone would have seen something. I saw an interview with a police officer (I think it was LE?) saying he had questioned many people who had been outside a nearby bar, and nobody had seen Hassani.

As far as the parking issue: Rockridge is a very busy area of Oakland and the curb in front of the store might have been occupied. I agree though, it is a little hinky to park in back AND leave the child there.

Because it is such a busy and highly trafficked area, it seems like someone would have had to see Hassani being abducted, if that was what happened.

The fiance and the aunt are in the process of adopting Hassani. So I would assume that both are foster parents. The aunt is pregnant.

BBM

Do we have a link for this?

I haven't read this (or, if I did, I forgot), but some CP folks also have speech impediments - how is Hassani with verbal communication?

(Also, I had to correct that from "was"... I need to tell my worst instincts to behave and hope for the best here. Such a beautiful little child - hope he's safe.)

The only details I have seen is that Hassani has CP, wears braces, and has difficulty walking. More details on the extent of his disability would be helpful to anyone who may come across him.

BBM

That's not necessarily true. Most of the people that I know (myself included) who wore braces would put them under their clothes. It might make him look a little heavier, but if you didn't know him it might be hard to notice.

That being said, I agree that MOST people who saw a 5 yr old walking around would go to help him.

IMO since LE is searching the park close to home, they have reason to believe he was never in the car to begin with.​

bbm- they specifically stated it was a newer BMW that they impounded, my guess would be that it has GPS and that unit shows a stop at one or both of these locations. He may have scouted out the first one and then settled on the second. They have been at the park for a loooong time. They have a lead to spend valuable early manhours doing that, it is not random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasicallyAnxious