CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody (stranger abduction) I don't believe that, ..on the 10th he was about an hour early, remember he had the orientation, so had a SO been watching,... Aug 10th was the one day that LR was not dropping kids at the reg time .. he was 1 hour early. for me this eliminates the somebody ( other than LR or JC ) was planning it theory.

also I have to be out for a bit, today, but when I get back I will try to answer some of your search dog questions. My husband has trained search dogs, ( NOT cadaver - LIVE search) there is a huge difference. when I get back I will check in with you all

So for LE to arrest them they must obtain a warrant for their arrest right? And they have to show evidence to get a judge to sign off on the warrant?
I think Le was their Guy, but the DA doesn't want to charge them due to NOT ENOUGH evidence!! JMO

Dang.

What she said.

I think LE may have put too much emphasis on the expletive texting of LR to JC. I hope they were seriously following other avenues. Time spent on only one avenue is time wasted. I really hope little man has not been grabbed by some pedophile. I'm getting very uneasy about this darling little Hassani:mad:

So for LE to arrest them they must obtain a warrant for their arrest right? And they have to show evidence to get a judge to sign off on the warrant?
I think Le was their Guy, but the DA doesn't want to charge them due to NOT ENOUGH evidence!! JMO

They do not have to have a judge involved, they arrest people on the spot all the time. They are suppose to have probable cause.

Now they police may feel they had probable cause.
They may have been playing a game of chicken knowing they would be released.

Generally in high profile cases you see the police taking evidence to the DA in advance of an arrest the DA will tell them when they are confident filing charges and proceeding. You can have political issues involved in all levels of this.

But in this high profile of a case I do not think these officers acted alone. People up the chain of command knew they were going to haul them in. Acting unilaterally and then having them released, embarassing the city, their jobs would be on the line.

moo

It doesn't even necessarily need to be a "stranger" abduction. What if someone had been planning this? If this really was their routine, someone easily could've been following, watching, timing, planning. Waiting for the right moment. Possibly a stranger/so, possibly family, possibly someone one of them pi@@ed off.

I just don't think there was enough time for this to have just happened.

I also don't think he wandered off not only because of the short amount of time & his CP, but because the K9's didn't pick up his scent.

There has GOT to be SOMEONE out there who saw SOMETHING! Or, didn't (meaning someone who saw LR at the salvage yard or shoe store and knows for sure Hasanni wasn't with him)

sorry responded to the wrong forum

Hasanni's 'UNCLE" now (LR)...look at this...
right on the front page!!!

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6993281

I have wondered why everyone refers to LR as Hasanni's "foster dad". He is not Jennifer's husband and we have no proof that he was even a licensed "foster parent." Maybe Jennifer was, but I highly doubt LR was and I'm sure CPS is just livid that Jennifer had LR living in her home, with the kids...that's a real no-no with CPS and foster parents. All foster parents must pass a CBC and be trained, their home must be inspected routinely and foster children must be made available to caseworkers.
I'm quite confident that is why Alyah was removed from the home, well that and the fact that Hasanni is nowhere to be found.

I posted about this on the unfortunate Arrest thread.

When the police did the search at the house after LR and JC were arrested last week, it is possible that they installed some overhearing (bugging) devices.

JC is already at home. When LR gets home, they may start to compare notes as to what happened to them since Friday and may make some incriminating statements.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the police did this, and that they are now listening in to see what conversations take place between these two.

http://cbs5.com/localwire/22.0.html?type=bcn&item=NO-CHARGES-(UPDATE-ON-BCN15)-11-37

Thomason said in a statement Monday that the department "has been diligently investigating the Hasanni Campbell homicide case day and night since his disappearance."

He said the case is "very complex" but declined to provide details, saying that might compromise the investigation.

Oakland attorney John Burris, who has consulted with Ross and Jennifer Campbell, said he thinks Rogers' decision not to file any charges against Ross at this time is "terrific" and appropriate because he thinks there isn't any evidence against Ross that would support a criminal conviction.

I think LE may have put too much emphasis on the expletive texting of LR to JC. I hope they were seriously following other avenues. Time spent on only one avenue is time wasted. I really hope little man has not been grabbed by some pedophile. I'm getting very uneasy about this darling little Hassani:mad:

I agree but on the same note. My husband and I get mad and text mean things to each other BUT NEVER has he threatened to leave any of our kids anywhere and I had 3 kids before I married him 1 Being Autistic. Remember it was JC that said it "WAS HIS IDEA TO TAKE CARE OF THEM" but yet he texted saying he's YOUR responsibility (but explict)

I notice people are posting duplicates here and on the arrests thread? Should we ask to close the arrests thread now?

Has the grieving process had enough time?

OK, I closed the arrests thread... I hope that's ok.

All this thread business is make me nervous. Please let me know if I am messing anything up. :nerves:

OK, I closed the arrests thread... I hope that's ok.

All this thread business is make me nervous. Please let me know if I am messing anything up. :nerves:

LOL... I was lost :waitasec: but now I'm found:woohoo:

LOL... I was lost :waitasec: but now I'm found:woohoo:

Wow. Testify!

That sounds like a ringing endorsement of the thread organization. Thanks.

(Seriously, though, I am sorry if I am doing damage - I'm not trying to. And you guys better let me know if I am stepping in it before a mod does... Is excessive threading a bannable offence...?)

This is a link to see what a car crusher can do quickly!!! Some of them even crush the other way at the same time.
http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2009/aug/04/naxxfcscrap04/

My husband worked at a carcrusher. he said if anybody wanted to get rid of a body that be the best way to do it.

they drop in to a firey pit and its nothing left but metal dust

that look like they just crush them, where my husband worked they heck now i dont even know what its called
i always called it the car crusher.

maybe if im down there i will take a pic this week

My husband worked at a carcrusher. he said if anybody wanted to get rid of a body that be the best way to do it.

How much supervision are they typically given? Would a regular customer be able to dump something sizable in there?

http://www.kionrightnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=11028910

Focus still on couple in disabled Calif boy case

Police say they're continuing to focus their investigation on the foster parents of a missing 5-year-old disabled boy despite prosecutors announcing there isn't not enough evidence to charge them.

Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan said Tuesday that investigators know Hasanni Campbell was not in Oakland on Aug. 10. That's the day Hasanni's foster father told authorities he disappeared after being briefly left alone outside an Oakland shoe store.
The boy has not been found.
On Tuesday, police also released surveillance footage from a Wal-Mart store in Fremont recorded on Aug. 6 that they say it is the last known sighting of the boy.

colour by me...

:woohoo:

http://www.kionrightnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=11028910

Focus still on couple in disabled Calif boy case

Police say they're continuing to focus their investigation on the foster parents of a missing 5-year-old disabled boy despite prosecutors announcing there isn't not enough evidence to charge them.

Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan said Tuesday that investigators know Hasanni Campbell was not in Oakland on Aug. 10. That's the day Hasanni's foster father told authorities he disappeared after being briefly left alone outside an Oakland shoe store.
The boy has not been found.
On Tuesday, police also released surveillance footage from a Wal-Mart store in Fremont recorded on Aug. 6 that they say it is the last known sighting of the boy.

colour by me...

:woohoo:

BBM

That's great news about the footage. Hopefully there's more stuff like that to be found.

that look like they just crush them, where my husband worked they heck now i dont even know what its called
i always called it the car crusher.

maybe if im down there i will take a pic this week

I know what you are talking about. They can make it the size of a dishwasher..that was the closest I came up with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member