CA CA - Ilene Misheloff, 13, Dublin, 30 Jan 1989

I have always felt that we had one predator floating through the bay area taking these girls. He seems like he is organized and plans this out, which could be Garrido. If it is Garrido then the best bet is if the cops can get the wife to start talking!

One thing that seems to be apparent is that the police never talked to each other about these cases. The back pack being found is a strong clue......was DNA ever taken from it? The socks in the other cases.........was DNA ever taken from those?

I always wondered if the police have ever done searches in Niles canyon! Some of the area's are so remote that it would be a perfect dumping ground. There are water ways and lots of animals, its also a dark place at night and perfect cover.

One thing is for sure.......these animals can wait out the police. These cases become forgotten to most and that is sad. With todays technology these old cases need some new looks.

I have always felt that we had one predator floating through the bay area taking these girls. He seems like he is organized and plans this out, which could be Garrido. If it is Garrido then the best bet is if the cops can get the wife to start talking!

One thing that seems to be apparent is that the police never talked to each other about these cases. The back pack being found is a strong clue......was DNA ever taken from it? The socks in the other cases.........was DNA ever taken from those?

I always wondered if the police have ever done searches in Niles canyon! Some of the area's are so remote that it would be a perfect dumping ground. There are water ways and lots of animals, its also a dark place at night and perfect cover.

One thing is for sure.......these animals can wait out the police. These cases become forgotten to most and that is sad. With todays technology these old cases need some new looks.
There's more than one... Daveggio was good buddies with Michael Ihde, another rapist/torturer/serial killer. My husband almost sat on his jury.

You know I did a search of Daveggio and he is asking for Pen pals!

http://todesstrafe-usa.de/friends/voices_ca_daveggio.htm

Hello,

My name is James. I am an inmate on death row at San Quentin State Prison in California. I am looking to find some pen–pals.

I have never been out of the USA. Nor will I ever be now. So hopefully you will write to me. It may not be like coming to your country, but it will be as close as I’ll get. I’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully

I think I will start sending him the posters of Ilene and a few other missing girls, maybe he will find God and repent!

HOW TO HELP
# Authorities are still seeking information in the disappearances of Michaela Garecht, Ilene Misheloff and Lisa Norrell. Garecht case: Anyone with information on Michaela Garecht's case should call Hayward police at 510-293-7079. There is up to a $60,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

More information about the reward and Michaela's case is available at www.MissingMichaela.com.

# Misheloff case: Anyone with information on Ilene Misheloff's case should call Dublin police at 925-833-6670, or leave tips at 800-763-6306. There is up to a $100,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

More information about Ilene is available at www.find-ilene.org.

# Norrell case: Anyone with information on Lisa Norrell's case should call Antioch police at 925-779-6802, the Pittsburg police department tip line at 925-427-7369 or The Polly Klaas Foundation at 800-587-4357. There is up to a $60,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

snipped from http://www.insidebayarea.com/dublin/ci_13427990

HOW TO HELP
# Authorities are still seeking information in the disappearances of Michaela Garecht, Ilene Misheloff and Lisa Norrell. Garecht case: Anyone with information on Michaela Garecht's case should call Hayward police at 510-293-7079. There is up to a $60,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

More information about the reward and Michaela's case is available at www.MissingMichaela.com.

# Misheloff case: Anyone with information on Ilene Misheloff's case should call Dublin police at 925-833-6670, or leave tips at 800-763-6306. There is up to a $100,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

More information about Ilene is available at www.find-ilene.org.

# Norrell case: Anyone with information on Lisa Norrell's case should call Antioch police at 925-779-6802, the Pittsburg police department tip line at 925-427-7369 or The Polly Klaas Foundation at 800-587-4357. There is up to a $60,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

snipped from http://www.insidebayarea.com/dublin/ci_13427990

By Robert Jordan
Contra Costa Times

Posted: 01/22/2010 08:35:30 PM PST
Updated: 01/23/2010 05:40:13 PM PST
DUBLIN — Maddi and Mike Misheloff never wanted or sought attention, but they need it.
Since their daughter Ilene, then 13, was kidnapped off the streets of Dublin 21 years ago, they have needed to keep her name in the spotlight.
On Thursday, for the 21st time, the Misheloff will participate in an annual vigil organized by family and friends to keep Ilene's name fresh in the minds of the public with the hope that it will spark a tip.
The Misheloffs will walk with between 100 and a few hundred people along the route from Wells Middle School to St. Raymond Catholic Church — approximately the same route Ilene took when she was headed to the Dublin Iceland rink for lessons after school Jan. 30, 1989.
"It's excruciatingly painful," said Maddi Misheloff about the vigil. "Our purpose is to do this every year until we have her back to let people know that we are still looking."
An added burden hangs over this year's vigil. Maddi lost her father in 2009, shortly after Jaycee Dugard walked into a Concord police station. more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/sea...s.com-www.contracostatimes.com&nclick_check=1

By Robert Jordan
Contra Costa Times

Posted: 01/22/2010 08:35:30 PM PST
Updated: 01/23/2010 05:40:13 PM PST
DUBLIN — Maddi and Mike Misheloff never wanted or sought attention, but they need it.
Since their daughter Ilene, then 13, was kidnapped off the streets of Dublin 21 years ago, they have needed to keep her name in the spotlight.
On Thursday, for the 21st time, the Misheloff will participate in an annual vigil organized by family and friends to keep Ilene's name fresh in the minds of the public with the hope that it will spark a tip.
The Misheloffs will walk with between 100 and a few hundred people along the route from Wells Middle School to St. Raymond Catholic Church — approximately the same route Ilene took when she was headed to the Dublin Iceland rink for lessons after school Jan. 30, 1989.
"It's excruciatingly painful," said Maddi Misheloff about the vigil. "Our purpose is to do this every year until we have her back to let people know that we are still looking."
An added burden hangs over this year's vigil. Maddi lost her father in 2009, shortly after Jaycee Dugard walked into a Concord police station. more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/sea...s.com-www.contracostatimes.com&nclick_check=1

i assume they still have no evidence linking garrido linas?

Bump to call attention to Ilene's disappearance...

After 22 years, missing girl's father still hopes

Every year, Mike Misheloff grieves a little more, remembers a little more -- and hopes a little more.

That hope is the most important thing he can feel, he said. And so as he prepares to lead Monday's 22nd annual candlelight vigil and march in Dublin for his missing daughter, Ilene Misheloff, the father speaks with optimism and energy in his voice.

Bumping!

The El Dorado county DA is saying now that Garrido may have been involved in this case, and Michaela's case. Hopefully he is not a murderer and both of these girls are hiding in plain sight.

Sunday, January 29, 2012
DUBLIN, Calif. -- Ilene Misheloff was 13 years old when she disappeared in Dublin more than two decades ago, but her family continues to search for their daughter.
A candlelight vigil and ecumenical prayer service to be held Monday night will mark the 23rd anniversary of Ilene's disappearance.
On the day she disappeared, Ilene had left school early after being excused from a physical education class, according to her family.
She walked home alone, and was last seen at the intersection of San Ramon Road and Amador Valley Boulevard.
Monday's vigil will retrace her steps along that route, beginning at Wells Middle School at 6800 Penn Drive.
Mike and Maddi Misheloff, along with Ilene's twin brother, Brian, will lead the walk as they have done every year since Ilene went missing.
The vigil will begin at 7 p.m. and will conclude with a short prayer service at St. Raymond Catholic Church at 11555 Shannon Ave. in Dublin.
The Misheloffs say they are hoping someone has information and will come forward.
A picture of what Ilene would look like today can be found on the website www.find-ilene.orgalong with information about rewards and tips for preventing child abductions. http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=8523398

I sure hope Ilene wasnt part of the crime spree from the Speed freak killers. It seems with all the bones they are finding, that anyone taken in the 80's or 90's in northern california could have been a victim.

I hope she wasnt a victime of the Speed Freak Killers, but its possible.

I remember this girl, and know of the location where she was reportedly last seen. It was such a shock at the time, so close to her home and in broad daylight at a busy intersection. I feel so sorry for her family, and her twin brother must have suffered more than anyone. There was plenty of undeveloped land with lots of trees and brush back then. so it is not unusual that her body has never been discovered. Plus, freeway access was far too convenient for those committing crimes. Poor girl, I hope LE finds more evidence somewhere to help close this case.

I am reading Stalemate by John Phillpin, which is about her case as well as Amanda Campbell's, Amber Schwartz-Garcia and Michaela Garecht. I recommend this read if you want more info on the San Francisco Bay children abduction of the 80s.

Thanks Amber. I need to check that book out!

Ilene seems to get lost in the shuffle and that is just sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back