CA CA - Ilene Misheloff, 13, Dublin, 30 Jan 1989

Ilene seems to get lost in the shuffle and that is just sad.
I know, thank-you for bumping her thread, it seems like I am the only one publicizing her case- Michaela's thread has gotten so many more visits!

Stalemate by John Phillpin is different than any other True Crime book you have ever read. Phillpin learned of a situation in the East Bay Area of California where 5 young Girls had been abducted and there was one suspect who had never been charged. This was the chance for a True Crime writer to actually solve a crime or at least "rule out" an innocent suspect. Instead it turns into a story of doubt, ambiguity and uncertainty. The book is the story of a relentless cop who refuses to give up until he ges his man. Unlike most True Crime books however, The "relentless Cop" ends up with a tarnished reputation, a city stuck will a massive legal bill and no arrest. Yet, he may have been right all along, or not.

Irene Misheloff was included in this "cluster" primarily because it occured soon after Michaela Garecht and it occured along the same Freeway corridor. Irene was seen walking down a street on her way home from school perfectly normally and was never seen again. Absolutly no witness or evidence and nothing to really link it to other abductions. It has received less attention because there is less to information available to discuss.

I think people assume the Deveggio's kidnapped and killed her and so its a shut case.

The problem with that line of thinking is there are so many predators and Garrido types out there that she could very well be alive. I hold out hope for all of these girls that were taken.
I think Michaela gets so much coverage because her mom hasn't let it die, and it was a Kidnapping in broad daylight in front of witnesses.

Linask your a great person for not forgetting her....as are all the people that come on here for these lost kids.......I will do my part to help you keep her alive in peoples minds as well.
Thanks

Stalemate by John Phillpin is different than any other True Crime book you have ever read. Phillpin learned of a situation in the East Bay Area of California where 5 young Girls had been abducted and there was one suspect who had never been charged. This was the chance for a True Crime writer to actually solve a crime or at least "rule out" an innocent suspect. Instead it turns into a story of doubt, ambiguity and uncertainty. The book is the story of a relentless cop who refuses to give up until he ges his man. Unlike most True Crime books however, The "relentless Cop" ends up with a tarnished reputation, a city stuck will a massive legal bill and no arrest. Yet, he may have been right all along, or not.

Irene Misheloff was included in this "cluster" primarily because it occured soon after Michaela Garecht and it occured along the same Freeway corridor. Irene was seen walking down a street on her way home from school perfectly normally and was never seen again. Absolutly no witness or evidence and nothing to really link it to other abductions. It has received less attention because there is less to information available to discuss.
Which freeway corridor are you referring to?

Bumping for Ilene!

There is speculation that her remains might be in the well in Linden that the bone fragment tied to Michaela Garecht was found in.

I would so love for her family to find Ilene, but not in this way.
May God bless Ilene and her family!

Bumping for Ilene!

There is speculation that her remains might be in the well in Linden that the bone fragment tied to Michaela Garecht was found in.

I would so love for her family to find Ilene, but not in this way.
May God bless Ilene and her family!
Ilene's father says they haven't approached them and don't seem to think so, but the child bone fragment could be up to a 13-year-old, and the time frame is similar. I didn't think so, but if they took Michaela a 9-year-old, they wouldn't hesitate to take a 13-year-old.
Her parents are hanging in there going about their daily lives. I've seen both of them very recently.

I think people assume the Deveggio's kidnapped and killed her and so its a shut case.

The problem with that line of thinking is there are so many predators and Garrido types out there that she could very well be alive. I hold out hope for all of these girls that were taken.
I think Michaela gets so much coverage because her mom hasn't let it die, and it was a Kidnapping in broad daylight in front of witnesses.

Linask your a great person for not forgetting her....as are all the people that come on here for these lost kids.......I will do my part to help you keep her alive in peoples minds as well.
Thanks
Actually, Ilene was kidnapped in broad daylight, and it has come out that a witness saw her getting into a car... Also, her backpack was found in a nearby park. Hopefully they got some useful DNA off it.

Actually, Ilene was kidnapped in broad daylight, and it has come out that a witness saw her getting into a car... Also, her backpack was found in a nearby park. Hopefully they got some useful DNA off it.

This fact is what makes me think the same person who took Michaela also took Illene. Maybe they should look at Speed Freak Killers for all those missing children by the San Fran Bay during that time period. Although I must add, I have always thought Amber Swartz-Garcia and Amanda Campbell's vanishings were connected. After reading Stalemate, I feel Bindner took these two girls after being obsessed with the Angel Bugay case. I def. think they charged the wrong guy with Amber's "murder".

Back on the topic of Illene, if she really is in one of those wells, I hope they get DNA test ASAP for her family, as well as Michaela's. It would be nice to see these cases finally have closure, despite the undesirable outcome.

Michaela's mom said the initial DNA test done in Chico was Inconclusive but showed a slight match to Sharons DNA. So more than likely it is Michaela. The fact that Sharon has talked about this being it after seeing the detectives, tells me she was given more info than has been released.

Ilene was taken in a similar way as a few other speed freak victims. She was walking and vanished. I believe Joanne Hobson went missing in this fashion.

If this was the way Ilene was taken and if she is a victim of these two, I hope she is found.

Something I wanted to add earlier today, but didn't have time- I learned from another neighbor who also lives in the same neighborhood- that the vehicle Ilene was reportedly seen getting into was a white van. Don't know if that is new information that helps the investigation or is verifiable or not...

This fact is what makes me think the same person who took Michaela also took Illene. Maybe they should look at Speed Freak Killers for all those missing children by the San Fran Bay during that time period. Although I must add, I have always thought Amber Swartz-Garcia and Amanda Campbell's vanishings were connected. After reading Stalemate, I feel Bindner took these two girls after being obsessed with the Angel Bugay case. I def. think they charged the wrong guy with Amber's "murder".

Back on the topic of Illene, if she really is in one of those wells, I hope they get DNA test ASAP for her family, as well as Michaela's. It would be nice to see these cases finally have closure, despite the undesirable outcome.
My personal feeling still is that Ilene was taken by James Davvegio and Michelle Michaud because they were trolling for victims in the next town over- not 5 miles away, closer than Hayward. Although, one thing that may sway me towards the Speed Killers is that they didn't hesitate to take a 9-year-old, presuming the bone fragment is Michaela, and it could be from a 13-year-old.

They were known to use different vehicles. I dont know if a white van was one of them, but it would not surprise me.

Maybe Leonard Padilla needs to make the same money offer to Deveggio?

Bumping for Ilene!

I saw a website where Mischaud is advertising for pen pals. Seems she is lonely on Death row. She apparently doesnt get much mail.

I wonder if the detectives working this case have tried to get her to talk after all these years. Maybe we all should send her pictures of Ilene and write on the back "What did you do to this child?"

Just a thought!

Last night I was watching with my husband a recent broadcast of a Dateline murder mystery about a woman in Alabama named Theresa Mayfield. About 3/4 of the way into the program, they were interviewing the local LE. On the wall right behind them, but in full view, was the missing/"KIDNAPPED" poster of Ilene with the age progression of her. I freeze framed it so my husband could verify it. You couldn't make out the small print, but I've seen this poster so many times, I'm positive it was her! So the good news is that her case has gotten national publicity, at least from LE, because this was in Alabama, a long way from Northern California!!!

It's crazy to think how many predators were in the Bay Area CA area, or who could have had easy access to the area through lots of traveling, like the speed freak killers.

Last night I was watching with my husband a recent broadcast of a Dateline murder mystery about a woman in Alabama named Theresa Mayfield. About 3/4 of the way into the program, they were interviewing the local LE. On the wall right behind them, but in full view, was the missing/"KIDNAPPED" poster of Ilene with the age progression of her. I freeze framed it so my husband could verify it. You couldn't make out the small print, but I've seen this poster so many times, I'm positive it was her! So the good news is that her case has gotten national publicity, at least from LE, because this was in Alabama, a long way from Northern California!!!
I just saw Ilene's mom in the parking lot of my Safeway a little while ago, but I didn't get the chance to tell her this news. P.S. Since she drives around with the posters of Ilene in her car windows, I was able to confirm it was Ilene's poster!

Bumping for Ilene. One day I hope you are able to find your way home in some way.

I'm interested to see if her remains come out of the wells connected to the SFK.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitafrombama
Back