CA - Imperial County, child abuse caught on tape

Sad. I don't know how the neighbor could video it and not intervene.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the first video that had no sound.

But the neighbor does open the window and yell at the evil stepdad. It was a heated exchange with some colorful language :blushing:

:steamed:

BrownRice, thanks for the two links! Here we go again ... where was the mother ???

I sure hope we get some more news on this - lots of questions!

Kudos to LE for taking action. He probably will not be in jail long as bond only $100,000.

A huge Thank You to the neighbor!!! :tyou: Now we need a media interview with him.

AMEN! I would LOVE to see an interview with the neighbor, Oscar!

Thank you Oscar! :rocker: :rocker: :woohoo:

California official arrested in videotaped beating during game of catch

An elected official in California has been arrested on accusations of felony child abuse after a neighbor videotaped him beating his stepson with a belt during a backyard game of catch, authorities told CNN Saturday.

Anthony Sanchez, 34, a director with the Imperial County Irrigation District, turned himself in to authorities Friday afternoon, said Imperial County Sheriff's Lt. Scott Sheppeard.

The case will be presented to the Imperial County District Attorney's office on Monday on whether a charge will be formally filed, Sheppeard told CNN.

Sanchez, a resident of Heber, was released Friday after posting bond on $100,000 bail, a jail clerk told CNN.

Sanchez is also a T-ball and soccer coach, CNN affiliate KGTV reported

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/california-official-arrested-in-videotaped-beating-during-game-of-catch

BBM :eek:

I hope he's not anymore! :what:

Some additional info I found from Mysticrose link above.

Sanchez was first elected in 2006 to the board of directors of the Imperial Irrigation District, a public water and electric utility, and was re-elected to another four-year term in 2010, according to the district's website. He also serves as an adviser in a district's ethics initiative.

ethics initiative, huh? :rolleyes:

Sanchez's wife, the stepson and a child born to Sanchez and his wife were in Alabama on Saturday on a long-planned summer vacation and couldn't be reached for comment, Childers said.

In the wake of the incident and arrest, Sanchez decided not to join his family on the vacation, the attorney said.

Thank God that boy is safe in Alabama.

No restraining order was issued in the case, and the boy's mother hasn't returned phone calls from sheriff's investigators, Sheppeard said.

"Mr. Sanchez's attorney ... advised us that she is under advisement not to speak with us," Sheppeard told CNN.

A restraining order should DEFINITELY be issued in this case! If Sanchez got that mad at his stepson for not catching a freaking ball, how mad do you think Sanchez is NOW that everyone knows about his abusive behavior?!

Also, SHAME on 'mom' for not speaking with investigators! I guess its clear that she has already picked her side. The love of a man over her own flesh and blood. We have seen it over and over again!

[video=youtube;KshkG9X9EwY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KshkG9X9EwY[/video]

This poor kid has no support! The grand parents support the step dad.. Sad.

From what I understand from previous conversations with LE concerning suspected child abuse, a person could be walking a fine line legally if you intervene and something unusual happens ... especially, if there are not reliable witnesses to the incident. I was told to call 911 :911: to report incidents of even suspected child abuse, and I have done so. In that manner, an incident report is passed on to DHHS. Such calls can be made anonymously.

I am not an attorney and do not know what the laws are on this issue.

There's no way mom didn't know this was going on.

I agree 100%. Wonder how long this has been going on. I wish we could find out if there are other children in the family.

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/california-official-arrested-in-videotaped-beating-during-game-of-catch[/QUOTE]

An elected official in California has been arrested on accusations of felony child abuse after a neighbor videotaped him beating his stepson with a belt during a backyard game of catch, authorities told CNN Saturday.

Sanchez is also a T-ball and soccer coach, CNN affiliate KGTV reported.

I missed the fact that this man is an elected county official ... probably thought he would continue to get by with it.

:skip: :skip: :skip:

BREAKING NEWS ANTHONY SANCHEZ RESIGNED HIS COUNTY POSITION

http://www.ivpressonline.com/news/ivp-iid-director-anthony-sanchez-resigns-
elected-position-20120609,0,5480596.story

5:17 p.m. PDT, June 9, 2012
Imperial Irrigation District Division 5 Director Anthony Sanchez has resigned his elected positions with the utility company, according to his lawyer.

Sanchez made the decision Saturday to be effective immediately, Ryan Childers said. With the circumstances surrounding the case, Sanchez said he wanted to focus his time and energy on the charges he's facing.

That is great news he "resigned.' Betchya it wasn't voluntarily.

And upthread someone posted he is a TBALL coach. I am hopeful the parents NEVER let him near their kids again. And an ethics board member. What a crock.

And the mother not contacting investigators. What a piece a crap she is as well. Sticking by her man. But the video is nothing new. She saw the live version often (I am guessing, not a fact) and never did anything. And now that her husband is out of a job, I'm sure there's going to be he!! to pay at that house when she gets home.

Again, sending out blessings to that neighbor. Since family often won't protect kids, it falls on the community, which often turns an eye and doesn't want to get involved. Thanks for getting involved!

:maddening:

A few remarks considered rumors from 191 Comments on youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xVQVBJgVxyM

Commentor says "Thank God" for the man Oscar Lopez filming and reporting this to Autorities because this is horrific. Says thank you Mr Lopez for stepping in instead of turning a cheek like some people do. You are a hero. :)
1 hour ago

Commentor says for those that have only watched the video, the scum bag step father withdrew his son from Little League about 2 months ago. Says he did a smack down on the kid for missing a ball during a game and some of the LL parents confronted his sorry *advertiser censored* on it.

Also, says once the loser found out about the youtube post and the warrant for his arrest on felony child abuse, he put his wife and kid on a plane to Alabama. Commentor feels these are not the actions of an innocent person. Bet the kid has a lot more stories to tell of abuse.
2 hours ago

Commentor feels there is no excuse. Says the only blessing here is that this NUT finally did it outside in public and someone else was able to bust him. Says, Lord only knows what else he's done behind closed doors. Commentor says he hopes the real father steps in and protects his son, clearly his Mother can't. Says if he does this for dropping the ball, think what else he would do. Says wonder how he would like getting hit with a belt. Sicko.
10 hours ago

This commentor says this dude is history, even if nothing happens to him legally his life is ruined...GOOD
15 hours ago

Commentor questions why does he even have a belt in his hand during a game of catch? Says the child will probably hate playing the game now. Says it's obvious the boy is in pain, you can see it on his face even though the video doesn't show his face close up. Poor child. No excuse for what happened.
17 hours ago

That is great news he "resigned.' Betchya it wasn't voluntarily.

And upthread someone posted he is a TBALL coach. I am hopeful the parents NEVER let him near their kids again. And an ethics board member. What a crock.

And the mother not contacting investigators. What a piece a crap she is as well. Sticking by her man. But the video is nothing new. She saw the live version often (I am guessing, not a fact) and never did anything. And now that her husband is out of a job, I'm sure there's going to be he!! to pay at that house when she gets home.

Again, sending out blessings to that neighbor. Since family often won't protect kids, it falls on the community, which often turns an eye and doesn't want to get involved. Thanks for getting involved!

Oh, I agree ... it would not have been a voluntary resignation!!! :D

And, I doubt that he is coaching any T-ball and soccer ... read the comment in my last post where he apparently smacked his stepson around at a game and some of the parents confronted him!! The only person he is going to be coaching is "wifey" letting her know she will get the he!! beat out of her if she doesn't cooperate.

I wonder if that is his parents in Alabama or the wife's. I believe it is his parents ... so she is apparently being monitored. Long-planned summer vacation, my azz!!

Wow, some people just don't belong around children. Kudos to the dad who videoed this and brought it out into the open. He has probably saved that child from years of trauma and abuse.

If that man would beat the boy during what should be a friendly and fun game of catch, then I can only imagine what he would do behind closed doors.

The mother needs to leave this creep or give up custody. I would NEVER allow anyone to hit my child or treat him that way.

If the neighbor had intervened before videotaping or called police instead of videotaping, or had not posted this video on-line, I have a feeling the would have gotten away with it, since he is a county official.

I think the neighbor did exactly the right thing. He forced LE's hand.

Anthony Sanchez, California Official, Caught On Camera Allegedly Beating Stepson - YouTube

This poor kid has no support! The grand parents support the step dad.. Sad.

This child should be removed from the home. Have they seen the video? Cringe-worthy. No doubt about it, this little boy is being horribly abused at his home, his mother is allowing it and even his grandparents support it.

Now he's been whisked away to Alabama with the mother so no one can interview him. CPS should demand immediate return of this poor child so he can be interviewed before the mother and step-father's family convince him not to divulge what's been going on.

Poor baby. How the child's family dares to defend the actions of that abuser is beyond me. I wonder if his father is in position to take custody.

Hi Gitana1 .... I have clicked everything I can find on the web page and cannot find the video. Is anyone else able to view the video???

Southernana. On the page at the top there is a video. Top and center. It took a while to load. I'm not sure if this is the more clear version since I didn't view the original. Trying to keep my blood pressure in check and all...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hi Gitana1 .... I have clicked everything I can find on the web page and cannot find the video. Is anyone else able to view the video???

I clicked the link and it's right there. First thing you see with a white arrow that turns yellow when you roll over it. It shows him whipping the boy who falls down, he then grabs the kid by the arm and drags him up, whipping him again and then a third time, as he is propelled forward from the blow. These are different blows from the ones on the right of the screen in the original video, when he comes over to the boy, strikes him, goes back to get ready to throw the ball, but apparently the child is crying so he goes back to him and hits him twice more. By my accounts, this creep strikes the child in the videos I have seen, at least six times.

I'm sickened by this and by his and his family's attempts to cover up or excuse the abuse. This child should be removed from the mother's custody, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back