CA - Imperial County, child abuse caught on tape

Yeah, Gitana's video is worse. That poor child.

Apparently, the entire video can be viewed here. http://icso.org/1206-0614.htm

It's much longer, but I have not viewed it as it is taking long to load. (It's two videos). Also, I found the link in a comment from youtube and I am afraid of viruses so I clicked off it when it took too long to load. It seems like a legit link but I get nervous.

Yes, where is mom? Why the heck is she allowing such abuse of her child?

I hope she is in jail also!

Salem

Apparently the full video shows the mom come out of the house and then go back in, allowing the abuse to continue. This child was whisked away to Alabama with her, probably to hide any marks and brainwash him before CPS can interview him.

She should be charged too, with a felony under California Penal Code section 273 a, subsection (a):
(a) Any person who, under circumstances or conditions likely to produce great bodily harm or death, willfully causes or permits any child to suffer, or inflicts thereon unjustifiable physical pain or mental suffering, or having the care or custody of any child, willfully causes or permits the person or health of that child to be injured, or willfully causes or permits that child to be placed in a situation where his or her person or health is endangered, shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or in the state prison for two, four, or six years.
Or, at the least, a misdemeanor under 273a (b):
(b) Any person who, under circumstances or conditions other than those likely to produce great bodily harm or death, willfully causes or permits any child to suffer, or inflicts thereon unjustifiable physical pain or mental suffering, or having the care or custody of any child, willfully causes or permits the person or health of that child to be injured, or willfully causes or permits that child to be placed in a situation where his or her person or health may be endangered, is guilty of a misdemeanor.
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=00001-01000&file=270-273.75

Apparently, the entire video can be viewed here. http://icso.org/1206-0614.htm

It's much longer, but I have not viewed it as it is taking long to load. (It's two videos). Also, I found the link in a comment from youtube and I am afraid of viruses so I clicked off it when it took too long to load. It seems like a legit link but I get nervous.

OMG, gitana! I hadn't seen that video before. That is longer than the other one I saw. That poor boy!

CPS needs to demand that the boy and his mother return from the Alabama 'vacation', and start an investigation pronto!

OMG, gitana! I hadn't seen that video before. That is longer than the other one I saw. That poor boy!

CPS needs to demand that the boy and his mother return from the Alabama 'vacation', and start an investigation pronto!

Jeez Louise. I finally watched it. It goes on and on and on. You can tell the child is just defeated and devastated, just sobbing and begging and pleading and hopeless. What a *advertiser censored* that man is. What complete *advertiser censored*.

And for the mother to allow it and the grandparents to condone such abuse? My gosh. I don't know what to say. This poor kid has little hope of a happy childhood or anyone protecting him.

Here's a transcript of an interview with the grandfather. He claims he has seen the tape and that his grandson was "mouthing off" to Sanchez during this whole episode and that this is an on-going problem. http://tribwekchron.com/2012/06/gra...ony-sanchezs-actions-in-grandsons-discipline/.

Really? I call b.s.. There is something wrong with these people. The neighbor who taped it said he heard the step-dad calling the boy stupid. He never said anything about the child mouthing off. That child looked scared and defeated, not angry and mouthy. And if that was the case, the creep would not have resigned from his position. He knew he did wrong.

It sickens me that the grandfather is defending this monster.

Also, what does gramps say about the rumor that he smacked this child for not catching a ball on the baseball field and that other parents got upset about that? What's with the cover-up? Are they liking the money this creep brings home to their daughter? Enough that they will condone such abuse?

The video, BTW, the whole video, is 7 full minutes of this a-hole beating on the sad, little boy. SEVEN MINUTES!!!

I can't and won't watch 7 minutes of it. It was horrible when I thought it was only a minute.

And for the mom to come out during it. Shame on her. And shame on the entire family. EVEN IF the kid was mouthing off - even if.........do you belt him and belt him and belt him until he can't stand and then do it again? No you don't.

Bullsheet! The grandfather and the stepdads attorney can spew off all they want, I don't buy any of it.

It's good to know this little boys name is Zach.

Zach, I am praying for you sweetheart, I don't care if you were mouthing off or suffer from ADHA, or anything else they might say about you. You are valued and loved and do NOT deserve to be disciplined like that.

Oh, and moms name is Dana.

Dana, shame on you for knowing this was going on and not stopping it. You have an obligation to protect your innocent son and you did nothing! I'm a mother and how you were able to stay inside your home while your husband was doing that to Zach is beyond my comprehension. How did the cries and wailing of your boy not just tear at your heart???

Oh, and another thing!

I want to know where Zach's real father is. I would like to hear from him.

AND

I really want someone to interview the neighbor, Oscar. He's a hero to me for not ignoring what was going on next door.

This is so wrong on so many levels. Thanks, Oscar for reporting it. I hope that little boy gets help and someone finally stands up and speaks for him.

http://tribwekchron.com/2012/06/gra...ony-sanchezs-actions-in-grandsons-discipline/.

Really? I call b.s.. There is something wrong with these people. The neighbor who taped it said he heard the step-dad calling the boy stupid. He never said anything about the child mouthing off. That child looked scared and defeated, not angry and mouthy. And if that was the case, the creep would not have resigned from his position. He knew he did wrong.

Also, what does gramps say about the rumor that he smacked this child for not catching a ball on the baseball field and that other parents got upset about that? What's with the cover-up? Are they liking the money this creep brings home to their daughter? Enough that they will condone such abuse?

The video, BTW, the whole video, is 7 full minutes of this a-hole beating on the sad, little boy. SEVEN MINUTES!!!

Thanks for sending the second link ... I had seen the video that was on the news and saved it ... but I particularly wanted to see that mother coming out and going back inside her house!! I quit watching before that scene came up so will try again tomorrow. That child was so tormented and that man just kept on hitting him - I saw him being pulled up by his arm. :please:

I have found another Commentor who remarks on the boy getting beaten on at the ball park by his dad because he dropped the ball. I will post more Comments later.

Yes ... there is something definitely wrong with all of these people in that family, that we know of so far. And, that GF telling Lester Holt that, well his grandson is ADHD and implying that physical punishment works better on him!!

The whole family of adults are mental cases!!!

And, BTW I am so glad to see you join us on this thread!!

:giggle:

Southernana. On the page at the top there is a video. Top and center. It took a while to load. I'm not sure if this is the more clear version since I didn't view the original. Trying to keep my blood pressure in check and all...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Angels ... thanks for your response. I never could view the video on that page ... I felt so dumb! But, I did watch most of the second link that gitana1 posted and it was sickening! My DH was sitting in the same room trying to read ... and I was saying "not again, not again" and he says "what the He!!"... so, I had to calm down.

Thanks again!

:mad:

Bullsheet! The grandfather and the stepdads attorney can spew off all they want,
I don't buy any of it. It's good to know this little boys name is Zach.
Zach, I am praying for you sweetheart, I don't care if you were mouthing off or suffer from ADHA, or anything else they might say about you. You are valued and loved and do NOT deserve to be disciplined like that.

Oh, and moms name is Dana.

Dana, shame on you for knowing this was going on and not stopping it. You have an obligation to protect your innocent son and you did nothing! I'm a mother and how you were able to stay inside your home while your husband was doing that to Zach is beyond my comprehension. How did the cries and wailing of your boy not just tear at your heart???

I want to know where Zach's real father is. I would like to hear from him.
I really want someone to interview the neighbor, Oscar. He's a hero to me for not ignoring what was going on next door.

Hi LoveJac .... I noticed you have the name of the mother also. Can you provide me a link where you obtained it. Thanks! Going sleuthing. :wink:

:mad:

Bumping for southernanna! :seeya:

I found the boys name and moms name in this transcript that gitana posted.

Here's a transcript of an interview with the grandfather. He claims he has seen the tape and that his grandson was "mouthing off" to Sanchez during this whole episode and that this is an on-going problem. http://tribwekchron.com/2012/06/gra...ony-sanchezs-actions-in-grandsons-discipline/.

Wow ... It looks as though the people of Imperial County were looking for a reason to get Anthony Sanchez out of office. He was recently re-elected for a second term. What terrible circumstances that it took him beating his stepson with a belt to be made public for the "real" Anthony Sanchez to become known to the voters in Imperial County.

Below are remarks, considered rumors, taken from Facebook Comments of media link below:

htp://www.nowpublic.com/strange/anthony-sanchez-video-child-abuse-caught-camera-2941447.htmlremi10

at 12:36 on June 9th, 2012
Commentor says emails to the management and board of directors at IID are below, please write to them to protest this mans position.

rdschettler@iid.com; jchanks@iid.com; jpmenvielle@iid.com; mjchampion@iid.com; jobs@iid.com; jmgarber@iid.com; jkivy@iid.com; jpsilva@iid.com

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions...nchez-iid-director-division-5/signatures.html

We need your support to move ahead, do not let this get swept under the carpet. Please sign the petition we need 7000 signatures. We may have to go door to door. Working with local officials to get this done right. Thank you.

:yesss:

The Facebook link below has very interesting information for those of us waiting to learn the status of Zach's father or the paternal side of his family.
The commentor identifying herself as the paternal aunt ... a name is given on the Facebook link. The mother's name is referred to by posters as "Dana Grammer Sanchez" and as being from Alabama.

Facebook comments are technically considered rumors.

Imperial Valley Press
June 10 at 3:32am

https://www.facebook.com/ivpress/posts/430457723642481

****** ****** **** (Name)

Commentor says she would like to first state that she is the boy's aunt. My brother is the boy's father.

@Jan: Commentor says, unfortunately his mother is supporting the stepfather. As seen by her father (the grandfather) being on national news saying "it wasn't that bad ... Terry Grammer is lying through his teeth and he knows it. Says as to your question of how many times the child has been abused before, we are currently unaware of how often this has occurred but believe it has occurred frequently if he is doing this in the yard where others can see it.

@Lorraine: Commentor says your statement is exactly what we're afraid of. We have no idea what has gone on behind closed doors.

@Marisa: Says THANK YOU for saying that! Spanking does NOT help him. Every time he is with me, I use POSITIVE reinforcement to encourage him to behave and I have NEVER spanked him in my life (and I have spent a considerable amount of time with him).

Says the worst part about the boy saying he can't breath (on the video) is that he has asthma! He suffers severely from it and being forced into physical exertion like this doesn't help!

She says the only people siding with him are not strangers, it's just that the mother's family has fought VERY hard to keep the boy's father's family out of his life. She has been accusing my brother of physically abusing the boy for years yet she has never provided any proof. Commentor says, now this comes out? Says believe me, we are fighting HARD to get him out of this physically abusive environment.

Commentor thanks all for supporting him and says please keep pushing for Anthony Sanchez to face serious criminal charges! Says her nephew needs all of the help he can get!

June 11 at 11:23pm


Commentor Mayra says: my prayers for your family. It's a relief to know that someone within his family is fighting for what is right.

June 11 at 11:46pm



Commentor Marisa says: Thank you for fighting for your nephew. Says she is so glad he has family on his side. Says she was so angry at his maternal grandfather for saying that he would never let anyone hurt his grandson and that was exactly what he was doing by siding with Sanchez. Says the man who filmed the video said he heard what was being said and it was only the step-father saying angry cruel things and not the boy.

Marisa says, so the grandfather saying the boy told him he was the one having a bad day and saying horrible things and that the boy didn't want to be taken away from his mom and Sanchez was not true. Says sometimes kids do side with abusers because they have been threatened .... Says she really hopes her brother gets FULL custody of his son.

Thursday at 2:05am

:D :yesss: :D

ANTHONY SANCHEZ CHARGED WITH SUSPICION OF CORPORAL INJURY TO A CHILD AND CHILD ABUSE

http://www.ivpressonline.com/news/l...use-viral-video-case-20120623,0,5237476.story

Sanchez charged in alleged child abuse viral video case
1:01 a.m. PDT, June 23, 2012

Former Imperial Irrigation District Director Anthony Sanchez has been charged with suspicion of corporal injury to a child and child abuse, charges that can each carry up to six years in a state prison.

Imperial County District Attorney Gilbert Otero announced Friday that the two felony charges had been filed against Sanchez, who is accused of hitting his stepson with a belt on June 6.

In the first charge — corporal injury to a child — the District Attorney’s Office claims that Sanchez inflicted “cruel and inhuman corporal punishment and injury, resulting in a traumatic condition, upon the child,” according to court records. The second charge of child abuse reads that the defendant permitted “the person and health of said child to be injured and did willfully cause and permit said child to be placed in such situation that his/her person and health was/were endangered.”

However, Sanchez’s attorney said that the charges are overblown.

Members of Sanchez’s family, like the stepson’s maternal grandfather, have put their support behind Sanchez, trying to explain the situation in the national media.

Sanchez will be arraigned July 10.

More in Link

:cheer:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member