CA CA - Jeannette Kamahele, 20, Santa Rosa, 25 April 1972

I have often wondered if Jeannette were a Bundy victim and not a victim of the Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murderer. Some articles have come out in recent years that LE thinks Bundy may have done the Santa Rosa murders but I tend to think these are 2 separate individuals.

I have often wondered if Jeannette were a Bundy victim and not a victim of the Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murderer. Some articles have come out in recent years that LE thinks Bundy may have done the Santa Rosa murders but I tend to think these are 2 separate individuals.

I completely agree with this. Jeannette just looks so much like the type of woman Bundy would want to grab, and the SRHH murderer seemed to want to display his victims. I also feel like a few of the other murders attributed or connected to SRHH are other killers, there were so many operating in that same area of California back then.

The fact that Jeannette was last seen getting into a pickup doesn't match up with Bundy, but that driver may have let her off elsewhere. Anyway, I know it's unlikely.

I could see Bundy having done one or two of the SRHH murders - Roger Kibbe and Ed Kemper, too. But I don't think any of those three were the main SRHH killer, just that he might have picked up credit for a couple of their victims because they were all operating in the same area at around the same time (maybe not Kibbe, his first known victim was in 1977, but I feel like he probably started killing not long after he married in 1971 or 1972) and they seemed to be serial killer victims.

The only theory I think really makes sense is that the SRHH killer was the Zodiac, just because they had similar lack of a soolid victim profile/preferred murder method, the Zodiac hinted at other victims, and if you buy into the theories about moons and astrology and stuff tied to SRHH murders, it sort of makes sense. Even then I'm not sure, though. Sorry, I tend to ramble about these cases.

Bumping for Jeannette; apparently the only one of the Santa Rosa Hitchhiker victims who remains missing.

You don't think she was taken by Ed Kemper, do you? She does look a bit like Alice Liu. Plus, it wasn't too far from where he was targeting victims. If he did take her, however, poor child. Even 3+ years after I first learnt about Kemper, he makes me feel sick to the stomach. Unlike Bundy and other 70s killers, he's still alive. I'm amazed he wasn't given the death penalty.

You don't think she was taken by Ed Kemper, do you? She does look a bit like Alice Liu. Plus, it wasn't too far from where he was targeting victims. If he did take her, however, poor child. Even 3+ years after I first learnt about Kemper, he makes me feel sick to the stomach. Unlike Bundy and other 70s killers, he's still alive. I'm amazed he wasn't given the death penalty.

I wonder if Kemper was ever in the Santa Rosa area. I believe one of his victims was abducted from Berkeley; but I think that's as far north as he traveled for his victims. The death penalty had been suspended at the time of his arrest and trial. Otherwise he might have been sentenced to the gas chamber.

I wonder if Kemper was ever in the Santa Rosa area. I believe one of his victims was abducted from Berkeley; but I think that's as far north as he traveled for his victims. The death penalty had been suspended at the time of his arrest and trial. Otherwise he might have been sentenced to the gas chamber.

I think Kemper would be hard to miss since he was essentially a giant.

Who is Kemper?

Edmund Kemper was a serial killer who operated in Santa Cruz county., 75 miles to the south of Santa Rosa in 1972-73. He is serving a Life sentence and has given a full confession for the Santa Cruz Murders he is suspected of committing. There is no evidence that he operated outside of that area, but who knows?

If the Zodiac was responsible for the Hitchhiker Murders, he had entirely different murderous habits in the Bay Area than in Sonoma County. The Santa Rosa victims were young women who were abducted, throttled, stripped naked, and discarded. The Bay Area victims were of both genders, shot where they were found, left untouched, and some of them survived the attack.

No similarities in style whatsoever.

BTW, just why is Jeannette considered a Santa Rosa Hitchhiker victim anyhow? The sole evidence I have seen thus far is that she coincidentally disappeared right in the middle of the series of Santa Rosa Hitchhike Murders. Nothing else.

Or is LE holding out some info?

A friend of hers saw her out hitchhiking and get into a truck that stopped for her. They were able to give a description of the driver and the vehicle that closely matched that of the suspected perpetrator of the SRHM. For awhile it was thought that she could be Santa Rosa Jane Doe (who was found not far from where victim Lori Lee Kursa had been discovered years earlier) but she was later ruled out. Source: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kamahele_jeannette.html.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back