CA CA - Jeannette Kamahele, 20, Santa Rosa, 25 April 1972

What I find most interesting in Jeannette's disappearance is that she was seen getting a ride from a pickup truck with a homemade wooden camper. These hand crafted campers are distinctive and rare. It seems that a BOLO would result in the stoppage of all such vehicles and the subsequent identification of the offender(s)' truck.

What I find most interesting in Jeannette's disappearance is that she was seen getting a ride from a pickup truck with a homemade wooden camper. These hand crafted campers are distinctive and rare. It seems that a BOLO would result in the stoppage of all such vehicles and the subsequent identification of the offender(s)' truck.

Yes, I think that really would have been the key to solving not just Jeannette's case but all of the SRHM. If this had happened today that probably would have been the first thing done. Unfortunately with the way missing persons cases were handled at the time particularly if, like Jeannette, the person was either an adult or teenager, it would be a lower priority unless there were very obvious signs of foul play at the beginning. Who knows how much time and useful information was lost because of that.

There are still pick up trucks with homemade wooden campers driving on the highways and byways of California. I guess a list of owners could be generated using DMV records, but they wouldn't go back to the 1970s.

I was reading about her case this AM. I saw they were running DNA for the 1079 victim again in Santa Rosa just to make sure. I went to namus to look for the UP and there is no Jane Doe listed for the date that victim was found which was 7/2/1979.

I was reading about her case this AM. I saw they were running DNA for the 1079 victim again in Santa Rosa just to make sure. I went to namus to look for the UP and there is no Jane Doe listed for the date that victim was found which was 7/2/1979.

She was actually found on 7 July 1979 (sometimes listed as the 6th), not the 2nd. Also, this Jane Doe is not currently in NamUs.

With an exasperated sigh, I will once again point out why the Zodiac wasn't also the SR Hitchhiker Killer.

Zodiac shot victims of both genders, some of whom survived. He left them in place. He tormented LE with boasting phone calls and letters.

The Santa Rosa killer killed only young women and girls. He carried them away. He kept his mouth shut.

These are only a few of the dissimilarities in MO between the two. The comparison can be extended, but the end result is going to be the same. Their only similarities are that they are serial killers.

I agree, I don’t think Z was the Santa Rosa killer either.

What really frustrates me about this case is that there was a girl who likely survived the Santa Rosa killer. She was attacked to the point that she had to be hospitalized.

I’m not sure about naming her because there used to be a lengthy thread about her here but it disappeared. Her initials were LS.

She was picked up around 1971. She died in the 1990s and there seems to be a lot of secrecy about her.

I don’t see why LE won’t release the info she gave about her attacker, was it the same kind of truck and hairstyle as the man who picked up Jeannette?

You’d think if it’s the same guy, with the info we have from Jeannette’s case plus whatever description LS gave, someone could identify him?

Odyssey, can you link to some articles about the girl who survived?

Unfortunately I don’t remember the source for her death in the 90s. I don’t know how she died. There was a picture of her grave in the old thread here, or a link to one. I forget which. It might be on find-a-grave or a similar site.

Those articles don't imply that Lisa lived or that she died in the 90s

Those articles don't imply that Lisa lived or that she died in the 90s

Did you not see the image of the old news article at the second link? The article is about her being found alive after having been attacked while hitchhiking.

You are right that the articles don’t say she died in the 90s. Like I said in my previous post, there used to be a thread here about her. I remember there was an image of her grave showing she died in the 90s (at the time she was still listed as an MP and the dob matched) but I don’t recall the source of that image, otherwise I’d link to it.

no i didn't see that. i want to know why that image was taken down. also, lisa smith is a common name. are we sure our lisa smith died in the 90s

Findagrave doesn't yield any info on the subject Lisa Michelle Smith.

Thanks for the post, dogperson. I get tired of telling folks that the Zodiac didn't strip and kill girls just because an author made a desperate and unfounded claim. I must have posted this in half a dozen threads so far. You just spared me one more unneeded post.

Good eye PricklyPear. I share your opinion and hope the two are looked at as a match. I see that your post is from 2015. There was a more-modern drawing of UP#7765 and it looks even closer to Jeanette's likeness. I covered the potential for the match at my website and noted similar clothing descriptions between the UP and the MP.

Kamahele.JPG

Another possibility: Unidentified Person Case

The reconstructed face looks a little narrow to me, but I have to say I question the proportions on that sculpture a lot. It just doesn't look realistic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back