GUILTY CA - Justice Rees, 2 wks, Woodland, 24 Feb 2015

'Randy Green said he last spoke to Samantha on Saturday when she was supposed to bring the new baby over to his house for a visit. He said his daughter was acting “fine” but that she didn’t show up. Two days later, family members reported her missing..

Law enforcement did not release the name of the baby’s father. But a Sacramento man named Frank Rees posted on his Facebook page that Samantha Green is his fiancée and Justice was his child. “If anyone sees Samantha Green my beautiful fiancee please tell her that EVERYONE is worried sick about her and Justice. We love you Samantha. Just come home babe. I miss you and our son soooooo much. Whatever it is you want different we can fix...'

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article11131949.html#storylink=cpy

Another update:

In an interview later on Wednesday, Yolo County Sheriff Ed Prieto said Green was not a suspect. He said his investigators would be talking to her again.

"Everything right now is so sketchy and it is so difficult from the mere fact that we don't have any independent witnesses and nobody at this point has come forward to give us any additional information," Prieto said. "Any claims that she makes we are going to look into them."

The sheriff added, 'We are certainly going to make sure that if she was abducted or if she was assaulted, we are definitely going to look into it."

Prieto said another question is how did the baby end up where it was found.

"It wasn't like someone opened up a car door and walking 10 steps and dropping a child off. It was an effort, you had to cross the slough," Prieto said.

http://www.news10.net/story/news/local/davis/2015/02/25/knights-landing-search-baby/23982105/

This case featured on Nancy Grace tonight, I think. Did anyone see it?

This case featured on Nancy Grace tonight, I think. Did anyone see it?

Yes, I did. Nancy spent the first half hour on the case and even announced "breaking news" that the baby was found deceased. (My hometown is about 7 miles from Woodland, so this case especially caught my attention.)

What was interesting is the man who found Samantha claimed he contacted LE, yet I also read in one of the articles that the mother called 911 herself. She was released from Woodland Memorial Hospital this afternoon. I am sure more info will be forthcoming in the next several days.

Such a tragedy all around.

Terrible tragedy R.I.P little one extremely sad.

Latest article:

"Police found the body of a missing baby in the wild brush of a slough in Northern California Wednesday morning, after he and his mother were reported missing.

Yolo County sheriff’s deputies found 20-day-old Justice Rees near wetlands along the Sacramento River in Knights Landing after a night of searching.

Authorities say that 23-year-old Samantha Green called 911 in a panic Tuesday evening after being reported missing on Monday."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-mother-reported-missing.html#ixzz3Sp0HrcC8

Curiouser and curiouser:

Police said Green has been discharged from a local hospital, but Green's family said she has not and added they haven't been able to get in touch with her.

Green is not a suspect in her baby's death, but police would still like to talk to her to learn more information about what might have happened.

A command post has been set up in Knights Landing as authorities continue to search for possible evidence.

http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news...ce-infant-missing-from-woodland-area/31464848

Curiouser and curiouser:

Police said Green has been discharged from a local hospital, but Green's family said she has not and added they haven't been able to get in touch with her.

Green is not a suspect in her baby's death, but police would still like to talk to her to learn more information about what might have happened.

A command post has been set up in Knights Landing as authorities continue to search for possible evidence.

http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news...ce-infant-missing-from-woodland-area/31464848

BBM

Such a strange sentence. If, as the family says, Green hasn't been discharged from the hospital why can't they "get in touch with her"? She'd be in the hospital, no? It makes no sense.

And the police want to speak with her again but they don't know where she is?!

Also, if Green didn't show for the family get together on Saturday, why was it that it took two days for her to be reported missing? By her family, no less, and not her fiancé? She lived with him, his mom, and his four kids from another relationship. They would have noticed that Green and Justice weren't there. Was there a fight? Was it assumed she was with her family?

What a sad, sad case.

BBM

Such a strange sentence. If, as the family says, Green hasn't been discharged from the hospital why can't they "get in touch with her"? She'd be in the hospital, no? It makes no sense.

And the police want to speak with her again but they don't know where she is?!

Also, if Green didn't show for the family get together on Saturday, why was it that it took two days for her to be reported missing? By her family, no less, and not her fiancé? She lived with him, his mom, and his four kids from another relationship. They would have noticed that Green and Justice weren't there. Was there a fight? Was it assumed she was with her family?

What a sad, sad case.

It's possible that they cannot confirm her being there because she's being held under a 5150 or something - ie discharged from ER to psych.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's possible that they cannot confirm her being there because she's being held under a 5150 or something - ie discharged from ER to psych.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point, granola. LE says she was discharged from the "local" hospital. Is there a psychiatric hospital nearby? This would explain why LE hasn't completed their interview with her and why the family has not been able to speak with her.

But then you have this from http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015...tice-as-questions-surround-20-day-olds-death/...

No one from the baby’s family was at Wednesday night’s vigil, but a relative says the boy’s mother and father spent several hours down at police headquarters talking to investigators.

Where did the mom go after she spoke with police? A little confusing, IMO.

Samantha Green’s family and extended family were frantic with worry. She had failed to show up at a family gathering on Saturday with her new infant son. Her mother and sister called Woodland police on Monday to report that she and the baby were missing.
“She was a little first-time mom,” Rees said of Green, who had lived in her home for the past year along with her son, Frank Rees, Justice’s father, and his four children from a previous relationship. “She was so sweet with Justice. There were some hiccups, but it was just all new-mom stuff, like trying to figure out how to make day and night work. ... She was a good mom. Attentive. I don’t think she did anything to that baby.”

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article11131949.html

I'm still unclear as to when mom actually went missing - reports vary between Saturday and Monday. But even if it was Monday, I wonder about things like whether she had food and water.

BTW, I can only imagine the stress of caring for a newborn along with four other kids, although she had dad and grandparents to help (hopefully). I wonder about those "hiccups."

On Wednesday night, the family acknowledged both of the infant's parents had been questioned by Yolo County investigators. The family said Green gave authorities the name and a description of a man she claims abducted her and her baby.

"Samantha just came back from talking to the sheriff's. She was abducted. She recognized the person and she gave them his name," the baby's paternal grandmother Patty Rees said. "I hope he's already in custody since they knew who he was but yes, don't judge Samantha. She was a good mom."

Repeated calls to the Yolo County Sheriff's Department to confirm the family's claim were not returned.

http://www.news10.net/story/news/local/davis/2015/02/25/knights-landing-search-baby/23982105/

Er
Good point, granola. LE says she was discharged from the "local" hospital. Is there a psychiatric hospital nearby? This would explain why LE hasn't completed their interview with her and why the family has not been able to speak with her.

But then you have this from http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015...tice-as-questions-surround-20-day-olds-death/...

Where did the mom go after she spoke with police? A little confusing, IMO.
Woodland Memorial has a psych ward. Only one outside of Sacramento for the area.

This is disturbing. Where was the Dad? Why did Dad live with his mother and 4 kids plus his child with his girlfriend? Who is the mother of the 4 other children? JMO

What happened to the car she was driving?

What happened to the car she was driving?

NG covered this last night, but I was only half paying attention. I think the car was found a mile away from her and the child was found a mile away as well, but not near the car. The car seat was still in the car. A panelist noted that the injuries did not seem to be self-inflicted (to the Mom).....JMO

The reply with quote is not working for me right now. This is from MsMarple's post #31 on page 2 here.

Ricardo Villaseñor, the man who found Green Tuesday and called authorities, said he heard screams asking for help. He went to Green's rescue and she told him she had been kidnapped, he said. Green told him her baby had frozen to death.

Green had scratches and bruises but Villaseñor said it looked like the result of spending a couple of nights in the woods, not from a physical confrontation.

He said Green knew exactly where her car was but could not remember how it got there. He then called police.
A positive identification of the baby is pending testing, Cecchettiini said.

The article also says Green has been discharged from the hospital.

http://www.news10.net/story/news/loc...baby/23982105/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back