CONVICTION OVERTURNED CA - Kathryn 'Kate' Steinle, 32, fatally shot, Pier 14, San Francisco, 1 July 2015

All this illegal immigrant baloney is just that baloney, in 1978 I worked for a stereo manufacturer who employed 90 % illegals to do all the warehouse work. On Friday the INS would barge in and yank the time cards of all these peeps, take their paychecks and put them on a plane back the Mexico, the staff would just make new time cards and most if not all were back by Monday ready to work. It was kind of a joke around the office when the buses would show up they would scatter like rats running in all directions. What good does it do ? We need better border patrol to stop them from getting back in. They do not scare me. ISIS types are what scares me and you can bet they use the same pathways these Mexicans use to gain entry.

Really? This should have been done already. These are criminals being deported. They are here illegally. Had this felon (illegal immigrant) been picked up by ICE after his prison release this innocent woman would be alive.

If we had gun control, she would still be alive too. But nobody cares about that. People would rather use her death to promote their anti-immigrant agenda.

All this illegal immigrant baloney is just that baloney, in 1978 I worked for a stereo manufacturer who employed 90 % illegals to do all the warehouse work. On Friday the INS would barge in and yank the time cards of all these peeps, take their paychecks and put them on a plane back the Mexico, the staff would just make new time cards and most if not all were back by Monday ready to work. It was kind of a joke around the office when the buses would show up they would scatter like rats running in all directions. What good does it do ? We need better border patrol to stop them from getting back in. They do not scare me. ISIS types are what scares me and you can bet they use the same pathways these Mexicans use to gain entry.

No terrorists has come through Mexico. But we just had a domestic terrorist murder nine African American citizens. But lets ignore that and go after a bunch of Mexican laborers, trying to make a living.:facepalm:

How would gun control prevent a federal agent from stupidly leaving his weapon in an unattended vehicle? We need immigration control. JMO

If we had gun control, she would still be alive too. But nobody cares about that. People would rather use her death to promote their anti-immigrant agenda.

Like CHICAGO?

Just as some use the gun control agenda, others use the illegal agenda. Equal in a political arena. JMO. I also disagree that nobody cares that she isn't alive. I bet the majority on both sides (gun control supporters and anti-illegal immigration/anti-sanctuary city supporters) both are upset she was shot and killed.

It's a shame, and a person with multiple felonies and multiple deportations and is a boomarang and is able to get back to SF doesn't bother people? It IS an issue that people can get over our border so easily as to do it numerous times. How can anyone feel safe about our border?!

By Carla Marinucci and Heather Knight
Updated 9:26 am, Wednesday, July 8, 2015

In a sharply worded rebuke just days after the killing of Kathryn Steinle, U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein said the man charged with her murder — an immigrant in this country illegally who had a string of felonies and deportations — “should not have been released” by the San Francisco Sheriff’s Department and urged the city to “take immediate action” against further tragedy and join a new federal program aimed at deporting “dangerous criminal aliens.”
In a letter to San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee, Feinstein expressed her outrage that defendant Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez was freed in April despite a detainer from Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials. She placed the blame for his crime squarely on Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi&#8217;s department. <snip> Feinstein, a former mayor of San Francisco, urged local officials to &#8220;prevent such a tragedy from happening again&#8221; by having the city participate in the Department of Homeland Security&#8217;s new Priority Enforcement Program, which was created as part of President Obama&#8217;s 2014 executive actions on immigration. <snip>But progressive members of the Board of Supervisors on Tuesday reiterated their strong support for San Francisco&#8217;s sanctuary city policy and the legislation, approved by all supervisors and the mayor in 2013, prohibiting the release of undocumented immigrants to ICE unless they have committed violent felonies. The release of Lopez-Sanchez appears to have been in line with city policy because none of his felonies was violent. <snip>In her first major televised interview as a presidential candidate, Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton also joined the chorus, telling CNN, &#8220;I think the city made a mistake&#8221; by not handing Lopez-Sanchez over to ICE, and saying he should have been deported.
<snip>
On Capitol Hill on Tuesday, legislators slammed both local and federal officials for freeing Lopez-Sanchez.
&#8220;He had a criminal warrant but was released into the general society to commit a murder. Does that make any sense to you?&#8221; Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., chairman of the Senate&#8217;s Homeland Security Committee, said at a Tuesday hearing. &#8220;Because I&#8217;ll tell you it doesn&#8217;t make any sense to the American public.&#8221;
Philip Miller, an ICE official, blamed San Francisco, saying officials here did not honor a federal request, known as a detainer, to keep Lopez-Sanchez in custody. Mirkarimi has repeatedly defended his office&#8217;s move &#8212; and has faulted ICE for failing to deliver a warrant for Lopez-Sanchez, which he insists would be required to detain him further.<snip>&#8220;Bottom line is a young innocent woman has been murdered in cold blood, in front of her father, by a 5 time deported illegal alien drug dealer. He is an ILLEGAL ALIEN not an undocumented immigrant and if he was where he belonged (Mexico) this innocent victim would still be alive,&#8221; the union&#8217;s post reads.

more at link: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Feinstein-Immigrant-charged-in-killing-should-6371304.php

No terrorists has come through Mexico. But we just had a domestic terrorist murder nine African American citizens. But lets ignore that and go after a bunch of Mexican laborers, trying to make a living.:facepalm:

Where have you been? The murder in Charleston was ignored?

I'd be surprised if anything in San Francisco changes. There have been other cases like this, for example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Ramos

Same talking points back then. Nothing changed.

Murders get coverage like this. Rapes and assaults not so much.

According to CnN this a.m. ice took him to s.f. Then let him go, he was arrested for something in s.f. , and before he was released by s.f. Sheriffs office they the sheriff failed to notify ice. Sheriff probably figured ice would just release him anyways.
So, before all this happened he was in ice custody. One question is why ice let him go? Another is did Ice transport him to s.f. And let him go? Third question I have is what fed agency did this gun come from?

I had heard earlier that the gun had come from an agent of the Bureau of Land Management. But I never heard what type of gun it was.

News conference on now.

Wow this Sheriif is great. I think he is saying ICE screwed up...he said ICE failed to obtained warrant for deportation action. Also saying the Mayor is throwing his own law under the bus!

News conference on now.

Wow this Sheriif is great. I think he is saying ICE screwed up...he said ICE failed to obtained warrant for deportation action. Also saying the Mayor is throwing his own law under the bus!

Everyone is just pointing the finger at everyone else. Nothing will change.

News conference on now.

Actually I think the opposite of him, he previously beat up his wife. And I read that ICE did have a warrant.

Ross Mirkarimi, the so-called Sheriff is incompetent in my opinion.

His domestic abuse issues were real.

Wikipedia says it best: "Mirkarimi was elected sheriff in November 2011. He served from January to March 2012, at which time he was charged with domestic violence battery, child endangerment, and dissuading a witness in connection with a December 31, 2011 New Year's Eve altercation with his wife, and Mayor Ed Lee suspended him from office pending an ethics investigation.
Mirkarimi pleaded guilty to one count of misdemeanor false imprisonment.
According to the San Francisco city charter, removing a public official for misconduct requires the vote of nine of eleven supervisors; only seven supervisors voted to remove Mirkarimi from his office and he was reinstated in October 2012."​

In 2013, a woman patient at SF General Hospital disappeared. The Sheriff's Office is in charge of patrolling and securing the hospital. After she was reported missing it took the Sheriff's Office NINE DAYS to begin a search for her and, they did not find her. Ultimately, after two weeks, the missing women's dead body was discovered by a hospital worker in a stairwell of the hospital.

In November of last year, one of Mirkarimi's hospital deputies claimed he was assaulted by a patient. It took the City attorney to discover that in fact, it was the Deputy Sheriff who assaulted the patient. The deputy was prosecuted, found guilty, and I assume he was fired.

And now this murder. With Mirkarimi, it is never ever his fault. What in the world made him think that San Francisco would prosecute someone for a 20 year old marijuana charge?

I detest him. I did not vote for him, and I will never vote for him (he is quietly running for reelection this November). He is incompetent.

However, with that said, I think Homeland Security and ICE are to blame as well. Deported five times? Someone there is not doing an adequate job. In my opinion this Homeland Security thing is just a giant bureaucracy and fairly worthless.

What would Brownie do?

Ross Mirkarimi, the so-called Sheriff is incompetent in my opinion.

His domestic abuse issues were real.
Wikipedia says it best: "Mirkarimi was elected sheriff in November 2011. He served from January to March 2012, at which time he was charged with domestic violence battery, child endangerment, and dissuading a witness in connection with a December 31, 2011 New Year's Eve altercation with his wife, and Mayor Ed Lee suspended him from office pending an ethics investigation.
Mirkarimi pleaded guilty to one count of misdemeanor false imprisonment.
According to the San Francisco city charter, removing a public official for misconduct requires the vote of nine of eleven supervisors; only seven supervisors voted to remove Mirkarimi from his office and he was reinstated in October 2012."​

In 2013, a woman patient at SF General Hospital disappeared. The Sheriff's Office is in charge of patrolling and securing the hospital. After she was reported missing it took the Sheriff's Office NINE DAYS to begin a search for her and, they did not find her. Ultimately, after two weeks, the missing women's dead body was discovered by a hospital worker in a stairwell of the hospital.

In November of last year, one of Mirkarimi's hospital deputies claimed he was assaulted by a patient. It took the City attorney to discover that in fact, it was the Deputy Sheriff who assaulted the patient. The deputy was prosecuted, found guilty, and I assume he was fired.

And now this murder. With Mirkarimi, it is never ever his fault. What in the world made him think that San Francisco would prosecute someone for a 20 year old marijuana charge?

I detest him. I did not vote for him, and I will never vote for him (he is quietly running for reelection this November). He is incompetent.

However, with that said, I think Homeland Security and ICE are to blame as well. Deported five times? Someone there is not doing an adequate job. In my opinion this Homeland Security thing is just a giant bureaucracy and fairly worthless.

What would Brownie do?
Who's Brownie??? Willie Brown? I loved him. Now he, Gavin Newsome, and Dianne Feinstein were competent mayors of S.F.

Sorry, maybe I was a little too obtuse. Brownie, the first Homeland Security guy.

Wow - I've had to listen to a week of immigration policy debate. Poor Kate Steinle, a positive force in the world ended. This is not an immigration issue. Yes she was murdered by someone who should have been deported, but I work in downtown SF. The city is crawling with mentally ill individuals and the country has a history of releasing repeat offenders who commit new crimes. This could just as easily have been a US citizen with a gun, or 4 DUIs. It was random, scary, tragic, violence and yes with a gun which apparently any one can obtain via purchase or theft. I was a local tourist - the day before - strolling the Ferry Building and Pier 39 with my two young sons - so it hits home - it could have been me. But his nationality is irrelevant to the story. Many Many Many criminals should not even have "been there" "been out of Prison" "been overlooked for parole violations" etc.... I was accosted once in daylight along with two male co-workers. A homeless man told us "he should slit our throats" he had a Texas drawl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back