CA CA - Kim Mallon, 13, Los Angeles, 30 Sept 1973

p.s. To my knowledge there were no George Names in the Mallon family. Her grandparents were Edie and Joe Mallon..... I cannot remember other relatives and my parents have passed.... Georgia passed 8/8/96 and Ralph passed 2 weeks to the day later. All my grandparents are deceased - I have reached out to my mother's sister and she cannot tell me much more then I already know.

The reason I ask about George O. is because of this forum:
Mysterious woman from Longview, Texas - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Specifically this thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215662&highlight=mallon+oil

Debbie,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the additional information about Kim.

I am so glad someone is looking for this poor young girl (or at least she was young when she disappeared). It was so odd no one had any info on such a young person. I agree with you Debbie. Her father probably did murder her. What a shame. I think some detective needs to try to find out what became of him. Social Security should have records if he has passed. I believe they have that info on their website or a website somewhere. If he hasn't passed, he needs to be talked to! Most likely he worried that he would be arrested at some point again and killed her. Very sad.

Kim Mallon
Missing since September 30, 1973 from Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: April 12, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 125 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Scars on both wrists.
AKA: Rhonda Kay Mallon
Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Mallon was last seen in Los Angeles, California on September 30, 1973. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
UCLA Police Department 310-825-1491

Agency Case Number: 981040191
NCIC Number: M-131712804
Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
CA DOJ
The Doe Network: Case File 2173DFCA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2173dfca.html

Possible match http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1419.html

Debbie, I am so glad you found us here and thanks for all the additional information and submitting your DNA!

Hi, my name is Debbie and I am one of the sisters of Kim Mallon. I have been searching for her since the early 90s. While my search has taken me all over the place, she remains missing.

In 1973 Kim was checked out of UCLA Med Ctr by her father, Bill Mallon. There are no records any where on him. I am assuming he has passed. Her adoptive mother, passed away in a small town in Oregon, where she moved shortly after Kim disappeared. Rosemary (adoptive mother) lived in this town for a couple of years and after speaking with a Librarian there, she remembers her well. She said she never had visitors and was a very lonely person. The state cremated her as she had no relatives. I attempted to get her personal belongings but the County or State could not find any of them.

Kim had been molested by her father, and criminal charges were brought up against him. Somewhere along the way, Rosemary and Kim decided to drop the charges - however, she never got over this horrendous betrayer by her father. And then she tried to commit suicide - which then sent her to UCLA Med Center - When Bill took her out - he had to sign her out, but when he was questions....he stated he just dropped her at curbside. Speaking with the original Detective on this case, he states that they erred in that they did not look at this as a potential homicide - THEY DROPPED THE BALL.

My gut tells me he probably murdered her - as he had a lot of mental illness issues - he was a cruel individual and sick.....

I have taken as much information from this site and a couple others and given it to the investigator working on this case, including the suicide of the girl in LA in 1975.

Information.....I have given my DNA so that Jane Does can be checked.

Also, after finding her Jr. High School photo and authenticating it, they are going to be doing a photo progression of her to what her current age would be now. I am sure they will post it on all websites when they are finished with it.

Should anyone find out anything more, please be sure to message me.

We have not given up....we continue our search and hope to have some type of answers in the near future as to whether she was able to escape him and restart her life under a different name or if an untimely demise took her from us.

Thank you for your continued efforts. It is greatly appreciated.

p.s. To my knowledge there were no George Names in the Mallon family. Her grandparents were Edie and Joe Mallon..... I cannot remember other relatives and my parents have passed.... Georgia passed 8/8/96 and Ralph passed 2 weeks to the day later. All my grandparents are deceased - I have reached out to my mother's sister and she cannot tell me much more then I already know.

Debbie

Hi Debbie; welcome to WS. I'm so happy to see the newer photo of Kim! We're discussing her on another case; one of the gals in our group found this Linked In profile. Have you see it?

Is there anything else you can tell us? Is Bill her adoptive father? If not; I assume you have the same mom? I know times were different back then; I know a lot of divorced people where the father had some or all of the kids.

If there was an adoption; adding DNA to the family tree databases would be a good idea.

My only concern on this one would be the age. I hope somebody submitted her anyhow. Age can be off......and the scars are quite compelling. My prayers go out to all involved. May God in his mercy, bring you all back together.

Why would someone that young have an alias? :waitasec:
I must admit.......I kind of have been wondering that same thing.

I assume due to the adoption.
Glad her sister Debbie has found us. Sounds like Kim's father was married to Debbie's mom; marriage annulled. Debbie's mom was preg & gave birth with Kim's last name as Debbie's mom's husband (Lytton)... Kim's dad came into the picture; took custody of her; changed her last name to his...

Fathers having custody back then was pretty common. At some point his wife legally adopted her...

Yes, Hers is a very intriguing and complicated story......I will be anxious to see if she matches the girl mentioned above......1975 girl.

Kim has been missing for 40 years now.

Yes she has......and her family most certainly has my prayers. I think Kim's photo has an uncanny resemblance to our Caledonia Jane doe 1979 new NCMEC recon. I am talking face shape, eye shape and ect. I know Kim went missing 6 yrs prior to that.....and chances are they are not the same person.......but I also know that many runaways from that time managed to survive out there.

To Kim's family, if they are keeping up with this post......hang tight to faith....know you are not alone, there are many of us out there......families of those kids missing from the 70's.....waiting and wondering. Just remember, someday you will find her, and the answers....it may not be this day.....or even the next day.....but some day. Hugs and prayers go out to you!!

Yes she has......and her family most certainly has my prayers. I think Kim's photo has an uncanny resemblance to our Caledonia Jane doe 1979 new NCMEC recon. I am talking face shape, eye shape and ect. I know Kim went missing 6 yrs prior to that.....and chances are they are not the same person.......but I also know that many runaways from that time managed to survive out there.

To Kim's family, if they are keeping up with this post......hang tight to faith....know you are not alone, there are many of us out there......families of those kids missing from the 70's.....waiting and wondering. Just remember, someday you will find her, and the answers....it may not be this day.....or even the next day.....but some day. Hugs and prayers go out to you!!

Thank you for reminding me that I wanted to post the URL for 1979 Caledonia NY Teen Jane Doe FB page so that her family can look at it

Can someone PM Debbie? My inbox needs to be cleaned up
Last Activity: 08-21-2013

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven