CA CA - Kim Mallon, 13, Los Angeles, 30 Sept 1973

Thinking about Kim today

Another last name Kim used was Lytton. This photograph is being circulated as of photo of Kim at age 13. Actually, this photo was found in a yearbook by a websleuther, for someone named Kim Mallon. As far as I know, there has been no confirmation that this photo is actually of "THE" Kim Mallon who is missing. Although Mallon is an uncommon name, there are 10 woman with this name on LinkedIn so it isn't rare either.

Another last name Kim used was Lytton. This photograph is being circulated as of photo of Kim at age 13. Actually, this photo was found in a yearbook by a websleuther, for someone named Kim Mallon. As far as I know, there has been no confirmation that this photo is actually of "THE" Kim Mallon who is missing. Although Mallon is an uncommon name, there are 10 woman with this name on LinkedIn so it isn't rare either.

It is this Kim Mallon. Her sister is posting here debbiecade, who said the pic is her, see the bolded.

Hi, my name is Debbie and I am one of the sisters of Kim Mallon. I have been searching for her since the early 90s. While my search has taken me all over the place, she remains missing.

In 1973 Kim was checked out of UCLA Med Ctr by her father, Bill Mallon. There are no records any where on him. I am assuming he has passed. Her adoptive mother, passed away in a small town in Oregon, where she moved shortly after Kim disappeared. Rosemary (adoptive mother) lived in this town for a couple of years and after speaking with a Librarian there, she remembers her well. She said she never had visitors and was a very lonely person. The state cremated her as she had no relatives. I attempted to get her personal belongings but the County or State could not find any of them.

Kim had been molested by her father, and criminal charges were brought up against him. Somewhere along the way, Rosemary and Kim decided to drop the charges - however, she never got over this horrendous betrayer by her father. And then she tried to commit suicide - which then sent her to UCLA Med Center - When Bill took her out - he had to sign her out, but when he was questions....he stated he just dropped her at curbside. Speaking with the original Detective on this case, he states that they erred in that they did not look at this as a potential homicide - THEY DROPPED THE BALL.

My gut tells me he probably murdered her - as he had a lot of mental illness issues - he was a cruel individual and sick.....

I have taken as much information from this site and a couple others and given it to the investigator working on this case, including the suicide of the girl in LA in 1975.

Information.....I have given my DNA so that Jane Does can be checked.

Also, after finding her Jr. High School photo and authenticating it, they are going to be doing a photo progression of her to what her current age would be now. I am sure they will post it on all websites when they are finished with it.

Should anyone find out anything more, please be sure to message me.

We have not given up....we continue our search and hope to have some type of answers in the near future as to whether she was able to escape him and restart her life under a different name or if an untimely demise took her from us.

Thank you for your continued efforts. It is greatly appreciated.

p.s. To my knowledge there were no George Names in the Mallon family. Her grandparents were Edie and Joe Mallon..... I cannot remember other relatives and my parents have passed.... Georgia passed 8/8/96 and Ralph passed 2 weeks to the day later. All my grandparents are deceased - I have reached out to my mother's sister and she cannot tell me much more then I already know.

Debbie

Kim Louise Mallon

kim_louise_mallon_1.jpg

Kim, circa 1973

• Missing Since 09/30/1973
  • Missing From Los Angeles, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 04/12/1960 (60)
  • Age 13 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 125 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue knit pullover blouse, white corduroy bell-bottomed pants, multicolored oxford shoes and a silver and turquoise pendant necklace.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Kim has scars on both wrists. She may use the alias Rhonda Kay Mallon or the last name Lytton, which was her birth name.
Details of Disappearance

Kim was last seen in Los Angeles, California on September 30, 1973. She disappeared from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) Neuropsychiatric Hospital, where she was a patient. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case. She is missing under suspicious circumstances.

In 2005, the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital was renamed the Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UCLA.

Investigating Agency
  • UCLA Police Department 310-825-1491
Source Information

I am the half sister of Kim and she turned 60 this week. I thought I would reach out and see if anyone knows any more about her whereabouts? I have done a lot of research, interfaced with Missing and Exploited Children and more. I started on Websleuth but lost my info so started a new one.

There has been no posts on this thread and there is very little information in the origional sources.

Does anyone know more about the disappearance of this little girl?

Richard, I am her half sister and there has been an ongoing investigation for years. It has been probably 5 years since I last spoke to someone at the Lost and Exploited Children's office. I have spoken to the original Detective from 73' he remembers the case well as it is the only open missing person report at UCLA PD.

I am so glad someone is looking for this poor young girl (or at least she was young when she disappeared). It was so odd no one had any info on such a young person. I agree with you Debbie. Her father probably did murder her. What a shame. I think some detective needs to try to find out what became of him. Social Security should have records if he has passed. I believe they have that info on their website or a website somewhere. If he hasn't passed, he needs to be talked to! Most likely he worried that he would be arrested at some point again and killed her. Very sad.

We have not been able to find CDL, SS# - nothing for him or Kim. I did learn he had a big boat in one of the harbors in LA. Belonged to some club. Her adoptive mom passed away in Oregon and due to there being no relative the State Cremated her and stored her belongings, however....by the time we got this info...all items that had been stored had been destroyed. We were told by the Librarian that she was a loner - no one ever visited her and that she was a very sad person.

Why would the case of a missing 13 year old be investigated by the UCLA campus police?

The photo posted looks more like a 6 year old...I can only assume that a more up-to-date photo wasn't available. Scars on both wrists indicates to me that she may have been (at least at some point) suicidal. If she were a runaway, and succeeded in killing herself, she may have been buried in some form of Potter's field with little or no documentation.

Her father signed her out of UCLA Inpatient Facility and never checked her back in.

Kim Louise Mallon

kim_louise_mallon_1.jpg

Kim, circa 1973

• Missing Since 09/30/1973
  • Missing From Los Angeles, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 04/12/1960 (60)
  • Age 13 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 125 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue knit pullover blouse, white corduroy bell-bottomed pants, multicolored oxford shoes and a silver and turquoise pendant necklace.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Kim has scars on both wrists. She may use the alias Rhonda Kay Mallon or the last name Lytton, which was her birth name.
Details of Disappearance

Kim was last seen in Los Angeles, California on September 30, 1973. She disappeared from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) Neuropsychiatric Hospital, where she was a patient. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case. She is missing under suspicious circumstances.

In 2005, the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital was renamed the Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UCLA.

Investigating Agency
  • UCLA Police Department 310-825-1491
Source Information

Disappearance of Kim Louise Mallon

On September 30, 1973 13-year-old Kim Louise Mallon disappeared from UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital in Los Angeles, California. On Webslueths someone claiming to be Kim's sister stated that the reason the Kim was in the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital due to trying to commit suicide. Kim was molested by her father and they were going to charge him for it, but her and her stepmother Rosemary decided to drop the charges. Soon after she tried to commit suicide.

She was then checked out of the hospital by her father Bill Mallon and he claimed to have dropped her off at a curb.

Kim is a white female and 13 at the time. She may go by the name Rhonda Kay Mallon or use the last name, Lytton. She was 5'3" and 125lbs at the time. She has brown hair and blue eyes. Kim had scars on both wrists. She was wearing a blue pullover knit blouse, white corduroy bellbottoms, multicolored oxfords, and a turquoise pendant necklace.

SOURCES:
Webslueths
NamUs
Charley Project

LINK:

Count Every Mystery: Disappearance of Kim Louise Mallon

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics