Reconstruction of the victim by NCMEC

Date Body Found: March 28, 1979
Location Found: Mt. Baldy Village, Los Angeles County, California
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 30; 17-21
Estimated Year of Death: 1979
Estimated Height: 5' 8" (68 inches)
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Scar/mark: Scar on left arm
Circumstances of Recovery: On 03/28/1979 the decedent was found @ MM (mile marker) 10.74 Glendora Ridge Rd. in Mt. Baldy.

I emailed the Namus contact the information on Ronald David Kruska. He is a very good match; Same basic description, disappeared 6 months before the body was found. Last seen hitchhiking into LA. It seen pretty obvious.

I agree, Kruska is a good match. The only thing I noticed is that Kruska has/had 2 noticeable tattoos. Mount Baldy John Doe is not reported to have any tattoos. John doe had a vaccination scar and that's the only marking that has been reported on the body.

This may be a long shot but..., I thought they looked similar to the composite and one (Brian) does have a scar on their left arm/shoulder.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Their height is similar too but the state difference could be a problem since Brian is from Oregon and Ricky is from Missouri.
Between Brian and Rickey, for me Rickey is more like This John Doe :) You should send Rickey as a possible match for Mount Baldy John Doe!

I felt the same way but I'm not 100% sure about submitting him for two reasons.
1 never done it before and not entirely familiar with how to do so.
2 Not an expert with faces, by this I mean I just go by appearances not science/experience [ex anthropology or reconstruction] so I'd like to get some insight/ a second opinion from someone who is, like Carl for example.

Other than that, lining up the info...

Original

Rickey was last seen June 30, 1977 in Monroe City, Missouri so 2 years earlier
he was seen getting into a vehicle with Illinois plates
He was 18 years old, 5'7" and 130 lbs with blond/strawberry hair

Original

Mount Baldy CA John Doe was found March 28, 1979
Considered adult pre 30, 17-26 (Rickey would of been 20 so he fits that range)
5'7" - 5'10" (Rickey was 5'7" so that fits)
Had reddish / blond hair (Rickey had blond/strawberry colored hair)
Had a scar on left arm (No scars on Rickey but that was 2 years ago so can't rule him out entirely.)

So it could be possible that on June 30 1977, Rickey got into that 'alleged' car and eventually made his way to Mount Baldy California in a two year period.

I felt the same way but I'm not 100% sure about submitting him for two reasons.
1 never done it before and not entirely familiar with how to do so.
2 Not an expert with faces, by this I mean I just go by appearances not science/experience [ex anthropology or reconstruction] so I'd like to get some insight/ a second opinion from someone who is, like Carl for example.

Other than that, lining up the info...

Original

Rickey was last seen June 30, 1977 in Monroe City, Missouri so 2 years earlier
he was seen getting into a vehicle with Illinois plates
He was 18 years old, 5'7" and 130 lbs with blond/strawberry hair

Original

Mount Baldy CA John Doe was found March 28, 1979
Considered adult pre 30, 17-26 (Rickey would of been 20 so he fits that range)
5'7" - 5'10" (Rickey was 5'7" so that fits)
Had reddish / blond hair (Rickey had blond/strawberry colored hair)
Had a scar on left arm (No scars on Rickey but that was 2 years ago so can't rule him out entirely.)

So it could be possible that on June 30 1977, Rickey got into that 'alleged' car and eventually made his way to Mount Baldy California in a two year period.
I understand being hesitant, but for what it’s worth I think Rick would be worth submitting! The circumstances don’t exactly line up, but we’ve seen crazier things. I tried finding another photo of him that might show his teeth but had no luck (it was a brief search). I did discover that he was born in San Diego County, California. FWIW. ETA: There’s an interesting post pertaining to CA on his thread. I’ve not looked further than that post, so take it with a grain of salt. MO - MO - Rickey Enochs, 18, Monroe City, 30 June 1977

Lately I’ve been submitting through The Doe Network because it’s convenient and doesn’t take much time. Here is a link to their submission form. Let me know if I can help you!

Potential Match Submission To Panel

Last edited:
The circumstances don't exactly line up, but there's nothing contradictory either. In the 70's, lots of people from small towns (and big ones too) dreamed of going to California and hitting it big in Hollywood, or of living the hippie life on the beach, surfing all day, so it's entirely possible he and a friend would have headed that direction.

I think there's quite a bit of facial resemblance. Over the years I've found that's actually one of the least important factors, though.

Mt. Baldy John Doe has been unidentified for 42 years today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back