CA CA - Los Angeles Co., WhtMale 2279UMCA, 17-21, near Mt Baldy, Mar'79

The new entry for the skull confused me too. It's listed as "unsure" gender so I actually spent a little while looking for potential matches among both male and female missing persons (and found one or two potential "matches" that were women with short hair...) before Googling it and finding the rest of the story.

Should someone email the case contacts and alert them to the duplication? Or is this intentional?

I emailed the NamUs rep on April 27 to let them know about the possible duplication error with the two pages for Mount Baldy John Doe. Here are the two profiles again for reference:

Body (March 28 1979, white male, age 17-21):
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Head (May 22 1979, white individual of unknown sex, age 19-26):
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I haven't received a reply (which is fine, not expecting one), and both profiles are still active. I just noticed that both were last updated on the same date, April 23. Errors can happen but that might suggest that the same person updated both profiles at the same time and it is not a duplication error at all.

The coroner in 1979 determined that both remains belonged to the same person, but I wonder if someone revisited this recently and disputed that conclusion.

The Doe Network page says "At least one other victim was discovered within a ten mile radius and had also been decapitated." Does anyone know who the other victim was? Maybe this skull is now believed to belong to them, or a third victim. ("At least one" is interestingly vague.)

Can anyone check the rule-outs for the two? If the rule-out lists are different, it would suggest they are now being treated as two different sets of remains.

Very odd...

Last edited:
I found an article that I believe is connected “Decapitated Bodies Parts Subject of Police Search”

see
Santa Ana Orange County Register
Jun 1, 1979, Page 31
Santa Ana, California, US

The article states that missing parts of three men were found over a 2 month period. Two of the bodies were headless. One head did not match the bodies. Between 16-22 years of age. All remains within a ten mile radius.

This article caught my attention as I’m researching convicted OC killer David Richard Campbell.
There’s a history of killing males and the connections have taken awhile previously,
Convict charged in unsolved 1982 O.C. killing

The style and timing has similarities. The known male victims all had personal link to Campbell. I wonder if this was ever looked at…

Could someone name the current exclusion list for this John Doe? I'm not from the US so I can't see the exclusions by NamUs.

Could someone name the current exclusion list for this John Doe? I'm not from the US so I can't see the exclusions by NamUs.

Current exclusions:

MP10913 Ricky Enochs 6/30/1977 Marion County, Missouri
MP17575 Ronald Kruska 10/10/1978 Los Angeles County, California

I see the resemblance.

Harold Covey thread:

I did a search in NamUs for bodies without heads in 1979 and found this headless body found in upland on May 23rd: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The original article posted in this thread mentioned upland, so I will assume that this is the other body they found. He was found a day after our guy's skull and had both his head and an arm sawed off. I guess both bodies are still unidentified. I'm in the process of writing something on this and might have to change it around to include both Does now.

I wonder if this is gang related somehow. It seems like two people that were killed at the same time and carefully disposed of. That makes me think that they were killed for the same reason.

No new exclusions. Still only these two listed below:

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP17575Ronald Kruska
Date of Last ContactOctober 10, 1978
StateCA
CountyLos Angeles

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP10913Rickey Enochs
Date of Last ContactJune 30, 1977
StateMO
CountyMarion

I did a search in NamUs for bodies without heads in 1979 and found this headless body found in upland on May 23rd: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The original article posted in this thread mentioned upland, so I will assume that this is the other body they found. He was found a day after our guy's skull and had both his head and an arm sawed off. I guess both bodies are still unidentified. I'm in the process of writing something on this and might have to change it around to include both Does now.

I wonder if this is gang related somehow. It seems like two people that were killed at the same time and carefully disposed of. That makes me think that they were killed for the same reason.
Did anyone ever figure out if there was a third set of remains or was that before the skull and one set of remains were said to belong to the same person. It’s still a little confusing. LOL

Larger version of recon
UP4410.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther