CA CA - Los Angeles, HispFem 484UFCA, 12-15, in alley, distinctive tattoo, May'89

She looks more Central American (e.g., Guatemalan) than Mexican. But those people typically have very straight coarse hair.

It strikes me strange is that a girl that young had a tattoo of some strange symbols on her thigh, and permed hair, if she was just a typical border crosser.

NCMU1184145c1.jpg

I just thought I'd share this NCMEC composite, thought they typically are not completely accurate.

Does anyone have a link to the post-mortem? It's no longer on Doe, and the link to the LA Coroner's office on Doe is no longer valid.

The thigh tattoo on a 12-15 y/o is definitely strange. I wonder if she was branded or even a gang member. I wish they had pictures of the tattoo because I'm having a hard time visualizing it.

I sat down with a pencil and paper, and the detailed description in the Doenet entry, and I couldn't even come to a conclusion about what the pieces were.

It's a shame they didn't include photos of the jewelry; it sounds fairly distinctive, and I bet it could make an image of her significantly more recognizable.

The age is off, but this woman seems to have a strong resemblance:
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1590dfca.html

This case is baffling and sad. This girl looks really distinctive to me, I haven't seen the postmortem but from recons she seems to have perfectly straight eyebrows which is unique. Her tattoos also sound very strange, likely home - done. Many of my friends have home made 'stick n poke' tattoos and they are all hard to make out. I think that sadly she is unreported missing, at least in the US.

also, is her cause of death known?

They didn't indicate a cause of death. However, there is a photo-shop smudge below her hairline on the left side, so there was probably something there that they didn't want the public to see.

This case is baffling and sad. This girl looks really distinctive to me, I haven't seen the postmortem but from recons she seems to have perfectly straight eyebrows which is unique. Her tattoos also sound very strange, likely home - done. Many of my friends have home made 'stick n poke' tattoos and they are all hard to make out. I think that sadly she is unreported missing, at least in the US.

the tattoos make curious, i am peruvian and, until recently, tattoos were not mainstream or popular in southamerica, people who had tattoos were very rare and usually male (jail inmates or sailors)
indigenous people from the amazon either tattoo or paint their bodies with geometrical designs or lines

lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

the tattoos make curious, i am peruvian and, until recently, tattoos were not mainstream or popular in southamerica, people who had tattoos were very rare and usually male (jail inmates or sailors)
indigenous people from the amazon either tattoo or paint their bodies with geometrical designs or lines

lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

That's interesting to know, actually. Because she was found in LA perhaps her parents are Latin American. If this is the case, perhaps why her identity is unknown is because she was in trouble for bad behaviour (eg underage tattoos) and kicked out of her house. Perhaps she ran away after this and was later killed

Looking at the PM, she looks very young. My theory is, her parents were poor immigrants wanting to live the "American dream" and she was a rebellious kid. They wanted her to be one way and she was another, so she ran away. MOO of course.

Looking at the PM, she looks very young. My theory is, her parents were poor immigrants wanting to live the "American dream" and she was a rebellious kid. They wanted her to be one way and she was another, so she ran away. MOO of course.

i totally agree with you! That is a good theory

Considering the size of LA, this could be far-fetched. But my aunt would have been 14/15 at this time, right about the age of the UID. She was raised in a very bad neighborhood, but she spent a lot of time in other parts of LA. She is half Filipino, half Caucasian...lots of people mistook her for Mexican. LA has a high Hispanic population as well.

So, what I'm getting at is, there's a very small chance that my aunt could have met this girl. They were about the same age, and she could've easily blended into a Hispanic community. I'll have to ask her.

it is a good theory and a good start to find whom she was
many latin american countries were very strict for women, the 80s were when things started to change as some dictatorships crumbled and there was a big chance that things would improve ( they didn't for most but that is another story)
in many migrant families the internal "order" was changed as women found jobs that took them outside the house and, in some cases, became the sole earners which gave them authority and power
if she was raised by a traditional family this girl would have been caught between two worlds: the traditional one were parents have the last word and the newer one where you are allowed to question their authority

is there a chunk missing from her eyelid in the PM photo?

Also, with how young she was I'm willing to bet if she's reported missing they won't report her tattoos. If they were on her thigh she could in theory hide them from her parents.

I'm wondering if she could have also gone several years before being reported missing (if she's been reported at all). With tattoos like that I'm willing to bet she and others saw her as a lot older than her age, maybe she left home and told her family that she could take care of herself.

I think she is photoshopped in the inner corner of her open eye and over her nose too.

They didn't indicate a cause of death. However, there is a photo-shop smudge below her hairline on the left side, so there was probably something there that they didn't want the public to see.

Poor angel. I just now noticed the Photoshop smudge (I am not the most observant person ever). What happened to her?
Also agree about the tattoo descriptions being oddly vague.

possible gunshot wound.

Poor angel. I just now noticed the Photoshop smudge (I am not the most observant person ever). What happened to her?
Also agree about the tattoo descriptions being oddly vague.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back