CA CA - Los Angeles, HispFem 484UFCA, 12-15, in alley, distinctive tattoo, May'89

Bumping. Hopefully, we can get her home soon.

Still can't believe how vague and bizarre the tattoo descriptions are. "P backward -O-H"?

Could the P have been done backwards, and be a 9?

Thanks so maybe a crip gang brand? I've began to look into a case in TN with young girl with c47 tattoo as well but are not familiar with that gang in TN

Thanks so maybe a crip gang brand? I've began to look into a case in TN with young girl with c47 tattoo as well but are not familiar with that gang in TN

I thought of that too, but this girl was Hispanic. The Crips is a network of black gangs, and they very rarely allow members of a different race. However, It could be that she was trafficked by a crip gang (centered around 47th street).

How sad. The only thing I could think of is perhaps she was undocumented, hence why no one has come forward to identify her (ie; they're all back in South or Central America or Mexico, without knowledge or an easy way to have contacted her back in the late 80s - lord knows there was NONE of the same technology today).

I wish there was a database of Mexican/Central/South Americans who have left their homes for the US, never to be heard of again. That would make it so much easier to identify those who have been found in the desert, etc. :/ My heart breaks for these people.

I'm looking at getting into this specific field of unidentified persons. I live in CA and the desert is not very far where there are hundreds of cases of UID's who are unknown b/c their families back home are too worried to report them missing in the event they actually did make it into the states and don't want immigration in on it.

I can't see the actual post mortem photo so I don't know how accurate, but this young latina girl went missing in 1987 from San Diego. All I can see is that her father reported her missing. However Elaina did have some body scarring that would have likely been brought up if she were this UID.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/rivera_elaina.html

Maybe she ran away to LA to only get caught up with a bad crowd that ended her life? :(
Elaina Eugenia Rivera

attachment.php
rivera_elaina.jpg
rivera_elaina_ap42.jpg

Above Images: Right: age-progressed to 42 years.
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: June 26, 1987 from Ramona, San Diego County, California
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: May 9, 1974
Height: 5'5" (165 cm)
Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race: Native
Distinguishing Characteristics: She has a small scar on the right side
of her upper lip & a burn scar on forearm.

Case Number: 8745080H

Details of Disappearance
Elaina was last seen on June 26, 1987 in Ramona, California. Rivera was 13 when her father reported missing on June 29, 1987. He told authorities that Elaina was last seen three days earlier around 6:30 p.m. in the 14000 block of Mussey Grade Road.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
San Diego County Sheriff's Office
858-565-5200

Source Information
NCMEC

Attachments

• eugenia.jpg
    eugenia.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 54
Where next? As I've stated before I am attempting to locate a missing teen with a c47 tattoo from the Nashville area 1999... TN has open records however the case is open so no luck there...no information reported in the local newspaper around the time of disappearance..no info of area of town disappearance ocurred...to info of mother,father or other family members to contact...so I have no where to start... any ideas, suggestions, helpful threads? Thank you all for all of your great work!

It feels a bit inappropriate to suggest this but something came to my mind that might be worth checking so I felt I had to bring it up anyway. I have a strong hunch that this poor girl could have been a prostitute. Does anyone know if there were organizations at the time in the area that worked with the homeless, prostitutes etc.? If there were, somebody could definitely remember something about such a young girl, or know something about the tattoo at the very least.

I, like many others on this thread, think that it's unfortunate that we don't have pictures of the tattoo, as it seems distinctive and the sources we have available haven't done the best job of describing it (and who can blame them?). Also, I don't understand how her cause of death could be "unknown" when she obviously suffered some sort of trauma to her forehead, which is why the smudge was applied. One of her eyes was apparently open in the unedited PM pic, so whoever created the version we have edited that as well. I guess they were trying to make it less graphic.

I also can kind of see her as a gang member and I know that gangs start recruiting at a very young age, much younger than this victim. This could also be why people are keeping silent about what may or may not have transpired here. When someone this young is found deceased and goes unidentified for a very long time, I sometimes wonder if the people who should have reported them missing or members of their "inner circle" had something to do with what happened to them.

Visible trauma to the forehead doesn't necessarily mean that was the cause of death. For example (and I'm in no way saying this is what happened here), someone overdosing might fall and injure their head, but the cause of death would be OD, not the injury.

Visible trauma to the forehead doesn't necessarily mean that was the cause of death. For example (and I'm in no way saying this is what happened here), someone overdosing might fall and injure their head, but the cause of death would be OD, not the injury.

I was more insinuating that LE might have more information about how she died than what was included on her NamUS/Doe profiles, seeing as there was a probable, possibly significant injury on her that they didn't seem to mention anywhere. This seems to be a pattern with cases from Los Angeles County in particular from between 1989 and early 1991; I've seen several other cases from there during that period where the cause of death is listed as "unknown" or "not stated" even when the Doe was freshly dead, and there is almost no information on the circumstances of discovery surrounding these cases, as well.

Also, disclaimer: I'm in no way implying that LE would ever try to intentionally hide information; I'm thinking that maybe some of the original case files were lost or that they haven't fully been migrated to online platforms yet, seeing as a lot of the cases with this problem took place within a very specific time frame. It's also really likely that I'm just overthinking things and the ME actually wasn't able to determine cause of death for any of these people.

I also thought of a possible OD. That could go along with the cause of death being truly unknown (rather than unlisted) if there were no major signs of trauma on her body aside from the injury to her forehead, which may have been caused by something unrelated before/after death, such as a fall, like you said.

Bumping.

Also, something I've noticed - in the NCMEC reconstruction, you can kind of discern a smudge over the left side of her forehead right under her hairline, similar to what we see in her edited PM photo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back