Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if already posted

PHOTOS: Boy arrested after Madyson's body found at Tannery Arts Center

15-year-old-boy-jpg--1-.jpg

When I saw the cctv showing Maddie, a little girl, playing on her scooter with her little helmet on in front of her house, she looked like she was enjoying herself........it is so so cruel and sad.

I'm trying to catch up, was the dogs tracing her scent to the beach wrong?

"Specially trained K-9’s traced Maddy's scent to a beach hut at Santa Cruz (above), but the trail went cold" From the DM here

Beach hut?
I wonder when was the last time she'd been to the beach prior to Sunday. The dogs might have picked up an old scent.

Watching this video & noticing that the screaming woman is the woman is pictured in several other places throughout this thread and in multiple news photos.
http://kron4.com/2015/07/27/santa-cruz-police-searching-for-missing-8-year-old/

So sad for these families! :(

In this video, it says the dogs did track the scent to the beach and it showed an arrow going to the beach at the boardwalk area over 2 miles away. So were the dogs wrong? Might perp have walked there with her and back again?

I wonder when was the last time she'd been to the beach prior to Sunday. The dogs might have picked up an old scent.

Now here is a question for you!
Would the dogs have detected her scent on him?

I'm just logging on today. This is so heartbreaking! Of course she would trust a big kid! What the hell is going on in our world? This is not the first juvenile even this week arrested of killing a younger child! Why?!!

I'm so heartbroken for her. Just out riding her new scooter :(

The Santa Cruz police are not inept, and with the sheer number of volunteers who were out looking for Madyson, there's no way she had been in the dumpster all along.

I feel bad about jumping to conclusions when I heard about where Madyson disappeared. Santa Cruz attracts a lot of vagrants due to the mild year-round climate, and drug crime is common around the river area. With the decimation of proper psychiatric care facilities years ago, many suffering from mental illness have nowhere to turn and end up on the streets, among the homeless. I had feared any number of stranger related possibilities in Madyson's disappearance.

But no, it turns 's out to be a neighbor of the same complex, and a minor, as well. It's worse than a stranger abduction, in many ways. It's a betrayal of trust gained from the familiarity of neighbors.

Dark clouds of memory of Jenise Wright's case are rolling around in my head.

Yep, I will take that helicopter parent label any day over "mother of victim", as one well spoken Websleuther commented earlier.

But she was killed by someone that people knew and liked, had lived there six years, and she was playing where she was allowed to play. I don't see where anyone did anything they were not supposed to do, except the arrested young man. I don't quite know what else her mom could have done. What kind of parenting would have changed this?

But she was killed by someone that people knew and liked, had lived there six years, and she was playing where she was allowed to play. I don't see where anyone did anything they were not supposed to do, except the arrested young man. I don't quite know what else her mom could have done. What kind of parenting would have changed this?

Agreed, 100%

So hurtful to wake and find this news. Shades of Jessica Ridgeway, Jorelys Rivera and yes, Jenise Wright cases. Someone right there, a trusted, "known" person from the area. Someone little Maddy was probably used to seeing and thought posed no danger. :(

My last thought before bed...if Madyson was not found in that dumpster, and the trash collection came, and she went to a landfill, and was never found...everyone would always wonder...maybe even her parents might be wrongfully suspected or accused...

and how many other missing people are lost this way, not found before the landfill...

RIP sweet girl. I know I'm not the only one who looked at your photo riding your scooter and remembered carefree, happy days of my own childhood. Our hearts are with you.

My last thought before bed...if Madyson was not found in that dumpster, and the trash collection came, and she went to a landfill, and was never found...everyone would always wonder...maybe even her parents might be wrongfully suspected or accused...

and how many other missing people are lost this way, not found before the landfill...

Scary thought! And wonder how many times it has happened and no one knows? So glad that is not the case here.

Just made a similar post...

ARS had JR in his bedroom, then crawlspace, then disposal...remember Gabe Gaeta...Craig Wood had Hailey in the plastic tub in the basement, close by all along...
Thinking of ARS and poor JR...

I wonder what LE will find on this 15 year old's computer/tech devices?

:waitasec:

We talk to kids about stranger danger. And I think most of us talk to kids about it beng adults to be wary of.

How do you explan the teen?

I always emphasized that the child never ever goes with anyone unless a parent is asked. That means even the police as there have been fake police.

Kids don't listen , though, so it is so sad

I'm trying to catch up, was the dogs tracing her scent to the beach wrong?

"Specially trained K-9’s traced Maddy's scent to a beach hut at Santa Cruz (above), but the trail went cold" From the DM here

Beach hut?

Someone suggested a possible scenario to explain MM's scent being followed to the beach...

Perhaps the perp rode the scooter to the beach at sometime ... And MM's scent on the scooter was what was picked up by the K-9's?

:waitasec:

I think whatever happened to this sweet child happened very quickly. My guess is that the 15yo was standing in the "shed" area or nearby and lured her in and didn't stray far from that area. Whatever he did, he did it near that spot - in a car or stairwell or secluded area of the "shed." I don't think he brought her anywhere else like the beach or his apartment. Once the search started, I think she was already "gone."

Devastating, absolutely. This will be one of those cases that stick with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
#MadMax210