CA CA - Mill Valley, WhtMale Child 4-6, 626UMCA, ladybug stickpin, Sep'74

They didn't have DNA testing in 1974. They had to do the best they could with what they knew.

Right but I've seen UID without gender noted. "undetermined" or "unsure", etc etc

Anyway it doesn't matter. We now know he's a boy. Just wondered if there was anything at all to suggest the reason they thought he was a little girl which may have lead to a possible clue in the case. Clothing, haircut, etc etc

Maybe not.

Right but I've seen UID without gender noted. "undetermined" or "unsure", etc etc

Anyway it doesn't matter. We now know he's a boy. Just wondered if there was anything at all to suggest the reason they thought he was a little girl which may have lead to a possible clue in the case. Clothing, haircut, etc etc

Maybe not.

They apparently weren't unsure, just mistaken :p I suspect it was mainly the small stature, but that's only a guess.

This is just a wild stab but I'll throw it out FWIW.

I'm assuming there is a typo or error in the clothing description. It says there are 2 shirts, but no pants. Possibly a typo- a shirt and skirt? Then the stick pin. THe hair looks longish- kind of a unisex cut. What if this was a child with ambiguos(sp) genitalia? What if the parents just couldn't deal with that? The child looked more like a girl so the drs decided it would be a girl. But what if genetically it was a boy? so mom & dad have been told they have a girl. But this girl is saying no, I want to be a boy.............This was the 70s. Not much was known about conditions like this back then. So they snapped and this is where the child ended up....

Crazy, but I thought about something like this.

This is quite close to where Anna Christian Waters disappeared a year prior. I feel pretty sure if they thought this UID was a girl, he was checked against Anna and ruled out. And now with the DNA results I guess they're 100% sure this is a male child.

Could this perhaps point to a SK who abducted/murdered children in the area? I swear another female UID was found within 100 miles of this one in the same time frame...

A bit more detail on the description is here - http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1184446 -

"The child was considerably small for their age. The child was found wearing a child-size olive-green hooded ski coat, a blue sweater, a green-striped shirt, and blue T-shirt. Also found with the remains was a red “ladybug” stick pin. The child had a gray-blue discoloration on their teeth, possibly due to the use of antibiotics or tetracyclines."

I just wanted to bump this case. Did anyone ever get any info on a possible match to Jeffrey Blankenship? If both the UID and Jeffrey have DNA on file, does that mean they have been compared?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Came here to post him too! Doe's statistics are in red.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4052dmwa.html
JDBlankinship.jpg626UMCA3.jpg
Jeffrey Dean Blankinship
Missing since March 27, 1973 from Port Townsend, Jefferson County, Washington (The victim was discovered on September 26, 1974 in Mill Valley, Marin County, California; 14 hours apart)
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: August 3, 1969; December 3, 1969
Age at Time of Disappearance: 3 years old (4 - 6 years old)
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'5"; 75 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Dentals: Not available
DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Althea Blankinship and her son Jeffrey, was last seen in the City of Port Townsend, WA, where they were residing at the time. They were last reported to have been dropped off at SeaTac International Airport.
Althea had made plans to travel to Greece with Jeffrey to meet her parents who were already there on vacation. Family members became concerned when it was evident that Althea and Jeffrey never arrived in Greece. They have not been heard from or seen since.

Do you recognize any of these Bay Area John and Jane Does?

1024x1024.jpg

The skeletal remains of a young boy were found near the Mill Valley Golf Course in 1974. Because of the state of his remains, his cause of death cannot be determined, although investigators saw no obvious signs of abuse.

Description: A white child, age 4 to 6 but “considerably” small for his age. His teeth had some greyish discoloration, possibly as a result of antibiotics or tetracyclines. He was found wearing an olive green jacket, blue T-shirt and a ½ inch ladybug stick pin.

Date found: Sept. 26, 1974
Date of death: 1972-74, estimated

Cause of death: Unknown

Reference case number 74-1468

Do you recognize any of these Bay Area John and Jane Does?

I don't know if it's me, but the ladybug to me seems to suggest female. Are you certain this was a boy?

I don't know if it's me, but the ladybug to me seems to suggest female. Are you certain this was a boy?
I think the ladybug stick pin, or hat pin, was a good luck thing. If it was a parent who left him, that would make sense. If it wasn’t a parent, then the pin just happened to be on his clothes when he was taken?

Is the ladybug a symbol of any club? Yes, we see them everywhere, but as PayRollNerd points out, trends & fads come & go.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back