20.5 KB · Views: 135
Thanks, from the link..
  • Missing Since 03/01/1974
  • Missing From Sonoma County, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 01/09/1959 (59)
  • Age 15 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A brown scoop-neck shirt, a black jacket, brown slacks and gray heels.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Peggy wears eyeglasses. She has a birthmark on her neck.

Peggy disappeared from the vicinity of Coddington Mall. So did Maureen Sterling and Yvonne Weber. Peggy's photo shows she shares the same general appearance as other Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murders, and the time frame is right. In fact, there is more reason to consider Peggy as a Hitchhike victim than Jeannette Kamahele.

So why isn't Peggy thought of as a victim of the Coed Killer?

Peggy disappeared from the vicinity of Coddington Mall. So did Maureen Sterling and Yvonne Weber. Peggy's photo shows she shares the same general appearance as other Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murders, and the time frame is right. In fact, there is more reason to consider Peggy as a Hitchhike victim than Jeannette Kamahele.

So why isn't Peggy thought of as a victim of the Coed Killer?
Perhaps she is. I also wonder why she isn't listed as such.

I have never seen Peggy mentioned as a SRHHM victim. However, she vanished within the possible time frame, the same as Jeannette. However--and I am not being racist here, but simply observant--Jeannette is the only officially Asian victim. Peggy is Caucasian, and fits the killer(s) preference in victims. Yet Jeannette is considered one in the string of Santa Rosa murders, and Peggy is not.

MountainMama makes an excellent point about Coddingtown Mall. I would like to add that Snoopy's Home Ice is directly across Steele Lane from the the Mall. This ice rink is a social center for teens. Maureen Sterling and Maureen Weber were in the rink before leaving to hitchhike and vanish. It would not be surprising if other SRHHM victims hung out at the rink. Unfortunately, the rink could have been a "honey pot" for sexual predator(s).

Peggy Ann Reed

Peggy-Reed-103337.JPG

Peggy-Reed-103337_0.JPG

Missing Since: 03/28/1974
Sex: Female
DOB: 01/09/1959
Race: White
Height: 5' 2"
Eyes: Brown
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Clothing: Black jacket, brown scoop neck shirt, brown slacks and gray heels
Scars/Marks/Tattoo: birthmark on neck
Other Identifier: Glasses
Dental X-rays Available: No
Peggy was last seen March 28, 1974.
Contact Agency: Sonoma County Sheriff
Phone Number: (707) 565-2569
Case Number: SD171030010

Could Peggy be this Jane Doe?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

upload_2019-4-17_15-11-21.png Teeth Jane Doe
upload_2019-4-17_15-11-47.png Teeth Peggy

MP 03/28/1974 missing - UID found December 23, 1975

MP DOB: 01/09/1959 – UID age estimated 15-30 years. Born estimated between 1945 - 1960

MP Race: White - UID white/Caucasian

MP Height: 5' 2" UID measured 5’5”

Eyes: Brown – UID unknown

Weight: 110 lbs. - UID 123 pounds measured

Hair: Brown (seeing pictures Peggy’s hair seems light reddish brown - UID medium length, red, auburn

Clothing: Black jacket, brown scoop neck shirt, brown slacks and gray heels UID no clothes, only jewelry

Peggy Ann Reed – The Charley Project

Last edited:
Could Peggy be this Jane Doe?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

View attachment 179892 Teeth Jane Doe
View attachment 179893 Teeth Peggy

MP 03/28/1974 missing - UID found December 23, 1975

MP DOB: 01/09/1959 – UID age estimated 15-30 years. Born estimated between 1945 - 1960

MP Race: White - UID white/Caucasian
Nice find!
MP Height: 5' 2" UID measured 5’5”

Eyes: Brown – UID unknown

Weight: 110 lbs. - UID 123 pounds measured

Hair: Brown (seeing pictures Peggy’s hair seems light reddish brown - UID medium length, red, auburn

Clothing: Black jacket, brown scoop neck shirt, brown slacks and gray heels UID no clothes, only jewelry

Peggy Ann Reed – The Charley Project
Nice find!

Well, if we go to CA - CA - Sonoma Co., WhtFem, ~19, red hair, contact lenses, hog-tied, Jul'79,
post #8 gives the physical dimensions of the remains I refer to as Calistoga Jane Doe. There is nothing there that can rule out Peggy, as the scanty details agree--with one exception. That one additional detail is given in the UID description--the healed fracture in a rib. Can we discover if Peggy had a healed broken rib? If so, can we find out if they were the exact same ribs in both cases? With that match, I should think we would have a pretty positive ID.

Given that NamUS and/or the investigating detectives probably have info they are not airing publicly, I would recommend that Lavender Moon submit this to NamUS. And I do believe this is a previously unlinked case in the Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murder series. CA - CA - Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murders, 7 girls/young women, 1972-1973

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back