• Date of Birth: January 9, 1959
  • Age Missing: 15
  • Hair Color: Light Brown
  • Eye Color: Brown
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 100 lbs.
  • Race: Caucasian
Identifying Characteristics:
Peggy wears eyeglasses. She has a strawberry birthmark on her neck above the hairline.

Clothing/Jewelry:
A black windbreaker, a blue scoop-neck shirt with a design of red, yellow and brown flowers, brown slacks and tan or gray shoes with two-inch heels.

Circumstances:
Peggy was last seen in the area of Guerneville Road and Coddling Town Mall in Sonoma County, California on March 1, 1974. She may have been hitchhiking at the time of her disappearance. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agencies:
  • Sonoma County Sheriff's Office: 707-565-2121
  • National Center for Missing & Exploited Children: 1-800-843-5678
Case Numbers:
  • Police Case #: SD171030010
  • NCMEC Case #: 1311886
Source Links:

Sonoma County missing person cases

Peggy Ann Reed was last seen on March 28, 1974. She was born in 1959 and described as 5-foot-2, 110 pounds with brown hair and eyes and a birthmark on her neck. She was last seen wearing a black jacket, brown scoop-neck shirt, brown slacks, gray heels and glasses. Anyone with information about Reed’s location is asked to call the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office at 707-565-2569 and reference case number SD171030010.

I don't think this was in relation to the Hitchhiker Murders. My guess is that she was abducted, raped, and probably killed.. this "norm" of the 70s teen girl killing is heartbreaking, but I can't see anything else in all honesty.

Does anyone know if she was or can be excluded as Sonoma County/'Calistoga' Jane Doe? There's a dearth of information for this UID, I think because they do not have DNA and perhaps don't have dentals either. Just wondering if anyone has some information I can't find.

Does anyone know if she was or can be excluded as Sonoma County/'Calistoga' Jane Doe? There's a dearth of information for this UID, I think because they do not have DNA and perhaps don't have dentals either. Just wondering if anyone has some information I can't find.

Are you referring to this Jane Doe?
Sonoma County Jane Doe (1979)
1525UFCA
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

According to the Doe Network there are dental and DNA available

We have been discussing this possible match up thread. IIRR someone tried to submit or did submit. I lost track of it to be honest. She is not ruled out according Namus, as of October 4, 2021, but not always all the rule outs are shown there. See post #45 @Alleykins

Are you referring to this Jane Doe?
Sonoma County Jane Doe (1979)
1525UFCA
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

According to the Doe Network there are dental and DNA available

We have been discussing this possible match up thread. IIRR someone tried to submit or did submit. I lost track of it to be honest. She is not ruled out according Namus, as of October 4, 2021, but not always all the rule outs are shown there. See post #45 @Alleykins

I submitted this to NAMUS, and got no response.

On reviewing past posts, I see you made the submission 2 1/2 years ago.
Maybe tbey don't always respond to submissions. I wonder if , like everywhere else, they are having staffing issues because of covid.

Thinking out loud.

Peggy had rings on her fingers, according to CP Peggy Ann Reed – The Charley Project
No rings mentioned for Sonoma County Jane Doe, she didn't had clothes on. Would a killer go that far to take the rings off. Possible but unlikely IMO, considering the circumstances. Did anyone see somethings about jewelry found with Jane Doe somewhere? Some of her limbs weren't found, according to Namus The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) but they know she had a broken arm. Could it be the hands got lost? They found a hard contact lens inside a metal candy tin with cherries on it, near the victim. It's known that Peggy wore glasses occasionally.

Is there still family around advocating for Peggy? I would like to know if they persuaded some of the UID's found in relation to Peggy, including Sonoma.

Thinking out loud.

Peggy had rings on her fingers, according to CP Peggy Ann Reed – The Charley Project
No rings mentioned for Sonoma County Jane Doe, she didn't had clothes on. Would a killer go that far to take the rings off. Possible but unlikely IMO, considering the circumstances. Did anyone see somethings about jewelry found with Jane Doe somewhere? Some of her limbs weren't found, according to Namus The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) but they know she had a broken arm. Could it be the hands got lost? They found a hard contact lens inside a metal candy tin with cherries on it, near the victim. It's known that Peggy wore glasses occasionally.

Is there still family around advocating for Peggy? I would like to know if they persuaded some of the UID's found in relation to Peggy, including Sonoma.
I suppose the killer may have taken the jewelry ; or perhaps it was scattered and lost. Some birds like to confiscate jewelry.
In the case of Yvonne Weber and Maureen Sterling, who are believed to be victims of the Santa Rosa Hitchiker Killer, Maureen's jewelry ( minus one earring ) was found at the scene.

Peggy's NamUs profile was modified on 5/6/22. She is still only showing 3 exclusions.
UP16314 06/16/1974 Palm Beach FL
UP6251 03/05/1979 Monroe FL
UP10217 07/17/1980 Anchorage AK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member