CA - Raijon Daniels, 8, tortured to death, Richmond, 26 Oct 2006 *Insanity*

They said in the second link that this little boy suffered for months and maybe years before he was killed? He ran away in November and was returned to his
"uterus" (I don't call people like this mothers, sorry). Did the police not see marks and scars on him then? Did they not ask him why he ran away???? WTF????

I will never for the life of me understand how people commit the cruelties they do to one another.:(

My heart bleeds for this child.

Prayers for him and those who loved him.

Over and over, again and again. It has got to stop!

This morning my daughter witnessed a child abuse in progress. She saw a woman beating a child, punching it, kicking it, dragging it by it's hair through the yard. She said that she could not believe what she was seeing. It was several houses away from her and she could not tell if the child was male or female or the age. She estimated it to be about 5-8 years old. The woman picked the child up by the hair and threw it back inside of the house. She immediately called 911. She waited 20 mins and no LE arrived. She called back to 911 to see why they had not sent anyone. She just got the runaround and no answer. She then called the Child abuse hotline. By this point is was extremely upset and couldn't seem to get anyone to realize that this child could be dead! Finally almost 3 hours after she witnessed this, someone from child protective services arrived at this house. No one would come to the door. The worker called my daughter and questioned her about what she had seen. She said that he did not seem to believe her and seemed to be trying to play it down. He said that he was going to go to the elementary school and check on the child. Evidently this was not the first time they had been to that house because how else would he have known who to go to the school and check on? I have been furious all day about this. I cannot believe that lack of response by LE. No wonder we have children who die every day from abuse.
Sorry for hijacking this thread but I had been sitting here trying to figure out what thread to post this rant in when I came accross this story. It just seems to fit here.

Shadow205 said:

This morning my daughter witnessed a child abuse in progress. She saw a woman beating a child, punching it, kicking it, dragging it by it's hair through the yard. She said that she could not believe what she was seeing. It was several houses away from her and she could not tell if the child was male or female or the age. She estimated it to be about 5-8 years old. The woman picked the child up by the hair and threw it back inside of the house. She immediately called 911. She waited 20 mins and no LE arrived. She called back to 911 to see why they had not sent anyone. She just got the runaround and no answer. She then called the Child abuse hotline. By this point is was extremely upset and couldn't seem to get anyone to realize that this child could be dead! Finally almost 3 hours after she witnessed this, someone from child protective services arrived at this house. No one would come to the door. The worker called my daughter and questioned her about what she had seen. She said that he did not seem to believe her and seemed to be trying to play it down. He said that he was going to go to the elementary school and check on the child. Evidently this was not the first time they had been to that house because how else would he have known who to go to the school and check on? I have been furious all day about this. I cannot believe that lack of response by LE. No wonder we have children who die every day from abuse.
Sorry for hijacking this thread but I had been sitting here trying to figure out what thread to post this rant in when I came accross this story. It just seems to fit here.
That's horrible!!! I saw something very much like that once. The police were called and came right away. There was a lot of cussing out both ways. It got to where I just about fixin' to beat the beyotch down when the police arrived. Her little boy was only 4. I couldn't believe what I was seeing either, and NO one intervened!! It was in a grocery store parking lot. The people witnessing this did give statement to the police, thank goodness. I did get a good yank of her hair though.
I don't understand why the police didn't demand to to see the child was ok after what your daughter told them. Unbelievable!

Just when I think I have seen the worst in people, someone comes along who changes my mind. Studies have shown that people become desensitized to violence, but since I have been here I haven't yet. I still find it as sickening as the first time I have heard about this sick people.

I am EXTREMELY proud of your daughter. I don't know if she is young, or older - but she didn't look away, like some people do.

When my daughter was still in a stroller, she had an ice cream cone and a little boy came toddling up to her and stared at the ice cream cone. The Mother snatched him by the arm and gave him a hard spank - My daughter pointed and waved her finger at the woman and even though she couldn't talk, she cursed out the woman in baby talk. I thought it was funny at first, but the woman only got angrier at her son. The manager of the hair salon we were in grabbed her hand when she went to spank the boy again and kicked her out of the store.

Shadow205 said:

A few of my co-workers witnessed a man screaming (calling the kids *advertiser censored* and b*****) and kicking and slapping two little girls about 3 and 4 in the head while the mother stood there and looked stupid, not saying a word. Our manager called 911 while she ran close enough to get the license plate number and a description of the man. She saw the van go into the Wal-Mart parking lot and the police caught the guy there, but I don't know if anything was done about it.

teonspaleprincess said:
A few of my co-workers witnessed a man screaming (calling the kids *advertiser censored* and b*****) and kicking and slapping two little girls about 3 and 4 in the head while the mother stood there and looked stupid, not saying a word. Our manager called 911 while she ran close enough to get the license plate number and a description of the man. She saw the van go into the Wal-Mart parking lot and the police caught the guy there, but I don't know if anything was done about it.
I'd like to pass a law that you can physically stop a parent from things like that - without being charged with assault yourself.

GlitchWizard said:
I'd like to pass a law that you can physically stop a parent from things like that - without being charged with assault yourself.
Amen to that Glitch..I'll tell ya, if I saw someone behaving that way towards a child, I'd jump right in, no 2nd thought, go ahead and charge me with assault, I dont' give a hoot, I'll make sure I hurt you enough that the charges are worth it to me!

The judge ordered the mother AND the little boy to undergo psychotherapy? The only therapy this little boy needed was to be taken from his mother. Poor little guy. I hate that they won't release results of the authorities visiting the home (for "confidentiality" reasons) because all too often, it seems to protect them against not doing their job! Not saying that is the case here, but it sure does seem suspect to me. If the little boy couldn't take a cookie from Grandma or speak to someone without first looking at Mom for approval, there's a problem. She removed him the public school system to go to "Theresas Home School", AFTER CPS had already been called, and it turns out that it was a bogus home school and address. WHY didn't anyone follow up on that? Ridiculous. She admitted before that she had poured some sort of chemical on him for punishment, yet they apparently thought that was an adequate and acceptable form of punishment because he wasn't removed from the home. GRRRRR!!!!! I know that CPS workers are often overworked and understaffed, but it sure appears that, in this case, they are also underqualified to do their job to adequately protect those that truly need it!!

Mom failed him miserably and his blood is on her hands, but the system appears to have failed him too. I hope she gets it in prison. I hope she suffers every excruciating, humiliating, painful, tortuous event that she invoked upon him. And then some. She is yet another example of someone who does not deserve to share the oxygen on this Earth with others. Fry her *advertiser censored*!

amen sister! what a dispicable piece of human trash.....we can only hope that the other woman in prison, many of them with children, will seek justice their own way for this little guy and we know that God punishes evil.

christine2448 said:
Amen to that Glitch..I'll tell ya, if I saw someone behaving that way towards a child, I'd jump right in, no 2nd thought, go ahead and charge me with assault, I dont' give a hoot, I'll make sure I hurt you enough that the charges are worth it to me!
ha! That's good advice for victims of bullies in public schools around here. If someone hits you, and you defend yourself, you are in trouble too. Might as well make it COUNT.

GlitchWizard said:
Well that would have been great if there was a law. Trust me the beyotch I saw in the parking lot would have been stomped! It just burns me up when people do that to their children in PUBLIC. I wonder how much worse the child is treated in their own homes.

link

(08-09) 12:54 PDT RICHMOND -- An 8-year-old Richmond boy whose mother is charged with abusing and torturing him died of repeated injuries to his skin - including bruises and scratches all over his body -- and starvation, a pathologist testified today. Raijon Daniels died of repeated injuries to his skin and to the tissues underneath, Dr. Gregory Reiber said on the first day of a preliminary hearing in Contra Costa County Superior Court in Richmond for the boy's mother, Teresa Moses.

Reiber testified today that Raijon died Oct. 27 of numerous injuries as a result of trauma caused by "battered child syndrome." The boy's genitalia were raw in one area, likely because of a chemical irritant or a band, and the skin on his buttocks had begun to break down, he said.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Stories like this just break my heart! NO child deserves so much suffering. I will NEVER understand how a parent does such horrible things to their babies.

That poor little guy. Fly with the angels and may God's loving arms embrace you.

I have to take a time-out on this one. As horrible as it sounds, I am not convinced that she did it. The pathologist made this statement:

"Can diabetes in children be deadly if untreated, doctor?" Costy asked. "Absolutely, yes," replied Reiber, who also acknowledged that he had not reviewed the boy's previous medical records. "

I think most of us know someone who has diabetes, but how many of us know someone who has gotten as ill as this child from diabetes? Ridiculous....unless you receive NO medical care at all! As I read this story, I immediatley thought of a much rarer, though not unheard of disease that is usually hereditary. It is based on a problem with the enzyme pathways that typically break down hemoglobin in the liver. The by-products of your red blood cells which are dying everyday, eventually build up and depost thier selves in your skin and tissues. There are many different kinds of these diseases, and they are generally referred to as "porphyria" diseases. Go to google, and select "images" and type in the word "porphyria". Here is an example of a little boy with congenital porphyria.

im2.jpg

im1.jpg

Here is a description of his disease:

A 4-year-old boy, presented with blistering and scarring of skin. He had vesicles and erosions with mutilations of the skin over exposed surfaces (Fig.1). There was hypertrichosis over face and extremities, teeth were stained red (Fig. 2) with moderate splenomegaly. The urine was red with increased levels of urinary and erythrocyte porphyrins. A diagnosis of Congenital Erythropoeitic Porphyria was made.

Now, wouldn't you think this child had been abused? I think this case should be evaluated further. What if this mother is poorly educated, and had been doing the best she could with a child who had special needs? I find it odd that the abuse was limited to the "skin".....why no broken bones? The "skin breaking down" and "raw tissue" sounds much more like a porphyria disease. Sad case any way you look at it.

One other point, and I will shut up. If you follow the link link to the article originally posted by Dark Shadows, you will read the following:

"Authorities found Raijon unresponsive at his home on the 700 block of South 40th Street in Richmond. The boy lived in a locked bedroom outfitted with a surveillance camera and an alarm that notified his mother when he got off the bed, and Moses fed him food mixed in a blender, police said.
Richmond police Officer Timothy Gard testified today that he arrived at the home and was overpowered by the smell of Pine-Sol, "so much so that it irritated your nose." That initially led investigators to believe that Raijon may have ingested it. But the coroner's report said toxicology reports came back "negative for Pine-Sol constituents." Moses told police that she used Pine-Sol to clean the house and to mask the smell of her son's urine, as he was prone to wet the bed, Gard said. She also kept Pine-Sol in open containers in the house, including Raijon's room, the officer said. "

Did she feed him the food mixed in a blender because his gums were bleeding from his disease??? Did she have the security cameras installed because she was afraid he would injure himself? The smell of urine being a problem is also an alarm bell for various metabolic diseases. I am not at all convinced that this child was abused....I think he was sick. Perhaps he should have been in the hospital, but that is a far different situation than saying the Mother caused the injuries.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back