CA - Rebecca Zahau Nalepa - suicide or murder? #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably they did not need an attorney but I'll bet the hospital attorney was involved. We are always within our rights to question the care. MOO

I doubt the hospital attorney would be involved. None was involved in my request and my dad was elderly. Parents would have the right to their child's records without the need for any attorney. I also think the ICU doctors caring for Max would be very upfront in their opinions, especially concerning how they viewed his "fall."

JMO

I doubt the hospital attorney would be involved. None was involved in my request and my dad was elderly. Parents would have the right to their child's records without the need for any attorney. I also think the ICU doctors caring for Max would be very upfront in their opinions, especially concerning how they viewed his "fall."

JMO

My experience has been that in any unusual situation the hospital attorney is involved whether the parent knows it or not. Probably your situation was clear cut and no one questioned the circumstances of the hospitalization. Yes you certainly have a right to those records.

Thanks SunnieRN. I have never seen anything like it in 32 years of practice. Women don't usually hang themselves much less naked. But even so lets say she did so. The hands bound behind the back and the T shirt around the neck and in the mouth plus the cryptic message all point to homicide to me. Just the planning is baffling. Do you agree? Getting the paint and the rope? Just because the only DNA or fingerprints are from RZ does not equal suicide. It could mean gloves. I can't see what I know of this young woman doing this angry, angry act. MOO

Thank you Pete. I appreciate your opinion and agree with you. I have seen a lot of suicide survivors. Some were 'ok', others were on life support as they were too successful to function normally, but didn't actually die.

I agree that the sim of each aspect, added together, is what makes this case so unbelievable as a suicide.

Thanks again, I look forward to more of your opinions!

Thanks SunnieRN. I have never seen anything like it in 32 years of practice. Women don't usually hang themselves much less naked. But even so lets say she did so. The hands bound behind the back and the T shirt around the neck and in the mouth plus the cryptic message all point to homicide to me. Just the planning is baffling. Do you agree? Getting the paint and the rope? Just because the only DNA or fingerprints are from RZ does not equal suicide. It could mean gloves. I can't see what I know of this young woman doing this angry, angry act. MOO

Yes, there would have to be a tremendous amount of planning involved. She would have to figure out how to secure a rope to the bed, figure out how to bind her feet, make a noose, bind her hands behind her back. She also would have to figure out how long a rope to leave to make sure her feet would not be touching the ground, and apparently she did all that without even getting onto the balcony prior to hopping onto balcony with feet already bound.

Thank you Pete. I appreciate your opinion and agree with you. I have seen a lot of suicide survivors. Some were 'ok', others were on life support as they were too successful to function normally, but didn't actually die.

I agree that the sim of each aspect, added together, is what makes this case so unbelievable as a suicide.

Thanks again, I look forward to more of your opinions!

I look forward to your opinions also!

Yes, there would have to be a tremendous amount of planning involved. She would have to figure out how to secure a rope to the bed, figure out how to bind her feet, make a noose, bind her hands behind her back. She also would have to figure out how long a rope to leave to make sure her feet would not be touching the ground, and apparently she did all that without even getting onto the balcony prior to hopping onto balcony with feet already bound.

You are right! I don't disagree with what you have said!

You're the bomb!

I hear you about the tempting "ignore function"... the trouble is that, however hard to stomach, much of this case seems to hinge on spin battles being waged live in the media. I can't help wondering how tuning out a voice might affect those battles. Better to read and not respond?

LOL it would also save my blood presssure but I'm just doing what you said now...haven't gone to the extreme yet.

So Pete, just out of curiosity sake, what do you think happened?

My experience has been that in any unusual situation the hospital attorney is involved whether the parent knows it or not. Probably your situation was clear cut and no one questioned the circumstances of the hospitalization. Yes you certainly have a right to those records.

Why do you believe the hospital attorney would be involved in a request from Max's parents?

I think it is amazing and wonderful to see all the professionals we have here and the respect with which we treat each other.

I just wanted to say I learn so much here and thank all of you.

For RZ? I think it was murder. Possibly contract. You?

Definitely murder!! I don't think it was a contract killing, but something 'closer to home'.

What about Max? Tragic accident?

I think it is amazing and wonderful to see all the professionals we have here and the respect with which we treat each other.

I just wanted to say I learn so much here and thank all of you.

You are an amazing poster and I learn a lot from your posts!! It takes us all, so we can build on each others ideas!!

Definitely murder!! I don't think it was a contract killing, but something 'closer to home'.

What about Max? Tragic accident?

Max...I'm not quite as sure, not having read his medical records.
When I said possibly contract, I was taking into consideration that the "others" had alibis. Still, no way, IMO that this would be a suicide.
Do you think? What do you think about Max?

Max...I'm not quite as sure, not having read his medical records.
When I said possibly contract, I was taking into consideration that the "others" had alibis. Still, no way, IMO that this would be a suicide.
Do you think? What do you think about Max?

I think the scenario they showed at the PC would account for the wounds Max had, but, I find it hard to see him going over the bannister as Ocean was big enough that I think he would have stopped Max from going over, not propelled him faster and higher. In other words, I have no clue.

The funeral home in St. Joseph, Missouri has removed Rebecca Zahau's memorial page from their funeral/burial listings. It had become a place where people decided to post their views of the ongoing did she or didn't she discussion. Funerals and burials before her death and since are listed. They no longer list her as their client.

Why do you believe the hospital attorney would be involved in a request from Max's parents?

Because when any case comes into a hospital that is not clear cut, say an accident, possible homicide or suicide the Emergency Department must notify hospital CEO's and they in turn notify legal counsel, they are always on the alert for any legal situation whether it involves the hospital, treatment or otherwise...they are informed. I'm not saying they would or could deny the parents access to records.but they would be on alert. They would have informed staff how to handle any request for viewing of records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz