CA - Rebecca Zahau Nalepa - suicide or murder? #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ ^

I think that's one of the markers used by LE when numbering what they found...

I have no idea how to go about this, but if someone does, I am all ears!! Is this something we would start ourselves? Or ask a moderator for help with?

I think the easiest thing to do is to ask the mods to put the links to these things in the first message of each thread when they start a new one. Does someone have a compilation of these things they could post and then a mod could grab it and put it in the first post?

I see the tape, but why would it be at that spot? When stretched with weight at the end, woul it be at the edge of the balcony railing?

I agree, with weight on the hanging end of the rope, the tape mark would be moved closer to the railing.

I'm wondering if it was just to mark the exact positioning of the rope when the investigators entered the room? There has been some talk here of photos without the hanging rope present. Perhaps the added tape was a way of marking the rope's position before moving it?

Do we have anything (in the autopsy report?), I know we don't have police reports, that would tell us for sure what the number marker is there to signify?

I saw the version in the AR
She saved him Can you save her

How did the sister's version differ?

The above version seems hard to square with both a suicide and revenge killing. If suicide, why would she refer to herself as "she"? If she isn't referring to herself, who could she be referring to? Her sister?

If it was written by someone seeking revenge, why would they give "her" credit for saving "him."

As bizarre as this sounds, the message seems most consistent with someone trying to get at JS by killing his son and girlfriend. i.e., maybe Rebecca almost foiled the plan by administering CPR to MS, but you're not going to save her.

I saw the version in the AR
She saved him Can you save her

How did the sister's version differ?

The above version seems hard to square with both a suicide and revenge killing. If suicide, why would she refer to herself as "she"? If she isn't referring to herself, who could she be referring to? Her sister?

If it was written by someone seeking revenge, why would they give "her" credit for saving "him."

As bizarre as this sounds, the message seems most consistent with someone trying to get at JS by killing his son and girlfriend. i.e., maybe Rebecca almost foiled the plan by administering CPR to MS, but you're not going to save her.

The sister's version is the same in the beginning, but ends 'can he save her'.

See the picture that highlights the foot prints? Is the black 'thing' at the bottom, Mr. Hopalong, 1 foot LE officers other foot?

My computer froze after uploading that image. Anyone else? Anyway the link is:

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/rz.pdf

Page 15, right hand photo

I took another look at the patio again (from the link above), and changed the color setting to contrast the footprints a bit more. I can see more possible footprints than what they have outlined - one perhaps under their ruler? Anyone else see more - such as just in front of the two prints at the threshold, especially in front of the right foot?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-09 at 3.18.52 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2011-09-09 at 3.18.52 PM.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 200
Regarding whether the balcony doors were open or closed...the AR says "Extending from the double doors was a reddish orange rope..." Hmm. Sounds closed to me though I realize this is not definitive- just if I had to say based on that language I would say closed.

It would be interesting to see a poll in here, if one of you knows how to do so. Forgive me if it's already been done.

CalElliot
Quote:

She "shopped"?

Link please.
==================================================

Brought over from the closed thread.

In the radaronline interview with Mary Zahou, she said , as evidence to show that Rebeccah was not that upset or distraught, that rebeccah had gone shopping with her little sister on Tueday. I am assuming that was right before she took her to the airport and she left.

As others said, who knows why she went shopping. Maybe it is not fair to bring it up. HOWEVER, the family is the one bringing it up, as a way to show she was not that distraught. I think it shows she WAS having mental issues, imo.

Not sure if this will work, but here goes.
cellphone.jpg

In this photo, I see the red rope with evidence marker #29.

The blurry-looking smudgy thing beyond that looks like the carpet, to me.

Based on where the cell phone was drawn in the diagram, I think the phone was behind the door out of sight of this particular photo.

I think context is important when discussing the sister's claims about shopping or guilt. This is a grieving sister who is trying to make the point that this wasn't suicide and she is doing so by attempting to make it seem as if Rebecca was not in a suicidal state of mind. I don't deny that such claims can, in turn, make her appear callous, but let's consider the source and what her point is. Her point is not that Rebecca was some sort of uncaring individual, her point was she was not suicidal. Again, I get that these claims can be extrapolated into, Rebecca didn't care about Max. But that's not her intention and I'm sure in her grief she never thought of it that way. Not to mention, as others have said, we don't know why or where or for what she went shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona