CA - Rebecca Zahau Nalepa - suicide or murder? #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bellimom, in that picture you posted above, where the words 'toe impressions' to the right and above does that look like a blood drop to you? I know the spot above the 'boot impression' has been discussed before as possibly blood, it even looks like there may be a couple more that look like blood, imho.

Beli - thanks for that photo. It looks like there could be more footprints, but it's hard to tell. I can sort of see another less well-defined print in the area you indicated.

I would like to know the following statistic:

Of the documented suicides where a suicide note/message was left, what percentage left a cryptic note/message?

Wouldn't that suicidal person want to make sure that their last words were understood?

[Note: In the case of RZ, I do acknowledge that the meaning of the painted words was probably crystal clear to the intended recipient of the message. But, as far as we know, that recipient has not disclosed the meaning publicly.]

There have been conversations within more than one thread, if I am not mistaken, however, I have no idea where to direct you. Sorry.
In Casey A's threads, the mods reminded us several times to "tag" our posts, so that when the trial came we'd be able to better find what we might want to look for. I didn't post or look back that often, so I can't say how well tags work, but it sounded like a good thing. Can someone with real experience with tags chime in? Thanks in advance!

I think context is important when discussing the sister's claims about shopping or guilt. This is a grieving sister who is trying to make the point that this wasn't suicide and she is doing so by attempting to make it seem as if Rebecca was not in a suicidal state of mind. I don't deny that such claims can, in turn, make her appear callous, but let's consider the source and what her point is. Her point is not that Rebecca was some sort of uncaring individual, her point was she was not suicidal. Again, I get that these claims can be extrapolated into, Rebecca didn't care about Max. But that's not her intention and I'm sure in her grief she never thought of it that way. Not to mention, as others have said, we don't know why or where or for what she went shopping.

I know she is not 'meaning' to say she was uncaring or callous. But that is what is sounds like to me. Tuesday morning, hours after she is leaning over the dying child in the entry way, and she is able to take her little sister on a shopping trip on the way to the airport? Sorry, but that does not sound that great to me. That little boy died violently on her watch, and he was supposedly super close to her, 'even closer than to his own mom' according to the sisters. And yet she can muster up the strength to shop?

I feel the same way about the attorney's statement that she had no guilt about the incident, even though in her next breath Bremner is saying it was a planking accident. If that little boy died while he was trying to plank from the upstairs balcony then RN should have had a lot of guilty feelings. imoo

I do not think the sisters are doing their deceased sister any favors by doing some of these interviews. Pointing out how 'jealous' DS was of Max's love for Rebeccah was a low blow given these tragic circumstances.

In this photo, I see the red rope with evidence marker #29.

The blurry-looking smudgy thing beyond that looks like the carpet, to me.

Based on where the cell phone was drawn in the diagram, I think the phone was behind the door out of sight of this particular photo.

I see now (said the blind person). What looked like #29 to be the phone was actually the rope and the phone 8s #30 and behind the door. Thanks for the correction. :seeya:

Bellimom, in that picture you posted above, where the words 'toe impressions' to the right and above does that look like a blood drop to you? I know the spot above the 'boot impression' has been discussed before as possibly blood, it even looks like there may be a couple more that look like blood, imho.

I think there was a discussion earlier about that red stuff actually being bird/gull poop. Apparently the red berries in the yard and neighboring yards create red stained bird droppings.

The cell phone is #30, the rope is #29, so there is def NO cell phone in that pic lol. Is it just me or does the carpet look filthy,and the balcony dilapidated??? Doesn't look so posh to me

you know what I'm wondering about.. why did she need two knives in the guest room with her??

Another knife was also found next to her body on the lawn, but I'm assuming that one was used to cut the rope by the brother when he found her..

I would like to know the following statistic:

Of the documented suicides where a suicide note/message was left, what percentage left a cryptic note/message?

Wouldn't that suicidal person want to make sure that their last words were understood?

[Note: In the case of RZ, I do acknowledge that the meaning of the painted words was probably crystal clear to the intended recipient of the message. But, as far as we know, that recipient has not disclosed the meaning publicly.]

I noticed when Rebecca's sister has spoken she does not speak English as well as those who were born here.

I had wondered if the message left by Rebecca was also due to a language barrier of sorts.

IMO

Sunnie,

LOL I wondered that too! I think that's probably the boot of the person who is taking the crime scene photos. In that document it says that the boot imprint is that of a police officer not the crime scene investigator/photographer. It could be I guess though, right?

OT- BTW Sunnie, we have something in common.. we're both RN's! :) You answered a lot of the medical questions I was going to answer the last few days before I had a chance to reply. I love how everyone on this thread has a lot of personal/professional knowledge to offer to the case. It really helps move it along and fill in the pieces.

You guys rock! :rocker:

Please humor me and go to the bottom of page 18. Could this be the shoe/boot that goes along with the single 'boot print' on the balcony?
http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/rz.pdf

I noticed when Rebecca's sister has spoken she does not speak English as well as those who were born here.

I had wondered if the message left by Rebecca was also due to a language barrier of sorts.

IMO

Thanks Ocean.

However, I'm not convinced that that painted message was left by RZ.

MOO

I'm not either.. I wonder if there was any black paint found on her hands. Do we have the actual autopsy report on Rebecca anywhere?

Thanks Ocean.

However, I'm not convinced that that painted message was left by RZ.

MOO

I wish we had a thread for links only, no discussion, for this case. That way articles, autopsy reports, pictures, etc would be in a centralized location.

Last night there was discussion about the balcony windows and the rope. If there was a thread with links, it would have been easier to move pictures, or information forward.

Your wish, is my command :loser:

Please find a news media/timeline thread right here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7109726#post7109726"]CA Rebecca Zahau Naplepa Suicide or Murder? Media links&Timelines ONLY-NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

There is nothing posted there yet, so you guys have a lot to do to catch up :) Go Sleuths! :great:

I've wondered about the cryptic message too- I don't know the stats but I'm fairly certain I would not leave a cryptic message as my last words (disclaimer: I realize we can't rationalize a suicidal person's thinking, this is just me thinking out loud). She had a good relationship with her family. You'd think she would want to leave something for them. If the thinking is that she killed herself over Max, why is that not reflected (at least obviously) in the message? It's just a strange message for one's last words, imo. I can't imagine leaving a message that no one would understand and not being around to explain it. Maybe, indeed, there is someone who understands it. Playing along for a minute, if it was to JS from RZ, I wonder if he'd admit he understood?

Also, do we know for sure whether she was right or left handed? Someone sure wants us to think she's right handed, from reading the AR.

There was paint found on her fingers,hand,breast. A little too much for me,my six year old makes less of a mess. I think she may have even had paint on her back. Gonna go find link for ya :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz