Identified! CA - Sacramento Co., Female body on rural road, Jan '14 - Melissa Clements

Very bad close up of ring, third finger left hand, of Chanpenxi. I think it's slipped sideways and I don't think, maybe, it's the ring discussed here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 85
This pic's bigger.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 73
She is described as "4-feet, 11-inches tall, about 90 pounds" and is 59? Her hair looks dark not light brown or blonde?

only one pic of her has darker hair the others on the find susan FB page have her with ighter hair!

Close up of Susan's wedding ring hand. Hers looks more like a plain band.

How did her finger get broken, I wonder? It's in a splint.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 70
Oh my...

The decomp status of this person does not fit with the time Susan Jacobson disappeared...

But there could be reasons for that (as yet unknown, of course) ...

JMO

What did they say about decomp status... all I read was that they did not think she had been in that location for long.

Excuse the misplaced pin. Red marks twin cities Rd, purple is supposed to mark where the body was found (about half mile north of Twin Cities rd, just east of Snodgrass Slough). Snodgrass Slough's the green area to the left of the purple pin.

Regardless, I still think it seems pretty obvious obvious the perp was driving along the highway marked 5 in the picture, and just turned off to dump the body. If they'd been on Twin Cities Rd, surely they'd have just driven under the highway right into Snodgrass Slough, further away from all the traffic?

It also seems there are two highly populated areas south and north of that stretch of the highway. Stockton and Sacramento. I can't really think of a perp coming from anywhere outside of those two cities where there are plenty of places to dump a body, just to get into that strip near Snodgrass where the body was found. Especially as they'd have to go through those busy areas, with all the risks of being stopped by LE.

I think the perp lives in Sacramento, or along the route between there and where the body was found. And that we should be looking out for new missing person's reports because I don't think this poor lady has been reported yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 24
Mmmm. It might also make sense if the person was killed in Galt, driven along Twin Cities Rd and then dumped. It depends where the levee rd is. I can't see any on the map. Is a levee rd a dirt road near water?

Whoops! I think Snodgrass Slough is a body of water and not a green area. Sorry. I am not a mapper but I can't help trying.

A different map -- no directions, just the location.

A deputy found the body shortly before 8 a.m. while patrolling the dusty levee road west of Interstate 5 and just east of the bridge over Snodgrass Slough. The body was partly obscured by a rusty piece of farming equipment parked on the shoulder of the road, about a half-mile north of Twin Cities. A thick canopy of trees hangs overhead, Bowman said.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/01/23/6096768/sacramento-sheriffs-detectives.html#storylink=cpy

Here's what Google Earth shows of the location: https://goo.gl/maps/pVnMb It wouldn't let me put the pin in the exact spot.

Somebody coming either direction on I5 might have pulled off at that exit and just driven until they found a dark and lonely spot. It's only three minutes off the highway according to google estimates.

Yes, I didn't see any decomposition info, just that the remains were burnt. I think they could not have been there too long or be completely burnt though, as they know what color her hair is.

So far I have only found a 17 year old who is recently missing from Concorde who fits the other physical description. But the age range couldn't be out by that much, could it? The ring doesn't seem right for her either. http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1227644/1

27 year old Angela Hartzell has been missing since November. She has light brown hair but is about 5'6 and 150lbs. She is supposed to have disappeared from a food bank line in Long Beach, according to her convicted felon boyfriend with serious mental health issues.

However, they did just take off from PA without warning, and it doesn't seem LE has yet been able to confirm Angela's presence in Long Beach, so.....
http://lbpost.com/news/2000001428-public-help-sought-in-finding-missing-young-woman#.UuWWdcukqSM

Apart from these women, I've searched all the towns that made any sense to me in regards to where the body was found and haven't found any recent missing persons that fit.

The one name that comes up again and again is Susan Jacobson. But her timeline doesn't fit.

ETA, the women above don't really fit in terms of where they disappeared, but they were the only ones anywhere near, within the timeline, that I found.

Yes, I didn't see any decomposition info, just that the remains were burnt. I think they could not have been there too long or be completely burnt though, as they know what color her hair is.

So far I have only found a 17 year old who is recently missing from Concorde who fits the other physical description. But the age range couldn't be out by that much, could it? The ring doesn't seem right for her either. http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1227644/1

I was wondering about her, too, but the things that don't match seem significant.

A different map -- no directions, just the location.

A deputy found the body shortly before 8 a.m. while patrolling the dusty levee road west of Interstate 5 and just east of the bridge over Snodgrass Slough. The body was partly obscured by a rusty piece of farming equipment parked on the shoulder of the road, about a half-mile north of Twin Cities. A thick canopy of trees hangs overhead, Bowman said.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/01/23/6096768/sacramento-sheriffs-detectives.html#storylink=cpy

Here's what Google Earth shows of the location: https://goo.gl/maps/pVnMb It wouldn't let me put the pin in the exact spot.

Somebody coming either direction on I5 might have pulled off at that exit and just driven until they found a dark and lonely spot. It's only three minutes off the highway according to google estimates.

Help me carbuff, I can't find highway 15. Sorry in advance if it is really obvious.

Oh, is that Interstate 5 you mentioned, ie I5?

Well, if I haven't got totally confused, that spot where the body was located would make perfect sense for someone driving down 5 from the Elk Grove/Franklin areas of Laguna. It's the second turnoff. The first would be much too close to Sacramento for comfort.

And much of the land along the turnoff road of Twin Cities is flat, cultivated and too visible, until a person gets to the trees where the body was found.

Excuse the fingerwriting on the map.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 30
Well, if I haven't got totally confused, that spot where the body was located would make perfect sense for someone driving down 5 from the Elk Grove/Franklin areas of Laguna. It's the second turnoff. The first would be much too close to Sacramento for comfort.

And much of the land along the turnoff road of Twin Cities is flat, cultivated and too visible, until a person gets to the trees where the body was found.

Excuse the fingerwriting on the map.

Fingerwriting is good :)

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. When you're driving on an interstate, the tendency is to go to the right off the highway rather than the left, which would mean it would be easier coming from the north. I wouldn't rule out coming from as far north as Sacramento; as you point out, the exit before is still too close to the city.

Close up of Susan's wedding ring hand. Hers looks more like a plain band.

How did her finger get broken, I wonder? It's in a splint.

Splint aspect is interesting..

I had not noticed that before...

Could it just be the blurring of the pic...?

:dunno:

What did they say about decomp status... all I read was that they did not think she had been in that location for long.

I think that is all I was referring to, too...

sorry I wasn't more clear...

JMO

Thank you, Zwiebel and Carbuff, for your dedication in researching this poor deceased woman...

:tyou:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian
Back