Identified! CA - Sacramento Co., Female body on rural road, Jan '14 - Melissa Clements

Well, this has taken an odd twist.

Sacramento County sheriff’s detectives are now seeking the public’s help in identifying the woman, who is believed to have been 35 to 45 years old and between 5 feet 1 inch and 5 feet 4 inches tall.

She weighed 100 to 130 pounds and had light brown or blonde hair and a mole on her lower back. She wore a diamond ring on her left finger that detectives hope somebody will recognize. She also wore a chain-style necklace around her neck.

Detectives have now classified her death as a homicide. However, how she died remains unclear.

The fire appears to have been set at the location where her body was found - a dirt levee road near Snodgrass Slough, said sheriff’s Sgt. Lisa Bowman. Detectives are awaiting further information from the coroner’s office to determine whether the fire killed her.

They also are not sure how long ago she died, though they do not believe her body had been at the scene long before its discovery about 8 a.m. Thursday.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/01/24/6099585/womans-body-found-on-delta-levy.html#mi_rss=Our%20Region

The description would fit Holly Grim. Don't know though whether she had a mole or the described jewelry. She disappeared Nov 22, 2013, from Wescosville, PA.

Our Jane Doe has an age range up to 45, but her max estimated height is 5'4" and weight is max 130lbs. Kathleen is 5'8" and 160lbs.

Mistakes can be made with these identifiers though, and the timing of her disappearance Jan 12th fits the timeline of this UID's discovery on the 23rd.

https://www.facebook.com/SacSheriff
Media Release on 1/24/14 on Sacramento County Sheriff's Department Facebook page

Quote: "A Sacramento Sheriff Deputy on routine patrol located the victim, whose body was burned beyond recognition. Detectives believe the victim was a white female adult, between the ages of 35-45 years old, with room for variation. The victim was believed to be between 5’1” – 5’4” tall, weighed between 100-130 pounds and had light brown or blonde hair. She was wearing a ring on her left finger (pictured) and a chain-style necklace around her neck. The victim also had a mole on her lower back."

I was hoping to find an update today with more information to help identify this woman but perhaps they haven't done an autopsy yet. I thought it interesting that the description given in the media release indicates room for variation on the age.

Our Jane Doe has an age range up to 45, but her max estimated height is 5'4" and weight is max 130lbs. Kathleen is 5'8" and 160lbs.

Mistakes can be made with these identifiers though, and the timing of her disappearance Jan 12th fits the timeline of this UID's discovery on the 23rd.

It's awfully hard to estimate the living height and weight of somebody whose body was burned, so I think there could be quite a bit of margin for error in the numbers. The timeline and general description fit.

Location's a bit iffy though; Victorville where she was last seen and Hesperia where she's from are down near LA: https://goo.gl/maps/RQUGh

I tried searching on NamUs for missing women from all over the country anytime in the past few years who had been wearing a wedding ring and amazingly very few missing women have that noted in their case file. Is it something so obvious that people forget to include it?

For example, Susan Jacobson - we all know she wore a wedding ring at one time (based on her photo) but there's nothing listed under jewelry in her NamUs file. I suppose it's possible that she wasn't wearing it the day she disappeared and her husband found her ring at home.

Also, about the mole - some of us have so many freckles & moles (ugh!!) so if a loved one was asked to describe any scars/marks on our bodies - would they even think to mention a mole unless it's really prominent like on your face or neck? I tried searching NamUs with mole listed under that category but that wasn't helpful.

Leanne Bearden was reported missing last week from TX. Wearing a wedding ring. Seems like a long way away, though.

Leanne Bearden was reported missing last week from TX. Wearing a wedding ring. Seems like a long way away, though.

Wow. I had the same exact thought when this body was first found. The description and timing seemed so coincidental. I felt sick about it as I hunted for photos showing Leanne's hand w/her wedding ring (I couldn't find any) ... but the NamUs description for Leanne's jewelry is:
wedding ring set in white gold with a round diamond weighing 0.70ct. possibly sized at a 4

May this woman RIP.

:rose:

:praying: for those that love her...

May Justice be swift and just...

He apparently reported her as a missing person:

Sacramento County sheriff’s deputies said they received a missing person's report on Sunday.

A patrol deputy noted there were physical similarities between the missing person and the body found on the levee road in the area of Twin Cities and River roads near Snodgrass Slough Thursday morning.

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/arrest-mad.../24158222/-/a84r23/-/index.html#ixzz2rjRnexbq

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back