CA-Sandra Cantu Missing 3/28/2009 from Tracy,#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which mobile home is being raided? Do we know?

Not much new. LE will release the video of Sandra leaving her home tomorrow morning. The new guy voluntarily went to the PD, he was not arrested.

What is his name?

Salem

CNN reporting from a local Tracy station that person taken away was not taken to PD. Never showed up there (according to media who was waiting for them to show up). Anyone have any idea where they went? Can someone local find out anything?

Can someone tell me what is the difference between a raid and a search warrant search?

Nothing - raid is used by media to make you think something is happening; search warrant is used by LE to make you think nothing is happening. :crazy:

Salem

CNN reporting from a local Tracy station that person taken away was not taken to PD. Never showed up there (according to media who was waiting for them to show up). Anyone have any idea where they went? Can someone local find out anything?

I don't like the sound of that.:mad: I hope they just went to a coffee shop or a different PD or something.

Does this guy even know about this current raid? Said he wasn't aware of FBI going to family home. huh?
that is what I am sayin' mom! Media reported seeing a person taken out in cuffs~! they are on the ground like close up!

:laugh:
Nothing - raid is used by media to make you think something is happening; search warrant is used by LE to make you think nothing is happening. :crazy:

Salem

Thanx Salem!

I don't like the sound of that.:mad: I hope they just went to a coffee shop or a different PD or something.

I hope so too. Maybe they were trying to avoid cameras and went to a quieter place to interview this person.

so..there was a new Sw in the mobile home park (mhp) today... involving one person, one vehicle, one home. Nice. I really hope they are NOT spinning wheels here! I hope they HAVE something THIS time. (((sorry...nurse just sick with worry over this one)))

Which mobile home is being raided? Do we know?

The media knows, but they're not saying until they can definitely confirm. All they're saying is that a 44 yo man was arrested there. (Or, as LE is saying, "not arrested.")

Steadfast, are you really thinking someone was arrested (I didn't see that part) tia

Steadfast, are you really thinking someone was arrested (I didn't see that part) tia

Local media was on phone with HLN saying they saw the man being led away in handcuffs. I think he may be a different guy than the one the spokesman at the presser was talking about.
Maybe this happened: Person comes voluntarily to LE today (like spokesman said,) gives info, which leads to search warrant and arrest of a man (that media saw).

JVM talking about hello kitty t-shirt right now

Saying as far as LE is concerned they aren't lookin' at the shirt, and it is nothing. They are still gonna test it but they have moved passed it.

I didn't see the presser. There was a RSO arrested today though - RSO registered address is located about a 28 minute drive from Tracy. Probably not connected but thought I would mention it.

I didn't see the presser. There was a RSO arrested today though - RSO registered address is located about a 28 minute drive from Tracy. Probably not connected but thought I would mention it.

Do you know who the RSO was? Did they give a name?

Salem

Former prosecutor on JVM stating that connection between internet child *advertiser censored* and missing girls points to an epidemic. Although I am highly paranoid about child molestation, abduction and killings, there were 72.3 million children under the age of 18 in 2000 according to the U.S. census. http://www.census.gov/prod/2001pubs/c2kbr01-12.pdf
Using a prior poster's quote, if there are 130 classic stranger abductions per year, that translates to a .000001798 chance of a child being abducted by a stranger which is classified as someone the child does not know or a slight acquaintance.
There are many different types of abductions used in statistics. Most are by family members or friends. Things like an old man holding kids by gunpoint on his farm for a couple hours because they are trespassing and he is mean and crazy and wants to teach them a lesson, are considered kidnapping. So is someone holding a child against his or her will in a store, etc.. In other words, many things are considered child abduction that do not fall under the classic definition of a stranger snatching a child for ransom or to molest and kill.
My point is that even though I think it is worth it to be very vigilant, sometimes people exaggerate the issue. Epidemic is like 1 in 7 people being affected by whatever it is, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge