GUILTY CA - Serenity Gandara, 3, beaten to death in Bakersfield foster home, 18 Jul 2010

Police says they ar ein Mexico and police is also trying to get them back in US.
They will most likely to do it.
Waiting on autopsy report also...
Very sad. I am very shaken off.
They were our renters and she was our housekeeper for more than a year.
We trusted them with all our belongings and pets. They had keys and codes.

But they semed to be very very nice people. Carla is a witty woman and love dhe rchildren worked hard while Albert took care of children at home.
They also worked very very hard to adopt the children who were their niece and nephew from Albert's sister.

We are assuming an accident happened somehow. Maybe the eldest child has a tantrum and they spooked and tried to protect the child and did not want to part with them, so they fled to Mexico.

Carla called her sister to let osmeone know that the other boy was at home alone. That shows me that she cared for his welfare... That's how the cops found out the whole scene. Otherwise it wouldn't have been unravel as fats as it did yesterday...

Thanks for your insight into this case, Nymphet...and welcome to Websleuths. I hope that it was a terrible accident , but with the injuries on the young girl and boy, it looks like someone has been hurting these children. I wonder if the bio mom ever gets time alone with her kids.

Child welfare workers said Monday that confidentiality laws prohibited them from responding to claims they had been warned a little girl was in danger before the child’s bruised body was abandoned in a southwest Bakersfield home Sunday. Also on Monday: The coroner’s office identified the victim as Serenity Julia Gandara, 3. The coroner’s office reported an autopsy was performed and the cause and manner of death “are pending further investigation. The Bakersfield Police Department said the girl’s foster parents – who were her aunt and uncle – probably are in or near Mexico hiding from authorities. The parents, Carla Garcia, 26, and Alberto Garcia, 26, apparently took their three biological children. Relatives said Carla Garcia is a Mexican citizen. Police said Carla Garcia called her sister Sunday morning and asked her to come to the Garcia house in the 5900 block of Summer Country Drive, in southwest Bakersfield. When she got there, the sister found Serenity’s body on the floor in one room, and Serenity’s 4-year-old brother sleeping in another room. The Garcias and their three children were gone. Police said Serenity had trauma to her head and torso, and both she and her brother had injuries in various stages of healing. On Monday, Maria Garcia, the maternal grandmother of the foster children, told Channel 17’s Emily Moore she had warned a CPS social worker about abuse in the Garcia household. I told her many times something happened with these kids,” Maria Garcia said. The children belonged to Alberto Garcia's sister, but he and Carla were fostering them and were in the process of adopting them. The toddler’s paternal grandmother, Renee Maese, said other family members wanted to adopt the children, but CPS would not consider anyone but Alberto and Carla.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38318410/

Of course CPS knew and did NOTHING!
:furious::furious:

So CPS likely knew, same song second verse.

On Monday, Maria Garcia, the maternal grandmother of the foster children, told Channel 17’s Emily Moore she had warned a CPS social worker about abuse in the Garcia household. I told her many times something happened with these kids,” Maria Garcia said. The children belonged to Alberto Garcia's sister, but he and Carla were fostering them and were in the process of adopting them. The toddler’s paternal grandmother, Renee Maese, said other family members wanted to adopt the children, but CPS would not consider anyone but Alberto and Carla.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38318410/

If the grandmother reported them to CPS social worker, she was telling on her own son... Wonder if she have something against her daughter-in-law, Carla???

My husband said he didn't think the children get to see their biological mother anymore.
The couple have just got married after many years of togetherness.
The picture that has been released in the news is from their very recent wedding.
Carla always said that Albert wanted to give her a proper wedding. A big one, but now after years, they decided it is time and they did a nice backyard party.
We really wanted to help them the best we could. I honestly admired their willingness and courage to adopt these 2 children on top of the 3 they already had.
Carla always raved about Albert's fatherhood with children.
They were sooooooooo happy to have moved into our house. They had very hard time and very small space in the previous house they lived. Their neighbors did not treat them well due to racial issues.
They felt so very welcome in our house with lots of space for all the children and wonderful neigbors. I haven't really met the children in person closely, but my husband said that they were very very well behaved.
Carla also mentioned that in the previous house they lived, the children sensed a spirit of a 5-year-old boy and the children were scared at night. They have all been releived and getting a great sense of rest in our house. So, I thought they felt like a tight happy family and grounded their togetherness with the recent marriage only a few months back...

The last news about the scars on the children crushes my heart. I am so emotionally tied up and saddened now... I am trying not to assume anything and open to my intuition till more information is released...
Thank you all for the welcomes. This is too much for my emotional being.
My husband will be able to go into the house in a couple hours. I decided not to go in at this time.

Police have issued murder and felony child endangerment warrants and are still working on obtaining an unlawful flight warrant through the FBI, DeGeare said.
"We want to take them into custody for the murder, but we are more concerned with the children's welfare," she added.
The three children believed to still be with the couplehave been identified as Carlos Joe Solvalvarro, 9; Crystal Garcia, 5; and Alberto Garcia Jr., 4. Police corrected earlier statements made to CNN that Carlos Joe Solvalvarro was 10.
Solvalvarro's father is worried about the safety of his son while he's with his mother and stepfather. Solvalverro told CNN affiliate KBAK that he's had tifts with the stepfather in the past and his ex-wife is short-tempered.
"The father just likes to pick on smaller people than him," Solvalvarro told KBAK.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/20/california.wanted.family/

Despite my initial decision not to enter the house today along with my husband, I decided to go and stay by his side.
I am glad I went. I helped him to clean up the perishable food items. We are not allowed to touch the other stuff yet. But we did not want the food to spoil and mice an bugs rush in.
There was still cooked food on the stove in the pans.
The police have cut the plumbing under the sinks to look for evidence (they did not tell this, so we starting washing down the kitchen sink just to flood the cabinet underneath...)
One of the sofa's cushions in the living room were torn off.
A couple places in the carpet of two rooms were cut off, too.
The neigbor said they had a coffee table, but it wasn't there. I guess the police took it. Instead they dusted the floor (we have light colored tiles on the living room floor)
One of the news article said they found the little girl's body on the living room floor. I think that's where it was.
Right there in front of the sofa where police dusted, there was a fairly large brown splatter that looked like blood. My husband said it is food and he is right.
Clothing was thrown all around probaly because of the police search and while the family packed to leave, but other than that, the place is clean.
It was nicely decorated and pretty well kept inside and backyard.
They had so much stuff. Lots of toys, DVDs, TVs in the house and in the backyard....
They had more stuff than us and they worked less than we do... They also had tons of food. So much food!!! We threw away spoiled food and gave the usable items to neighbor who wanted them, so we don't worry about the items in the fridge and in the kitchen.
I did not see pictures of the foster children displayed in the living room along with their own kids...

Very possible that incident has happened during dinner time, so they decided to leave and packed all night and left early morning....

God give us strength to clear it all out.

Thank You for sharing nymphet, this is truly a sad story.

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/98866719.html

Story Updated: Jul 20, 2010 at 5:35 PM PDT

Foster parents officially wanted for murder

... Alberto and Carla Garcia are wanted on a warrant for murder and child endangerment...

..."There were obvious signs of trauma, but as far as the actual cause of death, it is preliminary for that," police Sgt. David Chase said at the crime scene...

I read that the police arrived at the house right after the sister arrived.
I bet they were in or almost in Mexico when they called her.
If they were so cruel why would they call the sister?
I think this case does not have pure cruelty.
Something must have done absolutely wrong somehow... and they still cared for the little boy they left behind. I don't think anybody ever meant the death of the little girl...
Is still hope that they get them back and bring out the truth...
Welcome! :) I was thinking something along those lines also.

(respectfully snipped for space)

Very possible that incident has happened during dinner time, so they decided to leave and packed all night and left early morning....

God give us strength to clear it all out.
It sounds like you might be right about the timeline and they left in a hurry. I wonder if they have family or friends in Mexico they could be with?

And you definitely have my sympathy regarding the house. :(

It sounds like you might be right about the timeline and they left in a hurry. I wonder if they have family or friends in Mexico they could be with?

And you definitely have my sympathy regarding the house. :(

I remember reading in one of the news articles that someone said (I thought it was Carla's mother said but I am not so sure) that they have no relatives in Mexico.

Another or same article said that Carla came to US with her mother 25 years ago. That puts her to the age of 1. She has a sister, too. But that sister may have been born in the US. She looked younger than Carla to me.

And Albert is from California the same article said according to the birth papers of the kids....

Oh and there was a very nice grey truck by the curb in front of the house. One reporter was around earlier today and told us that the truck belonged to Carla's sister and the doors were unlocked, window down. It was sitting there since Sunday.
Where is the sister? If she came there with the truck, how did she go back?
Did the police possess her? If they did, they did not let her go yet, so she could come and collect her truck?
Sister is the first person police got the news from in the first place because Carla called her. Reporters interviewed lots of people. Nobody mentioned sister's name or interviewed her. Is she still held by the police?.....................
Did she call the police the minute Carla called her or did she wait for them to cross the border?

nymphet ~ I wonder if it may be possible that another family memeber also arrived and she left withthem, leaving her vehicle there. However, I would have thought though that they would have picked it up by now.

Serenity Julia Gandara

Rest in Peace little one.

Attachments

• serenity.jpg
    serenity.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 78
Terribly afraid that they're going to find them all dead somewhere -- I hate typing that, but how often does a person like this think he has the right to kill his whole family?

I got to meet the 4 year old brother of Serenity while in Bakersfield on Sunday evening. He was covered in scars and cuts and bruses, he is adorable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back